Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe (22912 Views)

Insecurity: Pastor Adefarasin Advises Church Members To Plan Their Escape Route / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Wife Share Selfie At 'EMERGE' Hosted By Pastor Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by richmanrichard: 6:15am On May 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He is no hypocrite? This after many years of bilking his blind followers out of their hard earned money, enrichening himself through the many lies he has told them in the name of God? undecided

Plan b or no plan b, the man is as conman,like to other con-men out there, so be very careful that you are not bilked by yet another one of their cons. undecided
baba I no dey go him church but there is nothing wrong with his message.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On May 21, 2021
richmanrichard:
baba I no dey go him church but there is nothing wrong with his message.
na only on message you read take conclude say the man no be hypocrite and fake pastor like the rest of dem other pastors? shocked
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Sakamaje: 6:24am On May 21, 2021
@Mynd44. My own plan A, B, and C are Nigeria based. Some of us are too old to start thinking of travelling out to go and 'hustle' at this stage of our lives. Besides, how many Nigerians can neighbouring countries accept and accomodate in case 0f crisis? We die here. All die na die. cool

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by africandollar: 6:26am On May 21, 2021
Oh please shut it thou child of hate! The man of God spoke his truth and you are hear saying he should not? It would be foolhardy not to have a plan B even with your faith because truth be told most men of God who can afford it already have a plan B but you would rather they preach to their congregation to stay on while they are already preparing to 'japa'?! Also he didn't say everyone's plan B should be to migrate away from Nigeria, he also gave the option of fortifying a bunker but you wouldn't have heard that since your mind thinks only in monochrome.

I dunno where you got your info from but Pastor Adefarasin is one of the few truthful men of God left in Nigeria and I can categorically tell you that dude doesn't yet have a house of his own (though he just started building his recently) but lives in a rented abode and here you are saying he is a billionaire?!

Please don't place a curse on yourself this morning and get your facts straights before you come here posting rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Elliot2(m): 6:32am On May 21, 2021
ironheart:
Until we believe we can build a better nation. We will all run away from our opportunities. While we sre running away from the country. Lebanese are seeing opportunities, they are taking over our construction, and mega stores businesses. Incase you are still sleeping take a stroll around our major cities and see for yourself. I have no plan be and i will make it here
But their are no systematic attacks aimed at the Lebaneses? However, there are planned attacks at against recognized regions and people.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by LastProphet: 6:33am On May 21, 2021
martyns303:
The writer is contradicting himself. First he said the pastor is being an hypocrite for advising people to have a plan B while preaching faith.

At the same time, the writer said the idea of people “checking out” is not new, and mentioned a 80s advert, if the idea of leaving is not new, why criticize the pastor for saying something everyone else already knows?

The writer said, the pastor is having a privileged mentality, at the same time, he said even unprivileged people are either leaving or plan on leaving if u should check Twitter.

At the end of the day, let everybody do what works for them.

The OP is just a stewpid person

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by HRMK: 6:33am On May 21, 2021
ANYBODY THAT IS WORTH $50M IS A NIGERIAN NAIRA BILLIONAIRE!IF THE PASTOR CALLS HIMSELF A BILLIONAIRE,HE IS RIGHT!WE ALL KNOW,THOUGH,THAT WE ONLY AV 3 INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED BILLIONAIRES IN THE COUNTRY:2HAUSAS AND 1YORUBA MAN!!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On May 21, 2021
africandollar:
Oh please shut it thou child of hate! The man of God spoke his truth and you are hear saying he should not? It would be foolhardy not to have a plan B even with your faith because truth be told most men of God who can afford it already have a plan B but you would rather they preach to their congregation to stay on while they are already preparing to 'japa'?! Also he didn't say everyone's plan B should be to migrate away from Nigeria, he also gave the option of fortifying a bunker but you wouldn't have heard that since your mind thinks only in monochrome.

I dunno where you got your info from but Pastor Adefarasin is one of the few truthful men of God left in Nigeria and I can categorically tell you that dude doesn't yet have a house of his own (though he just started building his recently) but lives in a rented abode and here you are saying he is a billionaire?!

Please don't place a curse on yourself this morning and get your facts straights before you come here posting rubbish!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/06/22/hey-im-a-billionaire-nigerian-pastor-cries-out/amp/

Pastor Adefarasin is the founder and lead pastor of the House on the Rock Church, a thriving Pentecostal outfit that emphasizes financial prosperity almost as if it were a requisite for salvation. He is one of Nigeria’s most elegant men, famed for his bespoke Italian-cut suits, flashy automobiles, shiny head and his deep baritone enmeshed in a delightful American accent.

Pastor Adefarasin is “rich”, and he set out to prove his point to his church members at the 5-Star Eko Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos where he held this Sunday’s service.

“I am a billionaire and there is nothing anybody can do about it,” he boasted. “I have coached many billionaires and you know, the pastor of billionaires is a billionaire.”

The preacher of a billionaire can only be a billionaire because a monkey cannot give birth to a goat and a goat cannot follow a baboon.”

“I am a preacher. I am a motivational speaker. I am a TV personality. I am a life coach. You can criticize me or slander me in the pages of newspapers but the blessings are in me and there is nothing anyone can do about it,” he bragged. As a ‘billionaire’, he went ahead to give tips to his vast congregation who apparently are all dreaming of becoming billionaires.

“To become a billionaire, Christians must simply imagine it, ask and realize that money, blessing and favour are already in them. All they need is to ‘work out’ what ‘God has already worked in.’ ”

“Some of you do not see that you are already billionaires but there is a difference between to create and to unveil. God will simply unveil your billions to you as he did to me,” he said to his multi-thousand congregation.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Blackdisciple(m): 6:46am On May 21, 2021
No be monkey go commot go Libya or Algeria all those afa counties that sees a non citizens as shit.

Baba has said it already, not just plan B, we need plan A, B ,C , D , E ,F ,Z, as she is talking maybe she has a boat behind her house, or even has an underground safe.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by somehow: 6:47am On May 21, 2021
Nigeria is suffering from not having true citizens.

Nigeria has occupants, not citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Helsinki1: 6:54am On May 21, 2021
martyns303:
The writer is contradicting himself. First he said the pastor is being an hypocrite for advising people to have a plan B while preaching faith.

At the same time, the writer said the idea of people “checking out” is not new, and mentioned a 80s advert, if the idea of leaving is not new, why criticize the pastor for saying something everyone else already knows?

The writer said, the pastor is having a privileged mentality, at the same time, he said even unprivileged people are either leaving or plan on leaving if u should check Twitter.

Your comprenhesion ability is poor and you aren't that bright to be honest.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by bukatyne(f): 6:57am On May 21, 2021
texazzpete:
Ironically, the writer lives in the United States.

In other words, someone who has executed her plan B and who is at zero risk from Boko haram, ISWAP, kidnappers, SARS etc is telling you not to japa.

Why the long and unnecessary focus on the trans-sahara journey that illegal immigrants take? When she went to the US, did she go through the desert to Italy first?

In this country, just use your sense. Don’t let these people deceive you.

@bold:

If the author was in Nigeria, I would have been pleasantly surprised.

Maybe she went through the desert that's why that is the only route to the US.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by pellummy(m): 6:59am On May 21, 2021
wonderr:
Show me how many people he has helped financially before I could say anything ftc glory 2 God am dedicating this to all pastors out there that believes in we rise by lifting others

So you expect hypocrisy from pastor by acting like the davido's and like..... Imagine from where comes your thinking
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Nightalan: 7:02am On May 21, 2021
martyns303:

Huh?? What the Lol. Your comprehension skills is quite terrible, you must get distracted a lot.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Ukezeal: 7:09am On May 21, 2021
Wahala dey oo
Maxymilliano:
The author of the article is Belgium based, which happened to be her Plan B when the opportunity was availed to her in the past.

So what's she talking about
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by WEALTHYMII: 7:10am On May 21, 2021
Arewa agenda apartheid policies in Nigeria have no solution except divine intervention.
As long as the greedy & wicked ruling class continues to plunder & destroy the country, only GOD can save us.
So run away, if you can!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Mynd44: 7:15am On May 21, 2021
Sakamaje:
@Mynd44. My own plan A, B, and C are Nigeria based. Some of us are too old to start thinking of travelling out to go and 'hustle' at this stage of our lives. Besides, how many Nigerians can neighbouring countries accept and accomodate in case 0f crisis? We die here. All die na die. cool

I swear.

This country either gets better or nothing.

No plan B anywhere

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Karemarealty288(m): 7:15am On May 21, 2021
Their spiritual Daddy is making plan B for his Biological Children... grin

All Nigerian Pastors are OBT...hook line and sinker.

Plan A has always been Tithes and Offerings.
Plan B Rolling down the streets of Longbeach smoking nimbo and sipping on Gin' n ' Juice..

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by ayandee: 7:20am On May 21, 2021
Adefarasin has said his own. And it's good advice. I wish i had a Pastor tell me this 3 or 4 years ago. It would have made a lot of difference. Having a second passport is vital.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Asher79: 7:22am On May 21, 2021
martyns303:

Kai....! Obviously, some people must have failed comprehension exercises in school. They can't even grasp the simple use of contrast in a write-up, yet they're quick to give a baseless criticism on something they barely comprehend.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by lexy2014: 7:24am On May 21, 2021
post=101903943:
For all of us @[/b],
Below is the
[b]PLAN A,
PLAN B and
PLAN C.

No other way without him.......

Good morning y'all,
May your days be fulfilled and may God grant your heart desires in life.
Go and succeed.
kiss kiss kiss

Isn't this interesting. This man is preaching Jesus to d world but turns a blind eye to d evil, hypocrisy and negligence of his "darling daddy'"

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Lazenby007(m): 7:25am On May 21, 2021
Confusion everywhere !
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Kobojunkie: 7:27am On May 21, 2021
Karemarealty288:
Their spiritual Daddy is making plan B for his Biological Children... grin

All Nigerian Pastors are OBT...hook line and sinker.

Plan A has always been Tithes and Offerings.
Plan B Rolling down the streets of Longbeach smoking nimbo and sipping on Gin' n ' Juice.
Na so we see am o! Conmen, all of them! undecided
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:31am On May 21, 2021
Don't mind him. God bless you OP. His name in Yoruba literally means The Crown is a Symbol of Service or Royalty is Service or Whoever wears the crown sacrifices himself/ herself in Service but his name has not blessed him in this case. His sacrifice in service this time around is the Plan B he used privileges to gathered here in Nigeria . He owns a Church , owning a Church is what Pentecostalism permits yet strange to true Christian doctrine.

The OP just confirmed for me that he has his other passports. He didn't say this during GEJ's tenure when he made so much money to build the dome yet many civil servants were dying of hunger due to unpaid salaries and bomb blast was a regular thing even in Abuja .

They were part of the generation of PFN with jet that ferried millions of dollars to South Africa and the money got impounded. I am still trying to recall if it was not his dome or another structure that was being opened the day Mrs Patience Jonathan was in town and it was alleged the airspace was not cleared soon enough for the ill fated airplane that eventually crashed in Iju that sad day killing every passenger on flight . Those days, Mrs Jonathan will lock down Lagos just on a visit for a ceremony which includes visit to leaders like this man. He didn't criticise Mrs Patience Jonathan then o. They all had their moment to stand out like Pastor Tunde Bakers then but they didn't . Now he is suggesting that people abandon their nation in the face of politically motivated terrorism and insecurity. God will fight for Nigeria and all the enemies of Nigeria including every unpatriotic political Pastor-preneur will be defeated

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by AngelicBeing: 7:35am On May 21, 2021
lexy2014:

Isn't this interesting. This man is preaching Jesus to d world but turns a blind eye to d evil, hypocrisy and negligence of his "darling daddy's"
Gbam cheesy
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Aarenaija: 7:37am On May 21, 2021
dederocs:
The work of a man of pulpit is to sell hope, not fear.

That they; the pastors have done successfully in Nigeria. That is why the country has not been burnt down because the church has worked on the minds of the people to be hopeful and put things in the hands of God instead of fighting for their rights.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by 080bjaked(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2021
Just before you start taking Chika Ungwe seriously, read a excerpt about her from wiki below

Chika Nina Unigwe (born 12 June 1974) is a Nigerian-born Igbo author[1] who writes in English and Dutch. In April 2014 she was selected for the Hay Festival's Africa39 list of 39 Sub-Saharan African writers aged under 40 with potential and talent to define future trends in African literature.[2][3] Previously based in Belgium, she now lives in the United States.

Werey just dey disguise, let her come back and live here first before she's worthy of starting a discussion on this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Philomath1212: 7:45am On May 21, 2021
Rubbish post...
Instead of being diligent to get the facts and truth about the entire message of the man, everyone wants to appear knowledgeable on giving analysis on half-message...
One of the big problems of the country, only one out hundred of countrymen is objective on issues arising...
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Yeahmehn: 7:49am On May 21, 2021
What is this fool talking about? People just come up with nonsense in an attempt to sound smart but are just foolish
Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by Psoul(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2021
dederocs:
The work of a man of pulpit is to sell hope, not fear.

So when there is real danger he should not shout out about it.

I don't know why we are like dis in this country.
The same people talking of faith,hope and steadfastness in prayer are the same people that are telling us that religion is our problem.
They are the same people that will be bashing men of God when they chose to gather people for prayer session when there is problem in the land. They will bash them and tell them to take action and not to pray.
They are the same people that will tell the men of God and their followers that Prayer point is not counted in election vote.

Now, this man has taken the practical way of solving his problem and also advised his followers to start thinking toward that line and u guys are still complaining.
If he had come out to tell us to pray hard and have faith that this country will be good and that everyone should stay put in this country and have hope of the better days, you guys would've dragged him all over the internet.

There is real fear and danger in the land. He has warned us. If u can afford to leave, do so. If u can't, start planning for alternative (Plan B). There is nothing like spreading fear or showing lack of faith and not believing what he preached.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe by TheGift: 7:59am On May 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere: Daddy Freeze Speaks Truth, I Watch His Videos / Pastor Isaac Onwordi Dupes Elderly Couple Of Their Home In Namibia (Photos) / Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.