Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! (8269 Views)

I Just Downgraded My Dstv After Feeling Cheated / My Dstv Now App As Stopped Working / How Can I Watch 2 Channels Concurrently With My Dstv Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! by LammyBillionz(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2021
Can some one please advice me.

My Dstv Explorer started showing esclamation mark and refuse to come on.

I have tried every means except going to Dstv to swap with 50k.

Please help
Re: My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! by meobizy(f): 5:02pm On May 25, 2021
I have tried every means except going to Dstv to swap with 50k.
How can somebody help another who knows the right thing but isn’t willing to follow through? That’s a feminine trait. Next time follow the right mode of action before seeking outside assistance.

You’re in luck because your decoder is not bad. The adapter which plugs into it is faulty. Disconnect it and head to an electronics store for a new one. I can’t remember if Multichoice still provides replacements, but most times I get them from third party retailers.
Re: My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! by dat9jaguy(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2021
meobizy:

How can somebody help another who knows the right thing but isn’t willing to follow through? That’s a feminine trait. Next time follow the right mode of action before seeking outside assistance.

You’re in luck because your decoder is not bad. The adapter which plugs into it is faulty. Disconnect it and head to an electronics store for a new one. I can’t remember if Multichoice still provides replacements, but most times I get them from third party retailers.

Hello, it seems you know about dstv decoders.
Please advise ;I have a decoder(bought since 2004) that is malfunctioning. Sometimes when you switch it on it will show some numbers, do as if it wants to scan then it will reboot and start the process again. This happens frequently but not always.
Any advice?
Re: My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! by meobizy(f): 6:10pm On May 25, 2021
dat9jaguy:

Hello, it seems you know about dstv decoders.
Please advise ;I have a decoder(bought since 2004) that is malfunctioning. Sometimes when you switch it on it will show some numbers, do as if it wants to scan then it will reboot and start the process again. This happens frequently but not always.
Any advice?
I’m a regular consumer like anybody here so can only give advice based on personal experience. If the decoder was purchased in 2004 (not 2014) then it’s safe to say you can throw it in the rubbish bin. The company most likely has discontinued its production and support. If purchased in 2014 you can take it to their service centre for a replacement model. However I believe they’ll still give the option of an upgrade since the company changes decoder models every four or five years.
Re: My Dstv Explorer Is Showing Red Exclamation Mark... Help!! by dat9jaguy(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2021
meobizy:

I’m a regular consumer like anybody here so can only give advice based on personal experience. If the decoder was purchased in 2004 (not 2014) then it’s safe to say you can throw it in the rubbish bin. The company most likely has discontinued its production and support. If purchased in 2014 you can take it to their service centre for a replacement model. However I believe they’ll still give the option of an upgrade since the company changes decoder models every four or five years.

Yeah actually purchased in 2004. I'll go to a service center for a replacement.
Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

"BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata / I Just Saw LUCA (2021) (download Link Available) / Where Can I Download "Men Who Built America" Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.