Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash (46753 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / "The Car Is Worth 100m, The Cloth Is 15k A Yard", Young Northerner Brags / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by ogbiwa: 6:14am On May 17, 2021
A Tesla driver 'bragged' about the car's impressive autopilot feature weeks before dying in a horror crash.

The dad-of-two died at around 2.30am on May 5, after his white Tesla Model 3 struck an overturned semi on a freeway in Fontana, 50 miles outside of Los Angeles.

Cops are now investigating if the car's autopilot mode was a "contributing factor" in the accident.

Another man, who was aiding the driver of the semi out of the wreck was also seriously injured when he was hit by the Tesla.

On Thursday, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the car's autopilot "was engaged" before the smash, but later added saying "no final determination made."

Hendrickson previously posted on social media about his car, including boasting several times about driving the car with no hands.

A video on his Instagram account showed him sitting in the driver's seat without touching the wheel or pressing down on the pedals as the vehicle drove through freeway traffic.

“Best carpool buddy possible even takes the boring traffic for me,” he wrote alongside the clip.

"Coming home from LA after work, thank god, self-drive,” said a comment on another, adding, “Best car ever!”

The dad's Facebook also features a video while driving on the autopilot mode, saying: "Don't worry. I am on autopilot."

The Tesla Club-SoCal, which Hendrickson is believed to be a member of, is planning to organise a remembrance drive in his memory.

“Every time we spoke to him, he would light up talking about his kids and loved his Tesla,” the club posted on Instagram.

“He was truly an amazing human being and will be missed!”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to raise money for his funeral and memorial service.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/tesla-driver-bragged-cars-autopilot-24122292

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by spinna: 6:32am On May 17, 2021
Sleeping on steering because of auto drive

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by HEAVEN4444: 7:21am On May 17, 2021
HMM

1 Like

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Racoon(m): 7:21am On May 17, 2021
"..Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God..." and "...my people perish because of lack of knowledge..."

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by IMASTEX: 7:21am On May 17, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Most new inventions are usually dangerous to use during the test-run stages. Like it or not, self driving cars have come to stay and will help save many lives in future. Sadly this man has lost his life in the early stages of a technology that will save others' lives in future

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by PissfulProtester: 7:21am On May 17, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Most new inventions are usually dangerous to use during the test-run stages. Like it or not, self driving cars have come to stay and will help save many lives in future. Sadly this man has lost his life in the early stages of a technology that will save others' lives in future

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Stomoney(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Lost his life to save others. #legend

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by careytommy37(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Seniorwriter(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Wahala be like Autopilot !
Technology advancement is laudable but this user might have underrated the biggest rule for all tech equipments which is SAFETY FIRST!
In all you do as per enjoyable moments with tech advances try keep in mind that safety is paramount!

Money can buy all the good things of life but it can't buy or replace LIFE!!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!
@SeniorWriter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by KhingLufem1(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Ooh
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by chukiz(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Say no to AUTOPILOT.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by meobizy(f): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
I'll still feel safe with autopilot on than using the best human driver.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by InaNla(f): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by jaxxy(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021
Until autopilot feature can’t complete a Grand Prix unscathed or dodge bullets or objects thrown at it. It’s not even 70% efficient yet cos a human driver can do that.

7 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Koryc: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
Autopilot wahala
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Born2winnx: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
Dude on some fast and furious shit.

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by LegitDeals247: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
Dem use am for test run
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Kindness218: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
We African might never make such a mistake. That autopilot is just for fun

6 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by decharlic(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2021
Rest In Peace!!
At least, you enjoyed your money a little before meeting your creator.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by lexy2014: 7:23am On May 17, 2021
ogbiwa:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/tesla-driver-bragged-cars-autopilot-24122292

One of d sacrificial lambs that will bring about perfecting driverless technology in cars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Jh0wsef(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2021
Kai
Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2021
I don't even trust other human drivers talkless of a computer. When will these people learn

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2021
...When humans want to play God.

1 Like

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by inoki247: 7:24am On May 17, 2021
lol I no fit even trust my phone with Auto Coret na Auto Pillot I go come trust....

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by Ijaya123: 7:24am On May 17, 2021
Why would I put my trust in a vehicle autopilot when I’m not physically impaired in any way?

It is not going to happening.

6 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by lexy2014: 7:25am On May 17, 2021
chukiz:
Say no to AUTOPILOT.

It has already been set in motion. Either now or in d future, it will be perfected. Unfortunately, folks like this wonderful man had to die to get to that dream

7 Likes

Re: Tesla Driver Who Brags About The Car's Autopilot Feature, Dies In A Horror Crash by MrBONE2(m): 7:25am On May 17, 2021
Say No to self-driving car

Say Yes to Ox and Horse Carts grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / Bugatti La Voiture Noire Becomes The Most Expensive Car In The World / Problem: My Reverse Gear Gives A Scary Jerk With A Sound.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.