Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,784 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Any Female Programmers In The House? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Female Programmers In The House? (8696 Views)

Any Female Python Programmer Here?? / Do We Really Have Wizard Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Female Programmers In The House? by silverluci(f): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hi all, i am new both on nairaland and in the programming world. Apart from cramming codes like C++, Basic and Fortran from year one thru year three just to pass my courses, i recently started learning programming for real as am on IT. Having learnt the "markups" and javascript, i am now on php and i am so plain bored cos i don't have any inspiration to ginger me.makes me want to drop everything and maybe do some simpler stuff like hardware maintenance.
Also i have noticed that on this forum there are not enough ladies to ginger upcoming females like me.
is it really true that ladies are daft in this field? Ladies in the house, please state come out and tell us what you've learnt.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
It's really good to know you're learning how to program.

Am also new to programming -
am trying my hands on Python now, buh i know PHP a little(very little). Maybe i can help out- when you're stuck.
Watcha say.

The idea of a woman using her precious time to program - is fascinating!
Keep it up dear.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
cramming codes..lol
Thats the mistake ma non programmer friends in school always make. i always get a good laugh session when they talk about programming.

So, you know javascript...thats more than wonderful. You will pick up PHP in no time at all. Its one of the easiest languages and very linent. Coming from a javascript background, it would be very easy for you. Just a few changes in syntax. Don't lose hope ok, programming is a very beautiful and lazy choice of career. grin
Gives you a lot of freedom and a new perspective to problems and solutions (can we get a CTRL + F in hardcopy books embarassed ). For the lazy part, u'll feel stressed but the people around you will proclaim how lazy you're sitting in front of a computer system all day doing nothing...they said doing nothing, imagine undecided

Eeeeehmmm, female programmers... Wey that bebe, chillaz, i haven't even got to talk to her self.
And yawas aka yawa-ti-de (i still don't believe this one na female)

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by haruna1970(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
Check out the most beautiful girl on nairaland. You will get one there.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by supaeagles(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
i do like to wear a wrappa from time to time, does that count? grin grin
Java is my daily bread by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by wandeay: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
nice one
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by seyron: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
yea yea yea....am here a female programmer wt help exactly do u nid, programin is nt al abt cramin codes, if u r cramin codes u r smawgetin it wrng, programin is interestin f n only if u knw it,,,, if u knw it u cn neva b bore
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by llouis: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
seriously, u expect fishBrains to be able to program?
seriously?!?!?

miss op, am sure the dust used to create that casing of urs must have come from a very rare and unique source,
ladies would rather use their brains for less tasking chores, like gossiping, backbiting, more gossiping, pingin on their BBs,
and then they might watch a home video or 2 all in a bid to excite their unstable, epileptic emotions...
for a lady to love programming it simply means she's very logical and stupidly intelligent, i know one personally who's into java, and believe me when i say this, her IQ is probably twice mine.

as per programming, am into object oriented programming (actionscript 3.0) which i use in flash and flex builder

smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Tstark(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ op
It's gonna be hard for you to find a Nigerian woman that's into programming o. I've worked on a lot of IT projects and im yet to meet an African female programmer not talk of a Nigerian one. Most of the female programmers i meet are either chinese or Indian

embarassed

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
welcome on board.

Programming can be fun if you start off the right path by learning from the right people.
start here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-zzrqQoSE
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
seyron: yea yea yea....am here a female programmer wt help exactly do u nid, programin is nt al abt cramin codes, if u r cramin codes u r smawgetin it wrng, programin is interestin f n only if u knw it,,,, if u knw it u cn neva b bore

Hmmmm, another female hiding her skills grin
What's ya lingua franca

1 Like

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
haruna1970: Check out the most beautiful girl on nairaland. You will get one there.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by silverluci(f): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
seyron: yea yea yea....am here a female programmer wt help exactly do u nid, programin is nt al abt cramin codes, if u r cramin codes u r smawgetin it wrng, programin is interestin f n only if u knw it,,,, if u knw it u cn neva b bore
for real! Wat av u learnt, i wld lik to kw. Also wat inspired u.
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
llouis: seriously, u expect fishBrains to be able to program?
seriously?!?!?

miss op, am sure the dust used to create that casing of urs must have come from a very rare and unique source,
ladies would rather use their brains for less tasking chores, like gossiping, backbiting, more gossiping, pingin on their BBs,
and then they might watch a home video or 2 all in a bid to excite their unstable, epileptic emotions...
for a lady to love programming it simply means she's very logical and stupidly intelligent, i know one personally who's into java, and believe me when i say this, her IQ is probably twice mine.

as per programming, am into object oriented programming (actionscript 3.0) which i use in flash and flex builder

You can't expect women to want to develop their intellectual abilities in a country where men are scared of female intellectuals and marriage is considered a life and death issue.

4 Likes

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Enoquin(f): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
Congrats Silverluci... I am so proud of you winkCongrats Silverluci... I am so proud of you
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by silverluci(f): 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
so wait o. I dt understand. Are ther no female programmers one this forum xcept one.? Thats shocking!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Javanian: 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
silverluci: so wait o. I dt understand. Are ther no female programmers one this forum xcept one.? Thats shocking!
whats shocking??.?? grin
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by silverluci(f): 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Enoquin: Congrats Silverluci... I am so proud of you winkCongrats Silverluci... I am so proud of you
*blushes and batting lashes* c'mmon, dat was nothing
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by pendo89(f): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
oh mehn,if u were where i am ul have landed urself a job.
a friend is searching exactly for somebody like u.

congrats really,it's a tough thing. Would rather construct a road than do it. grin
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by afrikanns: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=Tstark]@ op
It's gonna be hard for you to find a Nigerian woman that's into programming o. I've worked on a lot of IT projects and im yet to meet an African female programmer not talk of a Nigerian one. Most of the female programmers i meet are either chinese or Indian

won ni fe pa lori !
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Javanian: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
All those claiming female programmers here how come you are never at the programming section?? angry
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by silverluci(f): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
Javanian:
whats shocking??.?? grin
jst tot women love challenges and wld take up wat men wld ordinarily do. Its jst so disapointin
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by afrikanns: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
Won ni fe pa lori ke!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by chikk(f): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
silverluci: so wait o. I dt understand. Are ther no female programmers one this forum xcept one? Thats shocking!

What's shocking and who is the "one"?
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by Javanian: 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
silverluci: jst tot women love challenges and wld take up wat men wld ordinarily do. Its jst so disapointin
Nigeria girls are always in the marketing department...Doing what they know how to do best...manipulating people to spend their money grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by purplekayc(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
would be really surprised grin grin grin
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by purplekayc(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Javanian:
Nigeria girls are always in the marketing department...Doing what they know how to do best...manipulating people to spend their money grin grin

LMOA!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by wesley80(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
@topic, I see you guys are yet to meet Kobojunkie aka The Nairaland Menace!( google or ask around) If you guys can just get her in here, I promise you won't regret it and for bonus points after she comes in, try to keep her out!
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by spikesC(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
Javanian:

Gbam!!!!

And it perfectly fits them cool
Re: Any Female Programmers In The House? by llouis: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
You can't expect women to want to develop their intellectual abilities in a country where men are scared of female intellectuals and marriage is considered a life and death issue.

so o, for your mind u don give correct eXcuse why women cannot and will not program abi?

fish-brains would rather use their time exhibiting all the qualites of a fish instead of tasking their brains manipulating a programming language.

am really sure there are some super intelligent naija babe programmers out there, but, the last time i asked google, the tin hang!

shocked angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI / Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.