Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment (19025 Views)

Verbal Abuse Of Employees / Photos Of A Corporate Keke Rider In Lagos / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by adexrocque(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2021
A colleague's reportee informed her that he won't be able to make it to the office today Friday, May 14, 2021, as he's feeling feverish.

Few minutes later, he posted 'NA MUMU DEY GO WORK TODAY' on Twitter.

What will you do if you're the supervisor?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by adexrocque(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2021
@ Lalasticlala
@ mynd44
Pleaase help move to FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Romanoff(f): 8:26pm On May 14, 2021
I worked in a place where if you don't show up for work, better bring medical report when you're resuming.

If you go 5 days without leave or medical report, just go find another work.

If you insist and report without a medical report after saying off work for a day, a percentage of your salary will be deducted at the end of the month with a description of what the debit is for.

Savage.

91 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Risingblue008(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Oga don employ person wey pass'am
grin grin grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by boolet: 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
Well, in most developed countries, there is a provision for paid sick days alongside paid leave, as well as some other benefits. 5 sicks days, 10 days, it depends on the provision. As an employer, you shouldn't care if the person is sick or not when using their sick days. After an employee exhaust their sick days, any other day they are taking off is unpaid. Thereafter, if you decide to abuse a provision, it will be at your own expense. Basically, organization goes beyond the name of a company, it is also an act of being organized.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Adedotguy: 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
wink
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by odiomachi(m): 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
People just need to be careful with what they post on social media

20 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Akpuobi1: 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
It's disrespectful to the organization and the supervisor.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Cutehector(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2021
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Mindlog: 10:41pm On May 14, 2021
When he losses the job, he would externalize the blame...starting with the devil.

23 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:41pm On May 14, 2021
LMAO!!! grin

Why's his boss viewing his WhatsApp status? cheesy

Bosses and colleagues are always restricted from viewing my updates. It's only the ones who have become friends I don't restrict. cheesy

******Modified******
The good people of NL have pointed out that it was a tweet. Ignore my oversight. kiss

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by blinking001(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
This is how they'll abuse the little privileges they are opportune to enjoy and later will be wailing upandan how our Daddy president is not doing enough to create more jobs for them when they aren't serious with the little jobs they have already. Lazy generation of youths.

8 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by The5DME(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
Sack the mtf na?
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by FalseProphet1(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
I see that guy getting sacked. This I have seen.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Stallion93(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
grin
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by SonyaSpence: 10:43pm On May 14, 2021
grin
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by slawormiir: 10:43pm On May 14, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by damosade(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2021
Marketing and sales don suffer for SFA hand.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by inoki247: 10:43pm On May 14, 2021
He go soon clear for him eyes...
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Shegzo(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2021
Romanoff:
I worked in a place where if you don't show up for work, better bring medical report when you're resuming.

If you go 5 days without leave or medical report, just go find another work.

If you insist and report without a medical report after saying off work for a day, a percentage of your salary will be deducted at the end of the month with a description of what the debit is for.

Savage.
5 days is too much self. In my company it's 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Abbeyme: 10:44pm On May 14, 2021
Refer to HR.
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Franzinni: 10:44pm On May 14, 2021
This is a message to the mod wey ban me for one week, I truly feel like saying God punish you but as a respectable member of society and as a law abiding nairalander I will not say it out, I will just say it in my mind becasue you deserve it. Haba what did I do to deserve this kind of thing. Take your time o.

I done even vex forget wetin I wan write for this topic self ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by tempex88(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2021
Lol
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:45pm On May 14, 2021
Very bad behavior. Could remember when I was working in a factory a long time ago, one of the workers applied for an off day on the excuse it's his dad's burial day, our boss grant him permission. Our boss was looking for an apartment then, so the agent called him on the said date the worker was off, our boss hurriedly rushed to meet the agent to check up the house as he needed an apartment urgently, to his greatest surprise. He met the said worker in the area playing game. Since that day, no more off day for us except for critical reasons with adequate evidence. That's how i missed my sister's wedding as he didn't grant my permission even With all evidences.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Enudapan: 10:46pm On May 14, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Be get one bae wey
I dey smack for Akwa-ibom that year
Bae snr me wella
But each time wey I dey come Akwa-ibom
Make I smash her
She they collect this type of leave for her work
Place
grin grin
So tey she come collect one week
One certain time
Her oga won come her house to check how bad the sickness is, with other fruits wey the man buy for her grin
Everything nearly cast shaa
But as in odogwu that takes mushin weed
I still overcome

1 Like

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by fatymore(f): 10:46pm On May 14, 2021
That's why we always make effort to block ya all employers on all social media except Linkedin angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by PrinceOfLagos: 10:47pm On May 14, 2021
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment by Cousin9999: 10:47pm On May 14, 2021
Some jobs are stressful, so you need to let your employees have a break. Sometimes they have family challenges (e.g., sick kid, financial issues, disaster, etc). That said, if this doesn't describe the situation, give them a warning when it gets out of hand. At the end of the day, a business can't function properly, and workers can't get paid, on people working when they feel like it.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Will ICAN Release May 2012 Diet Result? / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? / Why Do Banks Sponsor Employees For Prison Tour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.