Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Obtaining Secured Bank Loan In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Obtaining Secured Bank Loan In Nigeria (2198 Views)

STRANGE: Woman Presents ‘holy Spirit’ As Collateral For Bank Loan / Speaker Bankole Spent N10 Billion Bank Loan On Gbemi Saraki And Ini Edo / Speaker Bankole Spent N10 Billion Bank Loan On Gbemi Saraki, Ini Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obtaining Secured Bank Loan In Nigeria by omoekoni(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
I have a house valued at 30million in Okota, Lagos. the house is fully constructed, however, it is not painted, it has no white goods and no internal finishing. it is sitting on 1 and a half plot. all necessary papers are available.

Can anyone tell me if i can use the house to secure a bank loan in Nigeria? cheers
Re: Obtaining Secured Bank Loan In Nigeria by Pukkah: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
omoekoni:

I have a house valued at 30million in Okota, Lagos. the house is fully constructed, however, it is not painted, it has no white goods and no internal finishing. it is sitting on 1 and a half plot. all necessary papers are available.

Can anyone tell me if i can use the house to secure a bank loan in Nigeria? cheers

Although the possession of collateral is a necessary condition to obtain a loan, it is not a sufficient condition. There are other questions that you need to answer because the lender wants to see a clear path to repayment and does not really (primarily) want to end up with your collateral.

For example, what is the purpose of the loan? This would determine the loan type you need. What is the source of repayment? How certain is the source of repayment? For how long would you need the loan and how much (interest) are you able to pay? What is your character - track record, past experiences, references, bank statements, etc.

The last thing is the collateral which is why I wrote up there that it is not the primary focus. However, given the description of the security you gave above, you need to answer other questions: is the house in tenantable condition (how soon can a rent-paying person move in?), what is the neighbourhood like? What is the title on the land? Are you willing to bear the costs of putting a legal mortgage on the property as well as other expenses like insurance, ground rent, etc? Is the N30m the open market value or forced sale value? Who carried out the valuation? What type of house is it? What is the average rent of the house type in the area? What is the percentage of your desired loan amount compared to the valuation amount?

In conclusion, the answer is yes, you can use your house as security to obtain a loan but you should be mindful of the foregoing questions.

I wish you well.

(1) (Reply)

Six Things I Dislike About Ibo Ladies / Obadiah777 Is The New Religion Section Mod !!! / Mamman Gaddafi Last Speech:lesson To The Remaining African Leaders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.