Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden (50896 Views)

Israel Has No Right To Defend Itself - Russia / Putin Is Mad: Poroshenko Picks Up Arms To Defend Kyiv / Iran Warns 'war With Israel Has Already Begun ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by WriterNig: 1:37pm On May 14, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKA33Tfa8w

Joe Biden on Wednesday said that Israelis “had the right to defend themselves” against Hamas attacks following a phone call with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, but said he hoped both sides were able to deescalate soon.

The US President, speaking for the first time since clashes began on Monday, said after a phone call with the Israeli leader: "My expectation and hope is that this will be closing down sooner than later, but Israel has a right to defend itself when you have thousands of rockets flying into your territory."

Mr Biden's comments came as Israel faced an escalating conflict on two fronts on Thursday, scrambling to quell riots between Arabs and Jews on its own streets after days of exchanging deadly fire with Palestinian militants in Gaza.

The President's top diplomat, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, earlier said there was a "clear distinction" between Hamas rocket launches against Israel and Israeli airstrikes in the Gaza Strip, appearing to back the Jewish state in the escalating conflict.

"There is a very clear and absolute distinction between a terrorist organisation, Hamas, that is indiscriminately raining down rockets - in fact, targeting civilians - and Israel's response defending itself," said Mr Blinken.

Mr Blinken said the US would be sending an envoy to the Middle East to try and calm tensions in Israel and Gaza.

He also said Israel “has an extra burden” to try to prevent civilian deaths, noting that Palestinian children have been killed in Israeli strikes.

At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin also offered “ironclad support” for Israel’s right to self-defence during a conversation earlier Wednesday with Israel’s defense chief, Benny Gantz.

"Secretary Austin conveyed the department’s ironclad support for Israel’s legitimate right to defend itself and its people, and he strongly condemned the launching of rockets by Hamas and other terrorist groups that targeted Israeli civilians,” a Pentagon spokesman said, without mentioning casualties among Palestinian civilians.

The militant group Hamas unleashed a fresh barrage of deadly rocket fire towards Israel on Wednesday in retaliation for the levelling of a 14-storey building in Gaza, ruling out an imminent ceasefire.

Mr Blinken said on Wednesday that he spoke with Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas, urging an end to rocket attacks amid escalating tensions with Israel.

On Wednesday night, Israel's army said it had received a rocket warning in the north of the country, the first time the alert has been given there since hostilities soared. Previously the approximately 1,500 rockets fired from Gaza by Hamas militants since Monday had set off warnings in southern and central Israel, but not in the north, the army said.

Gaza's Health Ministry said 69 Palestinians, including 16 children and six women have been killed. Islamic Jihad confirmed the deaths of seven militants, while Hamas acknowledged that a top commander and several other members were killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyICH3XWU1I

The Telegraph

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Dalil8: 1:38pm On May 14, 2021
God Bless Israel.

Over 2070 rockets fired into Israel by Hamas since on Sunday, thank God for their Iron Dome missile defense system.

Death to Hamas, Islamic Jihad and all terrorist sympathizers worldwide.

#Israelunderattack
#PrayforIsrael

560 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Righteousness2(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2021
Only one without understanding will say Israel should not defend itself and its People.

1 Rocket in a Country will crumble and destroy the Nation ! Talkless of over 2000 Rockets Fired into a small Nation in the midst of Enemies .
If not the Strong Covenant GOD Almighty has with them , their Enemies should have Crippled and wiped them off.

Lamentation upon Lamentation ,
Lies upon Lies cannot Change What is written!

Israel is a Nation of Peace!
Israel Accomodates all irrespective of Belief or religion..
Even the Muslims and Christians in Palestine are more comfortable living in Israel than in their own country. That alone should give u Understanding..

There is No Gang up, Lies, False hood or Misinformation that can change what is written.

I am not one who goes with Lies, rhetorics and Falsehood!

Listen!
Israel is Blessed by the Most High GOD!
You Bless them, you be Blessed!
You Curse them , you are Cursed!
There is Nothing you , me, Media or any Nation can do about it!

I Don't care whether you say they hate me or not!
I Stand Proudly and Unapologetically with the Nation of Israel

436 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Nogodye(m): 1:45pm On May 14, 2021
The Oracle has spoken... Isreal has America backing.l from time immemorial. Lebanon should also watchout.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by rottennaija(m): 1:47pm On May 14, 2021
That was how they turned a blind eye to the genocide in Rwanda.

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2021
Our Palestinians brothers from the north nd few in the south west over to you guys

272 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2021
rottennaija:
That was how they turned a blind eye to the genocide in Rwanda.

55 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Onyechiyelugo: 1:55pm On May 14, 2021
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I am a graduate of Civil Engineering and registered with COREN. I am also a Ph.D student in one of the public Universities in Nigeria. I had a job at the beggining of the year, but did not last.
I am struggling to survive and cannot even pay tuition fees.

Please, anyone with information about lecturing jobs: private and public Universities; construction projects: asphalt roads, interlocking roads, buildings and foundations should contact me. The duration of the project may be few months, I will do it. I am presently in Lagos State.

Call: 07038005502

80 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Bastardallah: 2:03pm On May 14, 2021
Kill every body wey dey knack head for ground in the name of prayer. They are all terrorist.

175 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Federickson02: 2:27pm On May 14, 2021
Over to the crying terrorists in Nigeria and SA. grin
I said it earlier that the US and UN won't do anything since it was the Hamas that fired the first shot. Imagine firing rockets into the territory of another country. What a stupid move. Now Isreal will use the golden opportunity to wipe them out since they hate them anyway gringrincheesycheesy

180 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by FalseProphet1(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
As a prophet, I stand with Israel, I see Israel winning this war, I see the United States secretly supporting Israel with weapons and intelligence, I see a massive barrage of nuclear missiles by the US on Iran, I see the Arabs surrendering. This I have seen.

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by CalabarPikin: 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Okay

Every nation have the right to defend itself...including Nigeria.
Every state have the right to defend itself too.....but the situation we find ourselves, You defend, you die; you don't defend, you die

That only happens when you have a NEPA certificated president

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Ceenachi: 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
I pray it lasts for long because the Islamic are trouble makers
Kill them all religion of pieces

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by EyezofGod120: 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Northern Nigeria needs to.lunch Israel as well,,so that Israel can give them their size too grin grin

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by RichDad1(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Let the war starts
Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by ademasta(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Sure
Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Elock1: 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Dalil8:
God Bless Israel.

Over 2070 rockets fired into Israel by Hamas since on Sunday, thank God for their Iron Dome missile defense system.

Death to Hamas, Islamic Jihad and all terrorist sympathizers worldwide.

#Israelunderattack
#PrayforIsrael
don't mind them
Na them find trouble but when they got served with what they dished others they are crying foul now.

Same with herders terrorists. When they were killing ipob members and igbo farmers they didn't know, but when the (oppressed) decided to defend themselves, miyeti Allah are now crying foul.

Ndi Ala

Lebanon should just be careful

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by BbqTormentor: 3:45pm On May 14, 2021
Joe joe

2 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
Yes..
Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by MsAllison(f): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
grin

ka boom
ka boom
ka boom
keep raining hailstorm to terrorists
let them burn
burn baby burn!!!

Hehehehehe this one is typical agbanari ajo mmadu agbakwulu ajọ mmụọ ( you ran away from evil person come jam evil spirit)

a spear in the heart of Tinubu urchins and those cheering and supporting Biden.

seems this Biden guy is good after all.
from supporting EndSARs
to snubbing terrorist buhari
to supporting Israel.
now tell me why did Tinubu urchins supported him at the first place cheesy
one would have thought by now Biden will be raining missiles to Tel Aviv at the order of Tinubu urchins that supported him.

Hehehehehe

some people should understand that Israel US relationship is beyond politics

God bless America
God bless Israel
God bless Children of God (igbos, real omoluabis and peaceful hausas)

thunder fire Buhari.
thunder fire Buhari supporters
thunder fire Tinubu urchins

all this and more I pray through Christ our Lord Amen

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by salbis(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
Some people will be disappointed with "Jubril" Biden. I no call names grin grin grin.

13 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by kingmsookwagh(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
Like you have a choice to go against them..

We all know you two are like bread and butter..

4 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
Death to all terrorist head bangers!!!

Long live Israel!!!

Long live Mazi Nnamdi Kanu!!!

37 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by 900warriorz: 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
ISRAEL NO BE EVEN NORTH KOREA MATE FOR WARFARE..MAKE LEBANON DEY CAREFUL BEFORE THEM CARRY WETIN NO BE THEIR OWN cheesy I HAVE SPOKEN grin

38 Likes

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by ivolt: 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
hmmn
Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by emmabest2000(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
Biduhari has spoken grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden by Sheuns(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2021
embarassed
War isn’t the best option. The casualties would not even be the instigators.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Russia Destroys $1.1billion US Patriot Missile System In Ukraine / Several People Arrested In The UK For Protesting Against The Monarchy / Israel IDF Drops Leaflets For Hamas With Instructions On How To SURRENDER (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.