Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) (8107 Views)

Anita Joseph Kneels For Her Husband To Prove That She Doesn't Control Him (Pix) / "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com / Meet The World’s Youngest Living Queen, Who Was Crowned At Age 21 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by WriterNig: 11:07pm On May 21, 2021
1. München, You Know, The One In Deutschland:

Who thought that the signs in Germany are in German? Well, clearly not this silly girl. We always try to look on the positive side of things, so, hey, at least she knew Munich is not in Austria!

Whoever replied to her “not so wise” question really showed no mercy and rubbed it in. And we must say, it was done quite witty too. And what was the cherry on top? The little jab that the Canadians got it better!

2. Glob... USA Warming:

How foolish of Rod Stewart is it? Carrying about global warming when he is a Brit! Didn’t he hear? The GLOBAL warming has an effect only on US citizens and only on the 4th of July when freedom Eagles are flying in the sky chanting “USA”.

We think Rod Stewart should be afraid of another man-made disaster. Human ignorance and lack of education. But on a less serious note, shouldn’t his Colonel Sanders suit qualify him for US citizenship?

3. Lucky Number Seven:

Two percent for Canada, really? Who are those people that hate Canada? Don’t they have the nicest people stereotype? Well, anyway, the patriotic American fellow in the comments clearly doesn't care about the ratings shown on the map.

And if an American does not care, obviously, the whole world should not care too. Oh wow, look, China got that lucky number seven as well. Wonder what the patriotic American fellow has to say about that...

4. Wait Till You Hear Scouse:

Why do Spanish people speak Spanish, a Mexican language, rather than speaking some European language? This really is a whole new level of absurd this “Average Joe” is demonstrating here.

We wonder if those five people following this Quora question are doing it for the giggles the answers will show or they have the same question. Maybe if this guy hears a Scouse accent he’ll be convinced the Brits do speak some other accent.

5. Not Even In The Top 10:

We applaud this guy! He even made sure to point out to this silly laddy that the US is not even in the top ten when it comes to this touchy subject.

One would think you google such things before foolishly commenting on this subject. Not this lady... Should we tell her that also segregation ended just some 57 years ago?

6. That German Look:

This not so clever fellow must be happy he got a chance to brag about his trip to Germany. Oh, his two trips…Or maybe he just wanted to brag that he has that “German look”.

What is a supper German look anyway? Lederhosen, a feather hat, and a beer mug? The last time we checked any type of German look theory didn’t bring any good. And neither did bragging so we hope that reply served him well.

7. Why Not?:

Sometimes we all ask questions that make us go “that was stupid of me. But doing that two times in a row?! That’s exactly what this guy did here. He even went as far as asking “Why not?”

Ok, maybe he had that kind of a day, you know when you are just slow. But then he replies to the sarcastic answer of another user, further showing his lack of general knowledge. In Soviet Russia, he would be on the train to the gulags already.

8. Italy In Texas?:

The poor guy genuinely sounds so confused that he almost had us convinced there is no Rome in Italy. But then we saw that he watches Fox News and figure out where the confusion came from.

Can you imagine the confusion on his face, when someone tells him, there is a country out there that is called Georgia? And that there is a town in Texas called Italy. Poor guy will have uncertainty about what is happening around him 24/7.

9. American Measurements:

Here is another classic example of an ignorant guy with a big attitude. Just like another guy from a few posts above he thinks the internet is American. And what a way of calling the Imperial system of measurement. “American (the best) measurements”.

And of course, being a true American he had to point out that it’s the best system. He probably has no clue it’s called “The imperial system of units” and the Brits came up with it.

10. American Made:

No huffing and puffing just a simple reply, “That’s Germany”. We absolutely love it. Just to be exact, January 29, 1886, is when Carl Benz applied for a patent for his “vehicle powered by a gas engine.

The irony is that Toyota, a Japanese company, manufactures tops the list of the biggest car manufacturers in the United States. But that doesn’t matter, this guy probably also thinks the internet is American Made.

11. Europe Is Not A Country:

We don’t know where to start here…. Well, Europe is not a country. You can definitely buy guns in many of the European states, it’s just properly regulated and you don’t really need one.

If by freedom he means Democracy and Liberty, the term democracy first appeared in ancient Greece. But it looks like guns, luxury cars, and mansions are freedom to him. Well, cars came from Germany, mansions from France. Oh, and guns came from China, just like the rest of the things in his house.

12. Oh This Europe Again:

The sad part here is that this is true. And what is even sadder is that he thinks he is right. One can argue he actually is right in his own weird logic.

After all, how can you be comparing some “cities” from Europe to the US? Where you can get a badge and a gun after some 4 months of training. Maybe he needs a degree before he goes around debating people. Oh, but isn’t there that other problem with getting a college degree in the US….

13. All About That Uniqueness:

Megan Rapinoe is all about that uniqueness. After all, there are not a lot of American professional football (soccer for the Americans) players. But in this case, she is not as unique if you read all the ridiculous things Americans had to say in the above posts.

In all fairness to her, she was probably only trying to sound woke. After all, it is the latest cool thing to do and be. She just did it a bit wrong.

14. American Toilet:

We never thought there is even such thing as an “American Toilet”. Isn't it just a toilet....but apparently, this guy tends to think otherwise. But not only that he thinks about toilets differently also brags about them.

Safe to say he did not believe the other guy telling him that there is a whole world out there that is pretty developed as well! With quite good sanitation systems in place as well.

15. Americans Call It Soccer:

This is a classic one. Americans call it soccer the rest of the world calls it football. The funny part is that the term soccer was actually coined by the Brits. We are not so sure why this guy here decided to show a map to the clueless American fellow.

After all, you need to know what you are looking at to understand it. Clearly, he did not get it and went on to declare that the rest of the world is “clueless”

16. Fake Accent:

Let’s say he is right in his very intelligent comment… This still does not change the fact that American English is still much simpler than the one spoken in the UK.

He also kind of sounds as if he was personally present on the battlefield during the revolution. Have to give credit to the Brits, they have been keeping up with this whole fake accent act so successfully since 1776.

17. Random City:

Hmm, just a random capital city of some insignificant country in Europe...Well here is your example number 17 why Americans are clueless. Hate to break it to him, but actually, Vermont is not even in the top 5 smallest states.

But that doesn't matter, he did not ask about it. He also way more than anyone else about his country. But that’s the only thing he really knows and not even that well.

18. Cubit Measurement System:

Of course, Russia and China use the "cubit measurement" system. You know that system that originated in ancient Egypt. How do you think the Russians did their calculations to beat the US in the space race?

Maybe he counted the entire world population using some other measurement system the rest of the world combined doesn't know about. Or maybe he just Googled the answer to that via the American Internet too...

19. Mediterranean:

At least he knew the word the Mediterranean! He also managed to spell it right! And after all, he was only trying to get some information to avoid insulating anyone who is from Italy. Very woke of him.

The next step is finding out what’s a sea and where is that sea is. And when he finds that out let's just hope he is not going to confuse it with the American Mediterranean Sea.

20. The Department Of Defence:

At last, an American who is self-aware. There is no shame in having problems in your country, but there is in being ignorant and thinking a gunship AKA the Angel of Death will solve them.

You might think this is some type of a joke right? No! That is actually the official Twitter account of the Department of Defence bragging around. Not too defensive of them when it comes to battling the “comment section”.

21. American Side Of The Road:

She sounds so convincing, we almost started wondering the same things. But why bother asking such a question if you say “1 out of every 20 or so will have one”, so of course they have refrigerators!

Maybe she was just trying to get to know some Brits? Now, imagine her confusion when she arrives in the UK and finds out that they do refrigerators. But don’t drive on the American side of the road!

TV BEE

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by WriterNig: 11:07pm On May 21, 2021
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by budaatum: 11:13pm On May 21, 2021
A good laugh grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by LikeAking: 11:14pm On May 21, 2021
MADHT!
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Dalil8: 11:14pm On May 21, 2021
Hehe cheesy

Americans need to travel more or read a book or something.

There's a beautiful and diverse world outside America

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Nbotee(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2021
Make I no even talk wetin we go expect if U asked an average Nigerian gal any of those questions. Americans only study and care about demselves

7 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by madridguy(m): 11:29pm On May 21, 2021
Na so one dey ask me if we have upstairs in Nigeria in 2009 grin he used to be my online friend then. Even asked me if we have camera phones and it was Nokia N-series era when I told him the latest in phone in town he was surprised and make confessions that they only see mud house on TV and he believe Africa still cover body with grass grin

8 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Romanoff(f): 11:36pm On May 21, 2021
Hilarious.

Most still think Africa is a country.

8 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by traihit: 11:36pm On May 21, 2021
Americans can be loud....thinking the world exists all about and for them alone. To them, Africa is just a country

7 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by ORAFA(m): 12:13am On May 22, 2021
Informative
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Rahkman: 12:30am On May 22, 2021
Go to urban dictionary and see what dey think about Africa there

2 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by WoundedLamb: 12:34am On May 22, 2021
OP, every country has thier own share of such people. America is a big country in every sense of it, so they've got the good, the bad and the ugly just like Nigeria. Picking some stupid comments from some Americans online in order to ridicule the country is low cause one wouldn't even need to go that far to do that to Nigeria.

Someone on this NL said New York and Toronto are the only states in the US he'd love to live in. Another person laughed at him and said, "dude, Toronto is the capital of Canada. Stop embarrassing yourself". Someone was arguing the other day that Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq are all parts of the UAE. So you see, no country has the monopoly of such people.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by hunter21(m): 12:38am On May 22, 2021
Lesson is Nigerians need to start believing in Nigeria
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by tchidi066(f): 2:22am On May 22, 2021
What do you expect from people that think Africa is a country , i wonder if they are being taught geography in their schools, so dumb yet bragging
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by LightUpWithKemi: 3:20am On May 22, 2021
Some even said Africans are monkeys.

Giveaway on my YouTube channel: https://twitter.com/UpKemi/status/1395913583125467136. Also, I need support of everyone to grow my channel (url in my signature). Kindly watch, subscribe, comment and share with your friends. Merci!
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:35am On May 22, 2021
No 12 make no differences with npf six months you become an officer reason why two countries have highest police brutality
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by meobizy(f): 4:39am On May 22, 2021
These are the types that Reddit does a good job of hiding from the world. Unfortunately they congregate on 4chan and are really vocal there. Add Nairalanders visiting there on the daily and you'll understand why this forum is in the gutter now.
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Ishilove: 5:15am On May 22, 2021
Hilarious thread cheesy
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Csami(m): 5:33am On May 22, 2021
traihit:
Americans can be loud....thinking the world exists all about and for them alone. To them, Africa is just a country

Overwhelmingly loud and ignorant! A bad combination of two traits.

1 Like

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Magnoliaa(f): 5:44am On May 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:
OP, every country has thier own share of such people. America is a big country in every sense of it, so they've got the good, the bad and the ugly just like Nigeria. Picking some stupid comments from some Americans online in order to ridicule the country is low cause one wouldn't even need to go that far to do that to Nigeria.

Someone on this NL said New York and Toronto are the only states in the US he'd love to live in. Another person laughed at him and said, "dude, Toronto is the capital of Canada. Stop embarrassing yourself". Someone was arguing the other day that Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq are all parts of the UAE. So you see, no country has the monopoly of such people.

Brilliant! smiley kiss I can imagine if they posted this in some FB groups where Americans are. Intelligent, enlightened ones and you'll see them shred the topic to pieces. It's just 25 pics or whatever. I think it's just a bias somehow. When we meet someone that behaved in a way to us, we tend to generalize it. The way I believe fine boys don't have sense. grin But it's wrong. I remember being asked by an elderly man the other day that: "Is philosophy the course in which they say there is no God?" (I'm translating directly from his Yoruba) and I was telling him that it's not expressly like that. They only use logic, ask questions and try to find of things about the world...then whatever conclusion they arrive at is the result of the search. I like contrarian opinions like these most times. You're reading and everyone is "gbam-ing" and some one just pop up to steer the whole thing in another way. It's a good check, especially when you're inclined to believing a wrong picture.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Nobody: 6:53am On May 22, 2021
Americans are just as dull (if not duller) than Nigerians keep that in mind, they now have one kind of over bloated ego, I love seeing British guys tear them to shreds on YouTube. The only people with an iota of sense there are usually asian Americans and legal immigrants. The rest black people included are empty scatter brains.

9 Likes

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Nobody: 6:54am On May 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Brilliant! smiley kiss I can imagine if they posted this in some FB groups where Americans are. Intelligent, enlightened ones and you'll see them shred the topic to pieces. It's just 25 pics or whatever. I think it's just a bias somehow. When we meet someone that behaved in a way to us, we tend to generalize it. The way I believe fine boys don't have sense. grin But it's wrong. I remember being asked by an elderly man the other day that: "Is philosophy the course in which they say there is no God?" (I'm translating directly from his Yoruba) and I was telling him that it's not expressly like that. They only use logic, ask questions and try to find of things about the world...then whatever conclusion they arrive at is the result of the search. I like contrarian opinions like these most times. You're reading and everyone is "gbam-ing" and some one just pop up to steer the whole thing in another way. It's a good check, especially when you're inclined to believing a wrong picture.
Aunty wetin you dey talk anytime you jam a senseless foreign slowpoke on social media just ask are you American nd watch the magical yes come up.

1 Like

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:07am On May 22, 2021
Americans Sha.... especially those once from Texas and Los Angeles girls
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by slex(m): 7:21am On May 22, 2021
Was it not Americans that were surprised Nigerians use Iphones? Jonzing people
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by EbukaHades10(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2021
There was a video I watched where a white man was claiming intellect with a black man,telling the black man to spell Supremacy.

Long story short, dumb people still dey USA.

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by Balogunodua(m): 8:13am On May 22, 2021
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by MasonKendall(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2021
That Georgia shiii cracked me up. Most of them don't even know that they great grandfather's migrated to America.
Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by aderoju3921: 8:30am On May 22, 2021
No 12 make no differences with npf six months you become an officer reason why two countries have highest police brutality

1 Like

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by SEGLIZ: 8:41am On May 22, 2021
budaatum:
A good laugh grin grin

that policing part and ascent part also that ITK that got caught in web of lacking knowledge of his own country really got me, it is hard to believe illiterates does exist out there. but of the truth they do and are in abundant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Photos That Prove That Americans Are Out Of Touch With Reality (Pics) by profilemessages: 8:45am On May 22, 2021
many of them americans dont go to school, some are even college drop outs,

some cant even read and write

some even thinks africa is jungle of wild animals like baboons, and monkeys,

thats what they are being told by their media

its not only in nigeria that we have poor and homeless people

many of them americans, white and black are very poor , jobless and homeless,

some even depend on government to eat everyday

my opinion is that some european countries like spain france even dey enjoy pass some low class or middle class americans

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Lawd!!! Check Out The Beautiful & Ridiculously Curvy Briana Bette [18+] / Lacey Wildd, Has 36 Plastic Surgery Procedures To Look Like A Doll / PHOTOS: Odunlade Adekola’s Brother, Jethro Marks Birthday On Movie Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.