Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin (1942 Views)

My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / Which Is The Best Lotion For Kids? / My Husband Asks For Cloth I Use To Clean Up After Sex – Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by MissSweet(f): 9:27pm On May 14, 2021
Hello, of recently after coming out of service camp, I noticed my skin looks dull and seems more darker. It was until people who new me before started giving me more notice on how my skin is darker than before.

I never really bothered about it but of recent I decided to start giving my skin more attention, I checked skin blogs for best skin care routine but I felt something isn't right so I look for recommendations, but the problem is there are many creams and body lotion out there.

My skin was caramel something light brown, can anyone recommend something to tone up abit and what to use to maintain that color.

NB: Not interested in any WOW Bleaching Cream effect.
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by mu2sa2: 9:49pm On May 14, 2021
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by mu2sa2: 9:49pm On May 14, 2021
I don't think you are serious!Keep your natural complexion, miss - after all, you're already sweet .
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by sisisioge: 10:13pm On May 14, 2021
Actually, black no dey tear o. The more melanie, the longer you stay young. But if you're interested in toning, go look for any reputable cream brand that's goat milk. That tones.

Or check IG for sponsor ads on toning creams.

Or go to Shineshine at Eko market beside central mosque, na home of everything cream. That is where you will see different shades of original colouring. Original products but you will pay o. Good luck.
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by Penpaddie: 10:39pm On May 14, 2021
@op, I'll advise you use Nivea q10, it's a natural lotion that will tone you a bit, then if you want to get lighter you can use pure carrot lotion, the kojic acid and carrot one, it comes with a white container and orange cap, as for soap you can use cottage fresh alata samina soap, make sure you avoid the sun when using this soap, cause it contains lemon, also note that the cottage fresh soap should be the one on a yellow container, there are other variants but they ain't active, all these cosmetics i recommended are natural, no unnecessary bleaching, if you need a lotion or black soap that is pure organic, then you can pm me, I'm into cosmetics
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by Richy4(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
sisisioge:
Actually, black no dey tear o. The more melanie, the longer you stay young. But if you're interested in toning, go look for any reputable cream brand that's goat milk. That tones.

Or check IG for sponsor ads on toning creams.

Or go to Shineshine at Eko market beside central mosque, na home of everything cream. That is where you will see different shades of original colouring. Original products but you will pay o. Good luck.

I wanted to advice her but I know she won't take my suggestion smiley

I would have asked her to use vaseline...
<<<cocoa butter vaseline will bring out her colour nicely...
<<<Vaseline Petroleum jelly will bring out her real age......
<<< Vaseline baby oil will hide her age and soften her skin...
I think I should look for a job in home product/ fragrance department store to hand out free advice with hope that I will not get fired within 8hrs cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by sisisioge: 8:12am On May 15, 2021
Richy4:

I wanted to advice her but I know she won't take my suggestion smiley

I would have asked her to use vaseline...
<<<cocoa butter vaseline will bring out her colour nicely...
<<<Vaseline Petroleum jelly will bring out her real age......
<<< Vaseline baby oil will hide her age and soften her skin...
I think I should look for a job in home product/ fragrance department store to hand out free advice with hope that I will not get fired within 8hrs cheesy

grin grin grin

You have a natural flair for fashion tongue
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by shitshappen(m): 10:25am On May 15, 2021
Just go back to your skin care routine before camp and watch your glow gradually come back from inside. In my opinion lightening and brightening is the same as bleaching.

1 Like

Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by Richy4(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2021
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

You have a natural flair for fashion tongue

smiley I kinda agree with people that uses the phrase " this world no balance..."....There are lots of white people littered all over the beaches sunning/ drying themselves just to have a darker skin tone... But a sister is looking for a cream to whiten herself a little...Some of them even spent a lot on spray tan...
Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by irijuola: 3:50am On May 16, 2021
I'm of the same skin tone as you. I served I Kaduna and within few months, I became darker and started to resemble Hausa woman. When I travelled to my state during break, some people who didn't know me were greeting me in Hausa. When I spoke Yoruba, they were very amazed. Sincerely, if you saw my picture then, you'll never believe I'm Yoruba. Few months after NYSC and I came back home, my skin readjusted itself and my glow came back.

Just eat well and rest well. Your body will work it out.
I'm not saying getting a good cream is bad. You can still get. I'll suggest Neutrogena body cream

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Body Care/lotion Can I Use To Lighten My Skin by MissSweet(f): 1:04pm On May 16, 2021
Thanks to everyone that contributed. Nasarawa sun na pepper dem gang. I will stick to your advices. Reduce stress, eat and sleep well, thought already have some recommended soap and lotion. I will keep you intouch about it

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / I Need Your Opinion. True Life Story. / Two Weeks Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.