Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

How Do I Become A Political Analyst? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Become A Political Analyst? (8415 Views)

2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / How Can I Become A Fellow -APICS CPIM / How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Akintundexxy: 9:06pm On May 16, 2021
I've always had this strong passion becoming a political analyst,both for Nigeria and world politics. It's what I love to do. I'm 23, an undergraduate and I also write;don't know if the aforementioned is necessary but someone might want to refer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by katlynf73: 5:44pm On May 19, 2021
Political analyst for Naija? My brother you go talk tire. Find something else jare. Who politics epp. I hate it when we keep talking and analysing Nigeria's problems and our politicians and masses are still doing the worst every day. Busy devising new ways to shock everybody while we keep wailing

Still looking for a reliable website design for your business? Get started today without advance payments. Click here

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by LegendHero(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2021
Me self wan become political analyst.

OP, if you don get answers to your question let me know so I can be like you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Goodybagyo1(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2021
That one concern you
but Damn Niggaar
I've not seen Slawormir since BTC go down

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Zxcvbnm98: 5:45pm On May 19, 2021
Go to the nearest beer parlor

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by crafteck(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2021
Hiss.. This made fp

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by nosadesmond(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2021
I would love to learn too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Markbrowny: 5:45pm On May 19, 2021
Good bro
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Vilgax: 5:46pm On May 19, 2021
simple.

go to any newspaper stand (idk if they still exist).

listen to those old men that are always arguing about politics.

filter out the clutter and retain the compelling arguments.

go home.

open a blog or a Medium account.

type out every logical (or if you want to get famous faster, controversial) argument you heard at the newspaper stand.

make the necessary edits and meticulously research the article.

publish online and grow your audience.

also, at the end of each article; don't forget to put your name and the title: Political Analyst

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Authoreety: 5:46pm On May 19, 2021
LET'S WAIT FOR THE ANALYSTS

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Blessade: 5:46pm On May 19, 2021
I would advice you follow your dreams completely.
If a small illiterate like Patrick Enyum (patlex) could hold small cash then nothing is impossible.

Let me put his picture here for everyone to see cool
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by calmnquiet(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2021
Akintundexxy:
I've always had this strong passion becoming a political analyst,both for Nigeria and world politics. It's what I love to do. I'm 23, an undergraduate and I also write;don't know if the aforementioned is necessary but someone might want to refer.

I love politics too, if you interested we could start a podcast together

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by mrkings84(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2021
Wrong course/ profession
But if you insist, it's easy....

Go to newspaper vendor stand near you grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by BruncleZuma: 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin (This is a placeholder)

1. Pick a political ideology and stick to it. (This would allow you see and interpret that of others and be taken serious by your peers)
2. Research politics especially geopolitics as most analysts I've heard from sound like beer parlour and newspaper stand commentators.
3. Don't pick anything politics from Nairaland or Twitter; get your news from non biased sources like the Guardian (UK), DW, Reuters and AP
4. Read about the political history of Nigeria (plus the military regimes)
5. Don't let nobody discourage you.
6. Research, read widely, research some more and ask questions objectively.
7. Never see anything through ethnic lens (nah how we end up where we dey so)

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Willdone5406: 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
Submit you CV to garba shehu, he knows where to fix you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Lamasta(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
My brother you are already one now just be commenting on the latest political matters everyday both the one that concern you and the ones that don't concern you and you good to go....But make sure you are using big big grammers like Patrick Obahiagbon

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
hmmm .. it's a good thing Sha...
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Karleb(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
Watch NTA, Channels and all those political TV stations. Stay updated with the names of politicians in the country and over the world.

Whenever you have the opportunity to discuss politics, do and do it intelligently based on facts.

Start a blog too.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by garfield1: 5:47pm On May 19, 2021
Go and consult senatordave,passingshot,ceaseless,kyase,skengman,ngeneukwenu etc
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by ecomalchemist(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2021
SLAWORMIRRR SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWER DAMNNN NIGGARRR

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by saajus: 5:48pm On May 19, 2021
Make sure you polish your speaking, pronunciation, and accent. Accent does not mean you should speak like an American or British. Just learn to speak clearly so that everyone will understand you. If your local language has infiltrated the way you pronounce some words, fix it by practicing. Always let someone (mentor) you trust give you an honest review of any presentations you make. Don't choose people that will be deceiving you. Also, choose a dress style that will be your signature. try the following steps;

- First of all, you must be familiar with the politics of the world and the politics of Nigeria. CNN, BBC, Aljazeera should be your favorite stations
- You must know history. Watch a lot of history documentaries, read a lot about the slavery era, you must be able to narrate WW1, WW2, Cold War, Vietnam war, Biafra war, all Nigerian Coup, all African countries war/coup, all African past Presidents, and several other historical events if they wake you up from sleep.
- Write on controversial topics that people are afraid of and publish them on social media.
- Social media could make you a star in a very short period. You can also have your program where you host politicians on Instagram. Once you are popular through social media and one of your topics goes viral, keep asking for a column in one of our dailies.
- Once you get a column from a popular daily, TV/radio stations will start inviting you.
- After conquering Nigeria, keep submitting stories to foreign Newspapers and TV stations. If you go to their websites, they always have a spot where you can send them stories.

Lest I forget, a statistical skill will help you. Teach yourself statistics so that you will be talking and writing with facts and figures. Also, read a lot of sociology, philosophy, and psychological books. Sociology, philosophy, and psychology will help you decode how human beings behave the way they behave. They will help you in your analysis.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by DropsMic(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2021
Hmm
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2021
Better find something else to do, dat won't put food on your table...if you are not in the good books of the government or rulling party, your talking will land you in trouble or in the dungeon of the DSS in naija!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by adexyng(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2021
There is nothing that is too late to start... if it is something you have passion for, I will advise you go for it regardless of your course of study. You can also make political science a second degree.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Ikea81: 5:49pm On May 19, 2021
Go any junction they sell newspaper and join the argument there. Thats all!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by datola: 5:49pm On May 19, 2021
Akintundexxy:

Start by analyzing politics to your fellow school/room mates.

What course are you studying?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by DropsMic(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2021
Akintundexxy:

What you need is a blog.. Message me on whatsapp.
Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by omonnakoda: 5:50pm On May 19, 2021
Just Join Nairaland ,go to the politics section and start talking.
QED.
You have become an analyst

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Political Analyst? by Pele10: 5:50pm On May 19, 2021
You start by selling newspappers by that you meet expert political analists.and also make it a hubby to be visiting various beer palours.you can aswell meet more experts there and grow yor argument skills..Hopfully when you become an expert political analist Buhari and EL Rufai will be no more. then you can analise to other how cluless and heartless the were..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling / Lagos BRT Drivers: We Can’t Drive On Empty Stomachs / Strategies For Dealing With Difficult Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.