Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding (20225 Views)

I Can Perform Any Type Of Coding Gig / Are You Struggling To Earn From Your Youtube Channel / Come Here If You're Struggling To Get Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 12:11am On May 24, 2021
I am a pharmacy student who is struggling to break into the world of programming...I have downloaded and studied lot of videos on YouTube and i do make use of the free lessons offered by freecodecamp. But all the hours i've put into learning how to code seems to been in vain, as I can't apply most things I've learnt to do something remarkable in real life. I'm sincerely appealing to a programmer who will like to take me under his wings as an apprentice.

I will fovever be grateful for the guidance.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Jas80: 9:32am On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:
I am a pharmacy student who is struggling to break into the world of programming...I have downloaded and studied lot of videos on YouTube and i do make use of the free lessons offered by freecodecamp. But all the hours i've put into learning how to code seems to been in vain, as I can't apply most things I've learnt to do something remarkable in real life. I'm sincerely appealing to a programmer who will like to take me under his wings as an apprentice.

How can I be of help

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2021
Jas80:

How can I be of help
Mentorship boss mentorship.

I've watched loads of YouTube videos on Js and that seems not to be helping. Cus applying what I've learnt without running back to YouTube has been a problem.

I know teaching a total stranger is big ask, but I will like nothing than to find a tutor/mentor.

16 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Jas80: 1:02pm On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:

I've watched loads of YouTube videos on Js and that seems not to be helping. Cus applying what I've learnt without running back to YouTube has been a problem.

I know teaching a total stranger is big ask, but I will like nothing than to find a tutor/mentor.
Is Js d only language u learnt?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by BruncleZuma: 1:21pm On May 24, 2021
The world is your oyster...read a lot about algorithms as anybody can cram syntax. Get a GitHub account. Ask a lot of questions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by simhosting: 1:21pm On May 24, 2021
Go to training center. Everything is not about YouTube

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Testtest0: 1:21pm On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:

PM me

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by CSTRR: 1:21pm On May 24, 2021
You are in tutorial hell.

12 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by thatsleepboy1: 1:22pm On May 24, 2021
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by NiRfreak(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2021
Programming is The new gold mine for the truly smart peeps in this digital world.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by The5DME(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2021
cc karleb qtguru tensanzangetsu20

you need to start building real life projects.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 1:23pm On May 24, 2021
Pharmacy and Coding are worlds apart ... utterly different in their entirety.

Choose one and stick to it. Stop letting your village people play with your destiny.

Use your brain.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by aBrokeRichDude: 1:23pm On May 24, 2021
Hmm
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Thermodynamics(m): 1:23pm On May 24, 2021
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Connected1: 1:23pm On May 24, 2021
I need a mentor too oh
I have been learning Python for sometime now, but I keep running away after learning some of the basics.
I just keep procastinating, I need guidance.
I have written some codes/programs but I want to be engaged, like I need someone to give me tasks to do so I can achieve something.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by smile11s(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
Pharmacy is a dead career
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by kinzation(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
Boss
Should I join him too
Testtest0:

PM me
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by AZeD1(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:

Even programmers with 15 years of experience still use online resources for things that look simple.

Start by building small programs e.g a program to add two numbers, then do for three numbers e.t.c

Remember you are not in competition with anyone so take your time to learn as much as you need.

There's no shame in watching YouTube videos 5 times.

PS: As you are watching the videos and reading the books, you should practice along by typing the code. You won't learn by just watching the videos.

32 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by dimexy247(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
Great
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by demefa(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
Coding has become my my problem too.
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by CSTRR: 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
It is generally good for new programmers to start with front end development.

HTML , CSS and JavaScript.

You can easily built all kind of basic projects and clone websites.

The results will be visible and it will be a boost to your self esteem which will propel you.

But when you start with a programming language, you need to be very good to build decent projects.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by qtguru(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2021
The5DME:
cc karleb qtguru tensanzangetsu20

you need to start building real life projects.

What is a real life project ?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by nullbyte: 1:26pm On May 24, 2021
In learning programing you need to learn while building real world applications. Most tutorials will go the "Hello World" direction.

IN learning python, i started by learning how to build networking tools and that helped me in my field as a network engineer.

Which language are u learning? Let me know and I can recommend how to learn by building real world applications.

11 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 24, 2021
grin grin

Three rules that have been helpful to me:

(1) Learn at your own pace. Eg, considering that you use FCC, take ten challenges for each day and jot down something remarkable you've learn. It's easier for the knowledge to stick that way.

(2) Whenever my body start acting like the wife of an irresponsible man asking for sex from her at night. I quietly put my PC to SLEEP because I observed that forcing myself to learning, at the end it seems like a wild goose chase.

(3) Run through Adarabi's thread on Technology Market and day dream of how much I can own one of his merchandise if i don't lose focus. (Funny right yeahhh, but it works great for me).

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Did You Discover Nairaland? / Buy And Sell Website / Blog In Nigeria / Gtbank Cut $25 From The Money I Received Offshore Charges (wire Transfer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.