Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) (519 Views)

Attack On Nigerian Army In Yemtake, Borno (Photos) / Boko Haram Commander Arrested A Week After Leading Attack In Borno. Photos / Ritualist Plucks Out Eyes Of 7-Year-Old Boy In Borno (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by insidenaijasblog: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2021
After seven months in Boko Haram captivity, a pastor with the Church of Christ in Nations, Rev Polycarp Zongo, has regained his freedom, Newspremise reports.

Zongo, who presides over a branch of the church in Jos, Plateau State, was kidnapped by the terrorists on October 19, 2020.

He was on a journey to a ministers’ conference in Gombe State when he was abducted by the insurgents.

About 12 days after the abduction, his church members and well-wishers gathered on the church premises at the Low Cost area of Jos in jubilation when the news of his release filtered in, but the information turned out to be untrue, a development which left the people and his family members traumatised.

Zongo’s abductors, according to the President of COCIN, Rev Dachollom Datiri, had demanded a “huge” ransom, which the church could not afford, and since then, the leadership of the church had been calling for his unconditional release until Monday, when the pastor eventually regained his freedom.

A peace advocate and President of the Gideon & Funmi Para-Mallam Peace Foundation, Rev Gideon Para-Mallam, confirmed Zongo’s release to our correspondent in Jos on Tuesday.

Para-Mallam, who said he had spoken to the pastor, added that he was freed in Maiduguri, Borno State, by his abductors alongside others victims.

Para-Mallam stated, “I just spoke with him. His release, this time, is true.

“He was released on Monday night by his abductors in Maiduguri and I was told that he would soon return to Jos any moment from now. We really thank God for sparing his life after several months in captivity.”

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Cross River State branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Benedict Ukpepi, has regained his freedom 84 days after he was abducted.

The state Vice Chairman of the union, Lawrence Achuta, announced Ukpepi’s freedom in a statement on Tuesday.

The statement read, “This is to inform you that the NLC Chairman of the Cross River State Council, Ben Ukpepi, was released by his captors yesterday (Monday) around 3.30pm.

“Recall that Ben Ukpepi was kidnapped from his CROSPIL Estate residence in Akpabuyo on March 21, 2021.

“We are very glad and thankful to God Almighty for his safe release by the kidnappers. I use this opportunity to thank the organised labour family in the state, particularly the Nigeria Labour Congress, and his union, the Medical and Health Workers Union, and some members of his family. He is undergoing some routine medical checks at the moment.

“Once again, I thank all who stood by us through this difficult moment.”

Sources: https://newspremises.com.ng/pastor-kidnapped-by-boko-haram-seven-months-ago-freed-in-borno/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by insidenaijasblog: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by SirBrightoc(m): 8:12am On Jun 16, 2021
Praise God
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by vertueptime: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2021
It seems someone is doing a good job negotiating for d captured, we want to knw who, certainly not from Nigerian government
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by Adeling(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2021
I heard this story over the radio.
Like 8 months! He's even looking more harmsome that his previous self. smiley
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by illicit(m): 8:20am On Jun 16, 2021
Now he is going to buy a jet
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by Mokason288(m): 8:41am On Jun 16, 2021
illicit:
Now he is going to buy a jet
You are a childish goooooooat

I pray God should take you and your fada to the den of those guys

So that you could also buy jet when you walk out alive
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by elonmuskbaby: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2021
Professor Ishaq Mumuric will pretend he's blind and deaf to this grin
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 8:47am On Jun 16, 2021
Happy for his freedom. But, how come he's looking like that? If he looks bushy due to the months of kidnap, then who was trimming his facial hair during captivity? How come he's got just a goatee and no side beards? Same way I see some mad men on the streets with low-cut, and I always wonder where or when they get their haircuts.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by illicit(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2021
Mokason288:

You are a childish goooooooat

I pray God should take you and your fada to the den of those guys

So that you could also buy jet when you walk out alive

After you my friend
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by Bolaji26(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2021
Well fed.. Seems pple kidnapped by boko bois dey enjoy o
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by Nkitara: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2021
illicit:

After you my friend
idiot
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by illicit(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2021
Nkitara:
idiot

Nkita

Lol
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by kellidoo(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2021
Thank God
Re: Pastor Kidnapped By Boko Haram Seven Months Ago Freed In Borno(photos) by udede(m): 12:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Thank you Jesus

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Police Kill Two, Injure Many Others During Illegal Raid In Oyo / Facebook Scam: 3 Nigerians Jailed After Posing As American, Spanish Soldiers / FULANI And Dogon Tribes Clash In Mali - Lesson For Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.