Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States (4178 Views)

Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway,scores Of Passengers Feared Dead.graphic Pics / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States by Slyphax(m): 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
I nid help on understanding the High School G.P.A as related to studying in the united states.I dnt rili knw much abt d G.P.A score here in Nigeria cos in my secondary school,there was no space for a G.P.A score n waec use jus alphabet.D only relevant tin is our average score which is over 100 n dis G.P.A score is kinda confusing me. I av SAT exams kumin up by June 4th so i rili nid 2 understand it cos i want 2 apply early 2 beat d deadline.Ur response is appreciated.Tnx
Re: Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States by omega25red(m): 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
to get in a college in the u.s you either have to take an S.A.T exam which is like waec in Nigeria. Your S.A.T score will determine how good a school you can get into or even possibly getting a scholarship.
The SAT is based on Math, Reading, Writing, science etc each test is based on a score scale of 200 - 800. When done the add each score from each subject you take and give you a final score. If im not mistaken the perfect score is 1600 which will garuntee you an admission to any school in the country and scholarship offers.

your other choice is the G.E.D which is equivallent to the S.A.T but it's for people who didn't finish high school. i think the same rules applies as what i wrote above.

best of luck on your exam and remember that british english is a bit different to American english even spellings so take your time when you take the exam
Re: Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States by Slyphax(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2011
Am aware of d SAT principles n in my choice of school which is Georgia State University,i nid a high school g.p.a of 3.2 n SAT score of 1200 or mur. My confusion is in d g.p.a cos in our nigerian secondary schools g.p.a is nt recorded or insertd in our results
Re: Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States by Slyphax(m): 7:32pm On May 03, 2011
i rili nid help on dis urgently
Re: Help On Understanding G.p.a Scores To Study In The United States by miss2895(f): 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Over 1 Million Nigerians Live In The Uk, But Are They Useful To Nigeria? / Belgium!! / My U.s Medical Examination Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.