Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai (2247 Views)

My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps / 10 Nights in Dubai / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 7:56am On May 21, 2021
Dear NLders,

I have been an ardent reader on this forum and I am very pleased with the quality of advice offered on this forum.

Please before I narrate my story let me clear up somethings:

First, I have to apologies for any grammatical errors, I am doing this while on transit and in a very stressed state, please pardon my mistakes.

Secondly, for those that would like to insult me and my brother before giving me advice, "no wahala' as long as you give me valuable suggestions I don't mind.

My younger brother travelled to Dubai about 2 years ago and during his stay his permit expired.

All effort to persuade him to come back home failed. Please before you judge I could understand. I am not making an excuse for him but if you are in his shoe maybe you would understand. Given our situation back home and the resource we pooled into sending him to Dubai may have acted as a catalyst for him not to want to come back just like that. He is very young and still in his early twenties so I can understand his fears and probably state of mind.

Since his paper expired he has been on the 'street". About three weeks ago we discussed about his coming home and start up a business which he bought into and we were making preparation on how to pay for his overstay and buy him a ticket when suddenly we couldn't reach him.

After about a week we managed to get in contact with a guy from my village and he told us my brother and his housemates were arrested when their apartment was raided by the authority.

The problem is that we have tried everything to persuade the contact to find a way for us to speak with him, at least to know why they are holding him. The contact told us to wait and that in Dubai you don't just go to the police to ask about someone ( I dont know how true this is) and that sooner or later the authorities will give him access to phone us.

My main worry is that I dont know what to tell my aged mother (our dad is late and my mom lives in the village all by herself), who has been asking me about my brother for the past weeks ( usually my brother calls my mom often). I don't have answers for her and I can see the sorrow in her eyes.

Please my people, I dont know what to do, it breaks my heart each time I speak with my mom and if anything happens to her I am finished. We are all she has.

I dont know how to go about locating where my brother is been held and what is being held for.

Please I will need your advice on how to locate him and to find out where and what he is being held for.

What I know is that we last heard from him about 3 weeks ago and he stay in Ajman.

@Cc lastical, Seun, ishilove please help me move this to front page, I beg you in the name of God, you people are the only people I can run to now. As for family nobody send us ooh. We are just trying to survive since the demise of our dad.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by AmgrayLogistics: 8:00am On May 21, 2021
Report to the embassy of course.
Dubai is not like USA that you do away when your visa expires.
Kindly report to the embassy they will help in search of him.

Don't panic your brother will be released on the due time.

Amgray Logistics
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by majamajic(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2021
Before and after Ramadan fasting uae do big raiding

Since he is living in Ajman , all u have to do is to go Ajman police station or Ajman prison , or wait till they give them access to phone , after charging them to court , they will give them access to phone so they can source for flight ticket money from family and friends
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by majamajic(m): 8:08am On May 21, 2021
AmgrayLogistics:

Amgray Logistics

Report to embassy in Abu Dhabi about case in Ajman ? U don't really know anything about Nigeria embassy in Abu Dhabi
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by DropsMic(m): 8:12am On May 21, 2021
Get in touch with brekete family
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 8:13am On May 21, 2021
AmgrayLogistics:

Amgray Logistics

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I have read not so good thing about Nigeria embassy outside the country. Nevertheless, I will try and send them email. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 8:14am On May 21, 2021
DropsMic:
Get in touch with brekete family

Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by NwaAmaikpe: 8:26am On May 21, 2021
shocked

Amongst the countries of the world, the UAE ranks very high in incidence documentation regarding residents and visitors.

Now this is the flow. If you commit a crime in the UAE, you will either be called up by the police on telephone inviting you for questioning or have an arrest warrant issued on you depending on the severity of the crime so as to extract blood, urine and/or breath samples.

The beauty therein, is that an arrest is not the end of the world as you could be released just after being interogated or taken into custody and if the crime is not a bailable one, the police has only 48hours after interrogation to refer the case to the Public Prosecution Department after which they are charged to Court.

I have detailed this flow to convince you that it is not a hush-hush process as you've been made to believe by your contact there.

I smell an attempt at extortion on you due to your desperation and naivety.
Just one enquiry to the Police Department where he is based will unravel the true story.

Better still, a good Alfa in Ilorin or Kaba can also give you a faster, real-time instory but if this is against your faith, you can report it to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs here.

Thank me later.
Lalasticlala this snake is worth chasing.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 8:38am On May 21, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Amongst the countries of the world, the UAE ranks very high in incidence documentation regarding residents and visitors.

please where can I look up such info with respect to locating my bro?
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by fredwill1357(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2021
stressed4real:

please where can I look up such info with respect to locating my bro?
Where are you from and where do you stay? Drop your number, I have a relative in Dubai who might help
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by ednut1(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2021
Nigerians will never learn, inform your mother. If overstay was his only crime he would have been given access to phone to call you guys for fine and flight money. I have zero sympathy for people who go to another man's land to break their laws.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 11:32am On May 21, 2021
ednut1:
Nigerians will never learn, inform your mother. If overstay was his only crime he would have been given access to phone to call you guys for fine and flight money. I have zero sympathy for people who go to another man's land to break their laws.

Thank you for your input.
I am not asking for sympathy bro we haven't said the law shouldn't take its course ( if found guilty).

But at least we want to know where he is and what he is been detained for.

As for my mother, I can't just tell her I didn't hear from him and the only information I have is that he is been held. I have to go to her with something concrete. Going to her with the so many unanswered questions does neither her nor me any good.

I repeat I am just asking for your understanding that we need to find a way to reach him.

Thanks again for your input, I do appreciate.

6 Likes

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by fatymore(f): 4:02pm On May 21, 2021
Reading this I became teary. If you can assist him please do

1 Like

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2021
Lalasticlala ishilove mynd please move to front page so this young man can get enough tangible advises

1 Like

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by tonididdy(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2021
Nobody goes missing in the UAE esp one that was apprehended by security operatives.

... Since he doesn't have a valid visa anymore, WHEN NEXT YOU WILL HERE FROM HIM, HE'D BE IN NIGERIA".

KEEP CALM... HE'S COMING HOME,maybe all expense paid

3 Likes

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by tonididdy(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2021
fatymore:
Reading this I became teary. If you can assist him please do
This is a popular scenario on the streets.
Like minds attract.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by fatymore(f): 6:03pm On May 21, 2021
tonididdy:

This is a popular scenario on the streets.
Like minds attract.

I no understanding this your like minds attract mantra undecided
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by tonididdy(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2021
fatymore:

I no understanding this your like minds attract mantra undecided
Like minds attract...
... Visa offenders always live together.
The police know where to go looking to catch a school of them.
Meaning you don't have to be teary, he would def have been caught because he has to live with "like minds".
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by fatymore(f): 7:11am On May 22, 2021
tonididdy:

Like minds attract...
... Visa offenders always live together.
The police know where to go looking to catch a school of them.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by aminusodiq(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Now this is the flow. If you commit a crime in the UAE, you will either be called up by the police on telephone inviting you for questioning or have an arrest warrant issued on you depending on the severity of the crime so as to extract blood, urine and/or breath samples.

The beauty therein, is that an arrest is not the end of the world as you could be released just after being interogated or taken into custody and if the crime is not a bailable one, the police has only 48hours after interrogation to refer the case to the Public Prosecution Department after which they are charged to Court.

I have detailed this flow to convince you that it is not a hush-hush process as you've been made to believe by your contact there.

I smell an attempt at extortion on you due to your desperation and naivety.
Just one enquiry to the Police Department where he is based will unravel the true story.

Better still, a good Alfa in Ilorin or Kaba can also give you a faster, real-time instory but if this is against your faith, you can report it to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs here.

Thank me later.
Lalasticlala this snake is worth chasing.
so you make reasonable comment like this!!! Wow... All I see you post recently are memes and gifs

2 Likes

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by TemmyDayo50(m): 12:54am On May 23, 2021
How far Op? Have you guys heard from him now...??
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by stressed4real: 3:27pm On May 28, 2021
TemmyDayo50:
How far Op? Have you guys heard from him now...??

Hello people,

thank you all for your concern.

He called my mum. We have established that he is alive and being held by the police. I was not at home when he called but I will try and get in contact with him and I will update you guys.

Thank you once more everyone for your suggestions.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by omotolanibaby(f): 5:46pm On May 28, 2021
stressed4real:

Hello people,

thank you all for your concern.

He called my mum. We have established that he is alive and being held by the police. I was not at home when he called but I will try and get in contact with him and I will update you guys.

Thank you once more everyone for your suggestions.
thank God
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by adslipps: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ajman of all places? I'm sure your brother travelled on a tourist visa.
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by Limassol(m): 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
adslipps:
Ajman of all places? I'm sure your brother travelled on a tourist visa.
What is wrong with Ajman bro?
Re: Looking For My Younger Brother In Dubai by adslipps: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Limassol:
What is wrong with Ajman bro?

Ajman is a free zone, mostly where ppl without visas take refuge.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get To Ikotun From Ikeja / Affordable And Reliable City University Malaysia Fast Admssion Process / 10 Secret Countries You Probably Haven’t Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.