Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,202 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers (2282 Views)

Zenith Bank Hardware Token; Here Is Everything You Need To Know / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 5:14am On May 24, 2021
Recently, Access Bank Customers can no longer transfer anything greater than ₦20,000 using the USSD Transfer Methods.
To make the matter worse, they even went ahead and started implementing the embargo on the transfers without sensitizing the customers. Their unsuspecting customers are not even aware of such restrictions up till this moment, and they may be thinking that the USSD method is no more working for big amounts.
Worst of it all is that; when someone wants to transfer big amounts using the USSD method (amounts bigger than ₦20,000), the processing instructions will still prompt the customer to enter the last 6 digits of CARD NUMBER.
When I took the pain to inquire from Access Bank why they stopped allowing transactions greater than ₦20,000 on the USSD Channel, they said that for someone to transfer more than ₦20,000 using USSD, that the person should use Hardware Token (costs ₦2,700).
When I asked them why they didn't sensitize the customers about it, and why the USSD instructions are still prompting customers to enter the last 6 digits of CARD NUMBER, instead of promoting customers to activate their Hardware Token and enter the PIN that was generated in the Token...
They have not answered me till today.

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 5:14am On May 24, 2021
If they have decided to be using Token, no problems.
But they should not be putting the uninformed customers through unnecessary confusions.

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by Stephenomozzy(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2021
Customer Care/Relationship is one of the weakest features of most of the Nigerian organizations.

As there's no JUST agency to regulate their "MIGHTIER THAN THE LAW" tendencies....they see themselves as Gods.
In saner climes, I'm pretty sure they can be sued! Pay damages tire and them go hear word.

Although, be sure that you've been using the USSD to make transfer above the said sum before....Cos banks like UBA have had that crazy "Secure pass problem" since USSD even started...which is a good feature thou; your problem is about the non-sensitization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 5:58am On May 24, 2021
Stephenomozzy:
Customer Care/Relationship is one of the weakest features of most of the Nigerian organizations.

As there's no JUST agency to regulate their "MIGHTIER THAN THE LAW" tendencies....they see themselves as Gods.
In saner climes, I'm pretty sure they can be sued! Pay damages tire and them go hear word.

Although, be sure that you've been using the USSD to make transfer above the said sum before....Cos banks like UBA have had that crazy "Secure pass problem" since USSD even started...which is a good feature thou; your problem is about the non-sensitization.

My brother, that's just it.
I use their Mobile-App very well, and I also use their USSD option very often too.
If the transfer is very urgent, and I considered the logging-in processes of the Mobile-App as a waste of time, I would quickly opt for the USSD option.
Sometimes, when I find myself in a location of low/slow data network services, then USSD comes to rescue.
No matter the security checks they want to put in place, I have no problems about it.
All I care for, is proper sensitization.
Let the customers know about the new changes (even before they were being implemented).

1 Like

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by psucc(m): 6:56am On May 24, 2021
Giy this is Nigeria! Things don't work the way it should. We take backyard enta house here.

If I may understand as it worked in other Banks. The limit and requirement for a token is when you are transferring more than N20k at a go. So why not play the Nigerian sense - transfer as many times as you wish BUT NOT MORE THAN N20K.

Case close.

Good morning, world

2 Likes

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 7:04am On May 24, 2021
psucc:
Giy this is Nigeria! Things don't work the way it should. We take backyard enta house here.

If I may understand as it worked in other Banks. The limit and requirement for a token is when you are transferring more than N20k at a go. So why not play the Nigerian sense - transfer as many times as you wish BUT NOT MORE THAN N20K.

Case close.

Good morning, world
The time wasted in doing the multiple transactions comes into consideration here.
And then, the multiple charges for the various teansactions too..
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by tk4rd: 4:28pm On May 24, 2021
Lalasticlala,
Seun
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 5:48pm On May 25, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by tk4rd: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lalasticlala,
Seun.
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by Premiumwriter2: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Of course they want to sell all their hardware tokens.

How much sense does it make for people to be moving about with hardware tokens, atm card and bank app all because they want to make transactions?

We are fine with USSD and atm. Access should stop forcing things down our throat all for their selfish reason

1 Like

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by obi58: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Recently, Access Bank Customers can no longer transfer anything greater than ₦20,000 using the USSD Transfer Methods.
To make the matter worse, they even went ahead and started implementing the embargo on the transfers without sensitizing the customers. Their unsuspecting customers are not even aware of such restrictions up till this moment, and they may be thinking that the USSD method is no more working for big amounts.
Worst of it all is that; when someone wants to transfer big amounts using the USSD method (amounts bigger than ₦20,000), the processing instructions will still prompt the customer to enter the last 6 digits of CARD NUMBER.
When I took the pain to inquire from Access Bank why they stopped allowing transactions greater than ₦20,000 on the USSD Channel, they said that for someone to transfer more than ₦20,000 using USSD, that the person should use Hardware Token (costs ₦2,700).
When I asked them why they didn't sensitize the customers about it, and why the USSD instructions are still prompting customers to enter the last 6 digits of CARD NUMBER, instead of promoting customers to activate their Hardware Token and enter the PIN that was generated in the Token...
They have not answered me till today.

May I ask why you insist on using USSD? If you are transacting with large amounts you should get a token or sign on to their mobile banking.

1 Like

Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 3:59am On Jul 04, 2021
obi58:

May I ask why you insist on using USSD? If you are transacting with large amounts you should get a token or sign on to their mobile banking.
In a low-network area where the internet network is very poor, USSD transaction comes to the rescue.
Unless they want to phase it out, then we still need to know.
Meanwhile, the thread is more about public enlightenment..
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by obi58: 5:12am On Jul 04, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
In a low-network area where the internet network is very poor, USSD transaction comes to the rescue.
Unless they want to phase it out, then we still need to know.
Meanwhile, the thread is more about public enlightenment..

In a low network area you can still use a token with your USSD. Besides low network coverage areas these days are becoming less and less. At least one network should be available with 3g coverage at least in your area or within 30mins drive of such a location if the transaction you wish to do is that important.

I support the addition of the token for transactions above 20k for the security of your account.

Everyday people lose their hard earned money due to phone security compromise in the home or online scammers. Imagine losing all your hard earned money in minutes to some scammer somehere? You get where I'm coming from?

Left to me self without the token you should not do more than 20k a day.
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by cybertron88: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2021
The fraud perpetuated from access bank USSD recently mandated this. The security was so porous that fraudsters were taking advantage of it. My brother who owns a boutique had his GTB acc frozen cos someone bought goods from his shop and transfered via USSD from access not knowing it was from a hacked account. He told me two of his Co traders had same issue too from access bank.
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2021
obi58:

In a low network area you can still use a token with your USSD. Besides low network coverage areas these days are becoming less and less. At least one network should be available with 3g coverage at least in your area or within 30mins drive of such a location if the transaction you wish to do is that important.

I support the addition of the token for transactions above 20k for the security of your account.

Everyday people lose their hard earned money due to phone security compromise in the home or online scammers. Imagine losing all your hard earned money in minutes to some scammer somehere? You get where I'm coming from?

Left to me self without the token you should not do more than 20k a day.
Now, back to the thread.....
There is still no option in the USSD Transaction Process where it would prompt the customer to use a token.
I am not against the use of token.
But the Access Bank had not configured the USSD transaction process in such a way that it requests the user to use the token.
Re: Use Of Access Bank’s Hardware Token: No Prior Information To Customers by BluntCrazeMan: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2021
cybertron88:
The fraud perpetuated from access bank USSD recently mandated this. The security was so porous that fraudsters were taking advantage of it. My brother who owns a boutique had his GTB acc frozen cos someone bought goods from his shop and transfered via USSD from access not knowing it was from a hacked account. He told me two of his Co traders had same issue too from access bank.
This Access Bank Sef..
Na Waa Ooo.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Advert Affect Your Urge To Consume Goods / Printing A Plastic Business Card / Can I Use Mt4 Robot To Trade Forex On Mt4 Android Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.