Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) (887 Views)

What Is This On My Brother's Skin? (Pictures) / Brazilian Lady Born Without Vagina Has One Made Out Of Fish Skin - Pictures / Kenyan Man With Biggest Manhood Undergoes Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 24, 2021
Garry Turner, the man who holds a Guinness World Record for the Stretchiest Skin can move it in directions that most of us wouldn't imagine was possible, he's able to stretch his skin due to a medical condition

A man who holds a Guinness World Record for his stretchy skin can move it away from his neck, face and even pull at his eyelids.

Garry Turner, the fella with the stretchiest skin in the world, is able to maneuver his skin due to a rare medical condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

The disorder is a condition of the connective tissues affecting the skin, internal organs, and ligaments in the body.

Garry is able to stretch his skin on his stomach out 15.8cm due to his odd talent.

The collagen which strengthens the skin and determines its elasticity becomes defective, meaning his skin is looser as well as joints having 'hypermobility'.

In other serious cases, the disorder can cause the fatal collapse or rupture of blood vessels.

When asked whether other parts of his skin can stretch he explained areas with the most works best.

He said: "Anywhere that has plenty of skin is best - tummy, neck, arms, etc. Areas not so stretchy are hands and feet.

"Stretching doesn't hurt at all. However, other aspects of the syndrome are very painful, e.g. joints."

He added: "I have always known that my skin was different - as a small child my uncles used to have fun showing their friends."

When asked if it hurts to move his skin, he replied: "Stretching doesn't hurt at all. However, other aspects of the syndrome are very painful, e.g. joints."

Garry won the record back in 1999 and has stayed at the top over the past 20 years.
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-worlds-stretchiest-skin-can-24166079

Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 12:02am On May 25, 2021
And he's making something out of the disorder. grin
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by XXXXTENTACION: 12:02am On May 25, 2021
Damn..... shocked
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by lilvicky68(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2021
Hope say the skin no go slack later.. grin grin
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by boy16(m): 12:14am On May 25, 2021
Ps. "So I made the ultimate status saver app(all popular social platforms images/videos/stories savers in one app). It's now live on google playstore for android users.

Kindly check out, download and give a rating

Thanks.�❤

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unisaver.statussaver
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by Ever8090: 1:36am On May 25, 2021
Rubber band skin....

Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by iampeterben(m): 3:05am On May 25, 2021
God's creature and signs of his awesome wonders
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by xpressionx(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2021
Strange man
Re: Meet 'The Elastic Man' With World's Stretchiest Skin (Pictures) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:34am On May 28, 2021
Hope the skin won't get expired one day

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help... The Pains Are Unbearable / I Have 3m And Interested In Starting A Pharmacy Biz But Have No Idea About Drugs / Man Finds 6ft Snake Inside His Toilet After It Started 'flushing By Itself'(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.