Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? (37002 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by VaginaAcademic: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

You have no proof for this FALSE accusation.
Even at that, is Matthew 4:10 & Matthew 11:25 missing in your Bible? grin
all these jehovah witness like pretend to hate fornication but na dem be number 1 for sexual promiscuity

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by ManOfMan: 11:39am On Oct 01, 2023
HISSCRIBE1995:
I noticed that the jehova witnesses around me usually feel uncomfortable when a christian song is been played but they are quick to dance and sing along to secular (even ungodly ) songs.
They seems not to like hearing a christian sermon but would prefer to listen to sermons from other faith (islam)

Now the question is - why do these people react this way but chose to be more positive to unchristian subject rather than christian subject of which they are already familiar with.
It is also a wonder that these people Choose not to be identified as Christians (please if I'm wrong with this assertions you can correct me)
I think these organizations need to be studied very well to see why they Choose to be the way they are (their doctrines, and differences in scriptures)

If you know anything about this group called jehova witnesses, or had experienced some of their reactions, please share so that the church and general public can know more about them and their beliefs without castigasting anyone.

I had a Jehovah witness member as roommate in the Uni back in the days. What you wrote above perfectly describes the guy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by BenedictAbajue(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2023
Onucs:
In my own opinion, even Jesus Christ never called himself God, he only said, he was way through to God. Even the holy spirit, the bible made us believe was a comforter and not God. So I always wonder where the 3 Gods originated from

Yeah but Jesus said He is equal to the Father . An Angel would never claim that unless if it's a satanic one.

If we are to believe Jesus then we must believe the bolded.
If we have two supernatural beings who are equal to each other, who then should we worship?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Mpanyi: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

John 20:17 and Revelation 3:12, Jesus Christ told you everything you need to know about him in the spiritual realm and the physical realm.
Jesus Christ is a Worshipper jare.

You guys are just pitiable. You are more confused than anything. How many times did you guys say the world would end and at the end of the day it didn't end? That lie is enough evidence you are preaching false doctrine because Satan is father of all liars. Also, the word 'Jehovah' is your own coinage as there is no J in Jewish pronunciation and nothing like Jehovah in Jewish or Aramaic language. Whoever that is arguing with you is an accomplice in spreading of false doctrine because of too much indoctrination you people are made to go through. Continue to run around everywhere here giving nonsense explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Ekemeze: 11:45am On Oct 01, 2023
VaginaAcademic:
all these jehovah witness like pretend to hate fornication but na dem be number 1 for sexual promiscuity

As someone who's been close to over a dozen of them, I can confirm what you said πŸ’―.

They somehow managed to suppress their women from ever speaking up. Most of them are real pervert.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Courz:

Big Lies. You JWs discuss politics amongst yourselves and in the privacy of your homes. Even your fellow JWs in the U.S tend to lean towards Republican party in the U.S. Donald Trump once visited your Kingdom Hall in the U.S. His Son also once visited your Bethel Headquarters in the U.S. The Son in law of Trump bought your former Bethel Headquarters in Brooklyn. You only claim you stay away from Politics in paper but in reality you discuss Politics and criticise governments.

Don't Mind Them! 😏

They claim They DO NOT do Politics and Human Leaders can't Solve Man's Problems!πŸ™

But they Enjoy Government WELFARE Packages in Countries they reside, Like
*NPOWER
*FEDERAL JOBS.
*SCHOLARSHIPS
*UNIVERSITY BURSARY
Etc. 🀨

The Guy that CREATED the Sect (Russell), E no Go BETTER for him, Whenever he is!πŸ˜’

He caused a COLLATERAL DAMAGE to their Mindset and a PROBLEM in Christianity! πŸ˜πŸ˜•

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by pseudonomer: 11:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

Your TRINITARIAN mentors knew this truth about Jesus Christ too.

One of the reasons Martin Luther left the Catholic church.
Oga,Read the screenshot.

Jude 1:9 never claimed Archangel Michael is Jesus Christ in anyway.

β€œYet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, β€œThe Lord rebuke you!””
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/114/jud.1.9.NKJV

However, John 1:1-2 Claimed this:

β€œIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.1.1-2.NKJV

Reading further, John 1:14:

β€œAnd the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.1.14.NKJV

You should quote the Bible, not Wikipedia, not even Martin Luther King.

Mind you, I’m not Catholic, infact, I have attended a lot JW meetings, and even National convention once.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Ekemeze: 11:47am On Oct 01, 2023
Mpanyi:

You guys are just pitiable. You are more confused than anything. How many times did you guys say the world would end and at the end of the day it didn't end? That lie is enough evidence you are preaching false doctrine because Satan is father of all liars. Also, the word 'Jehovah' is your own coinage as there is no J in Jewish pronunciation and nothing like Jehovah in Jewish or Aramaic language. Whoever that is arguing with you is an accomplice in spreading of false doctrine because of too much indoctrination you people are made to go through. Continue to run around everywhere here giving nonsense explanation.

Precisely the year 2000,
That was when they predicted the end of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Mpanyi: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2023
Ekemeze:

Precisely the year 2000,

I think another one was 1994 or 1995 or thereabout

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by UncleKoboko: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2023
HISSCRIBE1995:
They don't believe in trinity.
Only fools believe in trinity
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by marlenewa(f): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2023
I have been receiving them at home, don't know if I will join them soon.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Courz: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Don't Mind Them! 😏

They claim They DO NOT do Politics and Human Leaders can't Solve Man's Problems!πŸ™

*NPOWER
*FEDERAL JOBS.
*SCHOLARSHIPS
*UNIVERSITY BURSARY
Etc. 🀨

The Guy that CREATED the Sect (Russell), E no Go BETTER for him, Whenever he is!πŸ˜’

He caused a COLLATERAL DAMAGE to their Mindset and a PROBLEM in Christianity! πŸ˜πŸ˜•

It is just extreme Hypocrisy. They make claims but they don't really follow their claims. How can you say you stay away from Politics but you have allies with Politicians? A whole Donald Trump came to their Kingdom Hall once. His Son came to their Bethel Headquarters. Even their Bethelites were using it to boast. Donald Trump's Son in Law bought their Brooklyn Headquarters. Please, how did they get this kind of connection to get someone of that Calibre to do this? Research them very well. There are many things hidden about them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Trustedpronet: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Jehovah witnesses do not believe in some of the doctrine of the Christendom. Such doctrines as these:
1. Trinity- 3 Gods in one
2. Christmas -not biblical
3. Easter- resurrection of Christ celebration not biblical
4. Hell fire - eternal condemnation in fire not accepted by jw based on deep search by the governing body of the organization
5.Rapture - NOT BIBLICAL
6. Birthday Celebration- 2 ungodly people did it in the bible
7. Politic- they don't vote and they don't participate in political affairs because it is govern by the devil as such nothing good will ever come out of it.
8. They only show love to their baptised followers all over the world.
9. They believed they are the only one that will make the kingdom of God here on earth, so if you are not a jw nothing for you.
10. They have their hymn books, a melody book only them can sing

BACK TO YOUR QUESTION: Christendom songs are composed by those that are worshipping in those churches that promotes those doctrines the jw believed are armful to their own believe so listening or singing those songs will mean they are getting involved in false doctrines which will however made Jehovah to destroy them alongside the false churches in the war of Armageddon, a war that will be executed by Jehovah himself.

Finally, why they are more comfortable enjoying secular songs is simple...secular songs are not attached to religion, they are neutral. Which is why you'll see most churches or Muslims play them during celebration.

Hope I have answered your question.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Ekemeze: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Mpanyi:

I think another one was 1994 or 1995 or thereabout

That of 2000 was the one I heard and read myself . They came to our house severally to warn us. Claiming that only Jehovah witness members will inherit the house my dad built after judgement πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I have no doubt now that it was a made up tactics to grow and expand their cult. Because indeed, it worked.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Mpanyi: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Only fools believe in trinity

It's rather only fools are too sure in a subject they know almost nothing about. Churches like Catholic church have long sailed past this stage of your current confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Desusi: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
HISSCRIBE1995:
I noticed that the jehova witnesses around me usually feel uncomfortable when a christian song is been played but they are quick to dance and sing along to secular (even ungodly ) songs.
They seems not to like hearing a christian sermon but would prefer to listen to sermons from other faith (islam)

Now the question is - why do these people react this way but chose to be more positive to unchristian subject rather than christian subject of which they are already familiar with.
It is also a wonder that these people Choose not to be identified as Christians (please if I'm wrong with this assertions you can correct me)
I think these organizations need to be studied very well to see why they Choose to be the way they are (their doctrines, and differences in scriptures)

If you know anything about this group called jehova witnesses, or had experienced some of their reactions, please share so that the church and general public can know more about them and their beliefs without castigasting anyone.
Hmmm,your observation is correct. Nonetheless, going down to their root,they are the people the Bible described as having the form of godliness but denied the power thereof,a reprobate, avoid them like a plague.I carefully mingled with them many years ago in Germany, here are my observation, though they care a lot,but do not share Christian faith, the do not believe Christ died on the cross,talk less of His resurrection.They have their own Bible that removed a lot of vital information concerning Christ and His millennium reign. They do not believe in rapture and lots of Bible doctrines. My brother, they are far from been a Christian. They are occult in a way.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by chatinent: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
As I dey like this, I no get time to argue with anyone. Believe in what you like. My own na to see food chop fess
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by HISSCRIBE1995: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2023
cedricksly:
. Trinity doctrine is the most useless and baseless kind of doctrine that has been sold to gullible People over the longest time ever, courtesy king James one sided translation.
THAT IS NOT TRUE!
TRINITY IS SCRIPTURAL .
IT WOULD BE WRONG FOR THE BIBLE TO RECORD THAT JESUS WAS BEING WORSHIPED IF JESUS IS NOT EQUAL WITH THE FATHER ,AND JESUS WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED THE CHILD OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IF THE SPIRIT IS NOT EQUAL WITH THE FATHER ALSO.

1TIMOTHY 3VS16 CALLED JESUS GOD WHO MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH .
CHECK IT 4 YOURSELF AND SEE.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by johnw47: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:
continue to worship your 3 deities

Janosky: Did Jesus teach you to worship 3 deities?

Janosky: Worshipping 3 deities. grin grin

Janosky: 3 deities Worshipped by Christendom.

Ecc_7:6Β  For as the crackling of thorn bushes under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

lost fraud jw janosky

you continuing to lie and blaspheme the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit of the Bible, of course,
calling them 3 deities/3 gods

your reward is surely coming:
Rev_20:15Β  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32Β  And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

and of course not all Christians/all of Christianity, worship 3 deities, that's just more of your never ending lies:

Christendom. / (ˈkrΙͺsΙ™ndΙ™m) / noun. the collective body of Christians throughout the world or throughout history. an obsolete word for Christianity.

you false jw's are so dum, aren't you

you false jw's can never stop lying, post after post, day in and day out, just like the devil

false jw's:
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by marlenewa(f): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Don't Mind Them! 😏

*NPOWER
*FEDERAL JOBS.
*SCHOLARSHIPS
*UNIVERSITY BURSARY
Etc. 🀨

No wonder, they don't vote during elections and hardly talk about anything government

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Cantonese: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

Genesis 2:7 & Genesis 6:3, Did God tell you man is a spirit being?

Numbers 23:19 & Genesis 6:3, we already know the truth.
grin grin

Genesis 2:7
Eclesiates 12: 7

Please read and understand. I wonder how you people do not read.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

Every Angel is a creature, likewise the archangel Jesus Christ.
John Gill is desperate to cleave to Trinity dogma.
His belief in Trinity would be shattered if he ACCEPTS the Bible's teaching about angels.
grin grin

The million dollar question is:
Why would the same ghost be giving conflicting information to TRINITARIANS?
grin grin

Mumu and no get sense peddling peddler says John Gill is desperate to cleave to Trinity dogma yet his commentary on the whole Bible is still in existence and you use it as truth to support your doctrines of lies and manipulations while the books printed as the next to Bible called studies of the scriptures by Russell is an apostate material today outlawed within your midst not to talk of the outsiders grin grin grin grin

His belief in Trinity would be shattered if he ACCEPTS the Bible's teaching about angels.

He completed and finish his work long before Russell parents ever thought of fathering Russell grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Courz: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2023
marlenewa:

To save yourself from a Life of Mind Control based on Fear, Guilt and Obligation, please research JWs. Google them. Research their founder. Research their doctrines. Research them now that you haven't joined them yet because you are not allowed to research them once you become a member. You are not allowed to do many things. You are not allowed to question their rules and doctrines. There are many rules in that religion that they won't tell you. There are many doctrines that are Antichrist like they won't tell you. Research them now before it is too late. Once you enter that Cult, you are on your own. Anything you see there, take it like that. But once you enter there, you can't leave. That's why it is a Cult.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by jrusky(m): 11:56am On Oct 01, 2023
EFULEFU1:
They Hate Jesus being praised

Honestly I respect them but I still find it hard to understand their own religion. I don't even know where they belong under Christianity umbrella.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by HISSCRIBE1995: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
BenedictAbajue:

Yeah but Jesus said He is equal to the Father . An Angel would never claim that unless if it's a satanic one.

If we are to believe Jesus then we must believe the bolded.
If we have two supernatural beings who are equal to each other, who then should we worship?
YOU'VE ASKED HIM A VERY GOOD QUESTION.
AND YOUR POINT IS VALID.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by BenedictAbajue(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
marlenewa:
I'd rather stay at home and keep doing good than join another denomination or religion.

It's all fake, but for some reasons you may find it hard leaving the religion or denomination you were born into.
Once you leave the first one, you don become wanderer be that o

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Mpanyi: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Ekemeze:

That of 2000 was the one I heard and read myself . They came to our house severally to warn us. Claiming that only Jehovah witness members will inherit the house my dad built after judgement πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I have no doubt now that it was a made up tactics to grow and expand their cult. Because indeed, it worked.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Too funny. House your dad built You didn't look for any nearby matchet? But they were serious in the false prophecy. Their explanation after it did not come to pass was they calculated wrongly 🀣🀣🀣 How can an organization led by God calculate wrongly?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2023
Ekemeze:

Precisely the year 2000,

Goan Read the Novel 'CHEER UP BROTHER' by SMO Aka. πŸ™‚

They Predicted 1975, too!

OVERSABI wan Finish Dem! πŸ˜πŸ˜€

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Menclothing: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
God is great
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Geovanni412:

@maxindhouse, na true?
100% true! smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Cantonese: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Trustedpronet:
Jehovah witnesses do not believe in some of the doctrine of the Christendom. Such doctrines as these:
1. Trinity- 3 Gods in one
2. Christmas -not biblical
3. Easter- resurrection of Christ celebration not biblical
4. Hell fire - eternal condemnation in fire not accepted by jw based on deep search by the governing body of the organization
5.Rapture - NOT BIBLICAL
6. Birthday Celebration- 2 ungodly people did it in the bible
7. Politic- they don't vote and they don't participate in political affairs because it is govern by the devil as such nothing good will ever come out of it.
8. They only show love to their baptised followers all over the world.
9. They believed they are the only one that will make the kingdom of God here on earth, so if you are not a jw nothing for you.
10. They have their hymn books, a melody book only them can sing

BACK TO YOUR QUESTION: Christendom songs are composed by those that are worshipping in those churches that promotes those doctrines the jw believed are armful to their own believe so listening or singing those songs will mean they are getting involved in false doctrines which will however made Jehovah to destroy them alongside the false churches in the war of Armageddon, a war that will be executed by Jehovah himself.

Finally, why they are more comfortable enjoying secular songs is simple...secular songs are not attached to religion, they are neutral. Which is why you'll see most churches or Muslims play them during celebration.

Hope I have answered your question.

β€œ Finally, why they are more comfortable enjoying secular songs is simple...secular songs are not attached to religion, they are neutral…”.

Do you not think that you are playing the ostrich with your words? You are not comfortable with secular songs. You are not neutral and yet you worship Jehova. How are you neutral when you worship Jehova?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by romioray: 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
HISSCRIBE1995:

The poster is a Jehovah's witness who just wanted to draw people's attention to his religion and beliefs. The attached picture is an Evidence. Don't try to proselyte people subtly, do it with plainness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (53) (Reply)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To The RCCG Lady At BBNaija Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.