Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pls Beware Of This Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Beware Of This Scammer (517 Views)

Be Careful Of This Scammer (photos) / Please Help Me Fish Out This Scammer Benny Charles Eghegheose / Scammer Apologizes To Man After He Shared His Scary Story With Him. Graphic PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Beware Of This Scammer by timagentms: 6:46pm On May 20, 2021
Pls if you are using Ecobank, let beware of this Scammer claiming he is calling from Ecobank.

This afternoon I received a call from this guy he claims he was calling me from Ecobank that the bank sent message to me like 2 minutes ago asking me to send the OTP in the message to them.
Although there is a message icon on my phone but I did not bother to check, then I just curious to check the message and surprisingly the message subject displayed ECOBANK.

I asked the guy for what reasons that he was calling me, he claims that the CBN has compulsory for them to call all their customers that has not link their NIN to their account number.
The guy mentioned my name correctly and even call my account number for me, but being a smart guy, and ex staff of the bank, I only asked him the branch he was calling from, which he told me that he is calling from the Head office in Lagos, I then asked where is the Head Office located, he just mentioned one wrong place. I just told him that since he is calling from the Head Office and he is on the system, he should tell me where my account domicile, also the Branch where my account domicile are the one that suppose to call me not from the Head Office.

I used delay tactics to waste the time because I know as well that OTP time will elapse in 5 mins.

Pls let us be vigilant became is still surprise me how this guy got my number and account number correctly.

The guy is purely scammer and original 419 that is looking for a gulliable people to devour. This is the guy number, 091.37429.390 (pls remove the dot inclusive) let report him before some innocent people fall to his trap.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Beware Of This Scammer by DropsMic(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2021
Only shallow people fall for such scams
Re: Pls Beware Of This Scammer by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 20, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF. DAT AINT RITE
Re: Pls Beware Of This Scammer by DICKstractor: 11:39pm On May 20, 2021
undecided

Only gullible people fall for this kind of scam. Funny enough, we have a whole lot of gullible people in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Police Arrest, Detain Brekete Radio CEO, Ahmed Isah Over Assault / Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) / Facebook Scam: 3 Nigerians Jailed After Posing As American, Spanish Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.