Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Royal Snub For The Obamas - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Royal Snub For The Obamas (2018 Views)

Adorable Photos Of The Obamas At The 2014 Christmas In Washington / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Royal Snub For The Obamas by niggadee(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
Royal snub for the Obama’s, Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: President Barack Obama and Michelle are not invited! Michelle is livid over the snub and Obama can’t believe it…What is happening and what can I do about it seems to be the thoughts in Obama’s head. Meanwhile, William and Kate have it together.

Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ poster
i don't think that presidents the world over would regard the non invite as a slur
like someone rightly said, the wedding wasn't a state issue
it wasn't as if a king was getting married wasn't it
and if you notice,there weren't any other world power leaders present too
so I don't really think this is the case
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2011
Lol sorry op Obama do not give a flying 4ck bout the royal bull.
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 190: 11:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
toyemz U AGAIN!!
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^^
toyemz U AGAIN!!
what is your problem now
and i didtnt call your name,did I

I say you today oh,wearing those bright yellow pants and dancing in the streets
i hope you got home safe sha with all that larger in you?
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by BABE3: 12:06am On Apr 30, 2011
toyemz:

@ poster
i don't think that presidents the world over would regard the non invite as a slur
like someone rightly said, the wedding wasn't a state issue
it wasn't as if a king was getting married wasn't it
and if you notice,there weren't any other world power leaders present too
so I don't really think this is the case

It wasn't a state issue uhn? Do you know how many State personnels and world leaders were invited? A lot darling!

This Obama thing is very suspicious. That family is full of dark secrets!
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by redsun(m): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2011
He is not the direct heir to the throne that deserves Obama's presence,protocols does not allow that

Meanwhile the royal family is irrelevant to dynamic minds,they are just as relevant as father christmas
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by Phate07(m): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2011

The wedding was and is still a non-issue. So i see no reason Obama should be agitated over a mere invite.
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2011
@babe
you look only at obama and think its an issue?
what about other presidents from around the world?
or are they of less import than Obama?
i still stand by my belief
there might be more reasons,but i doubt that its a deliberate slur
and it might boil down to security( just might)
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by BABE3: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2011
Toyemz

Touche! I was just correcting the fact that you said "it wasn't a state issue" smiley

I still stand my my own belief too--That family is full of dark, wicked, secrets!
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by niggadee(m): 12:15am On Apr 30, 2011
For several centuries the Americans and the British have shared a special relationship of mutual trust, mutual business, and even at times mirrored political ideals. Has this positive relationship between the two countries begun to decline in recent months? If you were to poll British people right now then the majority would undoubtedly be "yes". In fact, I am so sure of it that my question should have been "Why have Anglo-American relations began to suffer". The answer to that question would likely be, I am very sad to say, "Obama". And I say that with much regret. You see, the British people supported Obama in his election campaign, he created a buzz in this country and people from all over the UK were flooding social networking sites and Internet message boards with strong pro-Obama messages. We celebrated when he won that election. But why do the British people, and the British government, now believe that Obama has anti-British sentiments? His list of actions since taking office include: During a recent British stand off with Argentina over rights to The Falkland Islands, Obama supported Argentina. The first American president to do so, and despite every single inhabitant of The Falkland Islands holding a British passport and considering themselves to be British citizens. The UK lent its full support to the US in their wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and has seen their young men return in coffins as a result, and they continue to do so. It should be remembered that the British lost 255 soldiers in 'The Falklands War' in 1992, Obama's lack of gratitude or respect is more than apparent
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by niggadee(m): 12:26am On Apr 30, 2011
Michelle Obama breach  Royal protocol by hugging the Queen during her last visit to england, first lady Michelle Obama hugged Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace in London. While that may sound like it's no big deal, actually is a breach of royal protocol. No one is supposed to touch the queen. The queen reportedly didn't mind, however

Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 190: 12:27am On Apr 30, 2011
toyemz:

^^^^what is your problem now

angry angry
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:28am On Apr 30, 2011
@ poster
honestly if Obama turned round tomorrow and stuck up his two fingers to UK
i wouldn't blame him
I have always seen UK  ccowering under the shadows of USA
UK have never taken a direct action or the first step doing anything with out the USA's approval or leadership
We didn't(UK) have to go to war with Iraq, it wasn't our war
but of course USA said yes, and UK rushed to obey
so what do you really expect?
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:29am On Apr 30, 2011
@190

u okay?
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by redsun(m): 12:31am On Apr 30, 2011
Obama should know better not to worry about dinning with the other side as a soul rebel.The agitations and causse of a blackman are quite contrary to what that institution stands for.

At this point as a people we should be creating our realities,our own splendour,our own fantasies,our own importance and relevance.Until we realize that things are main to be the way people wants it,we will never start making own ways in life.

There are kings because there are peasants.

Obama is under pressure,he inherited almost a failed system that is on a free fall and he his not a ruthless capitalist and oppressor.
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 190: 12:34am On Apr 30, 2011
toyemz:

@190

u okay?

Yes im angry cos Baba SHEGE (Olosegun obasanjo ) Goodluck and patience werent invited wherre as i was there live in person  angry angry
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:40am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^
were you the one in babanriga( black and white)?
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by niggadee(m): 12:49am On Apr 30, 2011
@toyemz i agree with you we all know when it come to nuclear weapons or cease fire in middle east or africa,  the british  military & american  work together as a team  but still is british that colonized america and  american we always respect british govt for colonization
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 190: 12:53am On Apr 30, 2011
angry angry
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:56am On Apr 30, 2011
@poster

i am strongly inclined to disagree with you on some issues,
i honestly don't see Britain and America working as a term
Their kind of 'teamwork' translates to me as one giving orders and the other following
or one being unable to take any leading decision without the other one
In this case, Britain takes a back seat
America goes ahead and does its own thing and then holds meeting with Britain
But my wonderful country has to wait for a go ahead from the Americans
That is so not team work
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2011
@190

i love your face
i think you would make a wonderful 'doormat' husband for some smart intelligent girl! grin
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by 190: 1:09am On Apr 30, 2011
^lets collabo angry

dont say NO!! send me a mail and lets talk away from here

email in my profile cool
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by toyemz(f): 1:16am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^
just sent you a mail
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by MsPotato(f): 1:18am On Apr 30, 2011
When Obama's daughters get married, he should invite this royal family to his daughter's wedding so that they would be at shame grin
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by Nekai(f): 1:24am On Apr 30, 2011
Did Clinton invite Charles to his daughters wedding? Parents are not supposed to be inviting all their friends. Only those friends that also have a relationship with the bride or groom.
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by niggadee(m): 1:27am On Apr 30, 2011
@ toyemz dat's ur own view, british govt never wait for america to approve or order before they deployed service men/women to war zone countries, the secretary general of  united nations and the nato secretary general  ,world leaders  are the one that approve coalition task . not america
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by MsPotato(f): 1:27am On Apr 30, 2011
Nekai:

Did Clinton invite Charles to his daughters wedding? Parents are not supposed to be inviting all their friends. Only those friends that also have a relationship with the bride or groom.

Wow! Really? Ok that means your culture is different from mine.
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by cold(m): 1:32am On Apr 30, 2011
Like Obama gives an eff about some royal wedding.He is more concerned about the tornadoes & storms sweeping thru his country.Methinks even if he was offered an invite he would have turned it down cuz the American media would have had his a.rse for lunch
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by Orton10(m): 1:35am On Apr 30, 2011
toyemz:

^^^^what is your problem now

****Grabs a handful  of itchy groins  laughing****

I knew it! grin grin grin grin that 190 is so gay!
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by Nekai(f): 1:46am On Apr 30, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Wow! Really? Ok that means your culture is different from mine.

Maybe it's more of my personal belief because my mum thinks differently. If it were up to her all her friends and co-workers and aquaintences would attend. grin
Re: Royal Snub For The Obamas by MsPotato(f): 1:48am On Apr 30, 2011
Nekai:

Maybe it's more of my personal belief because my mum thinks differently. If it were up to her all her friends and co-workers and aquaintences would attend. grin

LOL! I have a feeling that your mother is a funny person grin grin grin

Like for my cukture, its the parents whom invites their friends because it is believe that if you invite older people, like in their mid 40's to 60 you will get more money from them cause guest's will give money on a wedding and the money should be enough to pay for the wedding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Beat 800 Russian Military Vehicles To Death / Ex British Soldier Becomes First Transgender Muslim / What It's Like To Be A Navy SEAL Sniper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.