Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,862 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out (13317 Views)

Mkhitaryan May Not Play Europa Final In Azerbaijan Because He Is Armenian / Samuel Chukwueze May Play Against South Africa / Aguero Fit Again To Face Iheanacho, Ndidi In EPL Clash On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by ogbiwa: 4:20pm On May 26, 2021
Samuel Chukwueze is in line to make his Villarreal return in Wednesday’s Europa League final against Manchester United.

The Nigeria international was among the Yellow Submarine squad that landed in Gdansk, Poland – where the winner will be decided.

The 22-year-old was stretchered off in pain during the second leg last-four clash against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium as his team held their hosts to a goalless draw.

A 2-1 win from the first-leg helped them advance to the final and they will battle the Red Devils for the European crown inside the Miejski Stadium.

In the wake of the problem, he missed matches against Celta Vigo, Real Valladolid, Sevilla and Real Madrid.

“Medical tests carried out on Samuel Chukwueze have confirmed muscular damage to the quadriceps in his left leg, which he picked up during the second leg of the Uefa Europa League semi-final against Arsenal FC," a club statement read.

"The recovery time depends on the player's progress.”

With the latest development, Chukwueze is in contention for Unai Emery’s side after recovering from the injury setback.

The youngster has been a key part of Emery's selection this season and he recently rediscovered his goalscoring boots with three goals in his last four Spanish elite division outings.

Overall, the winger has contributed five goals and six assists in 39 matches across all competitions in the 2020-21 campaign.

In the Spanish top flight, Villarreal finished a disappointing seventh after accruing 58 points from 38 matches played.

Against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team, Chukwueze would be hoping to win his first major title with Villarreal since joining them from Diamond Football Academy after helping Nigeria win the 2017 Fifa U17 World Cup in Chile.

Meanwhile Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not expecting Harry Maguire to feature in the continental clash with Villarreal.

The England defender has remained a serious doubt for Manchester United for their Europa League final clash with Villarreal, and has been told that he will need to train on Tuesday in order to have any hope of playing in the continental showpiece.

Given the England international defender is nursing ankle ligament damage and has not played since hobbling out of the win at Aston Villa on May 9, the expectation is that the Red Devils will be without their captain today.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/fit-again-chukwueze-in-line-for-villarreal-return-against/1uu7y8w7ufchc1gvactvzryt8n

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Chloraseptic: 4:48pm On May 26, 2021
Nigeria players plying their trade in Europe hardly lose finals..

I won't say a word

11 Likes

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by largehead: 5:18pm On May 26, 2021

The god of Oshoala, iheanacho, ndidi, will not disappoint Chukweze.

MODIFIED

grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by obasi101(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2021
Manchester united ll lose to villarreal foxes, and chelsea ll win manchester City to lift d CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Trophy.

Like for chelsea
Share for Man U grin

75 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by shopwiser: 5:18pm On May 26, 2021
Today is the first day I'm in support of village people ooo cheesy.. Man United gats win

2 Likes

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by jasmine1600: 5:18pm On May 26, 2021
Is DSTV showing this match?
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by youngllleo: 5:19pm On May 26, 2021
i pray he wins it!
would love to see dat overhyped shaw against dribble minded chukwueze!
watching man u lose is soo exciting nd gives me joy!
UP BLUES!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Knox123(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2021
cheesy

Villarreal is a strong opponent so I can't say who will lift the cup between both teams but I am rooting for GGMU.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by abobote: 5:19pm On May 26, 2021
It won't change anything, Man U, will still carry the day

3 Likes

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by WibusJaga: 5:20pm On May 26, 2021
Wish all key players are available. Don't want excuses from the loser.

1 Like

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Nathaniel111(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2021
We shall see it all in less 3hours. Too much of hype no good.
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by constance500: 5:21pm On May 26, 2021
Maguire cry
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by abobote: 5:21pm On May 26, 2021
largehead:

The god of Oshoala, iheanacho, ndidi, will not disappoint Chukweze.

Stop calling God's name in vain

2 Likes

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 26, 2021
cheesy
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Fagerinyemi: 5:22pm On May 26, 2021
We shall see it all in less 3hours. Too much of hype no good.
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by kennethfranc(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2021
God wey do am for Iheanacho, go do am for you...
You go score buh u no go win

Rashford gashi 🏆 🏆
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:25pm On May 26, 2021
Dilemma... But Man u for life
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 26, 2021
No maguire??

United, please we need serious prayers because villa are going to play like their lives depend on it,
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Chatflick(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2021
If you have an Ebay account registered 2018 or below, WhatsApp me. I'll buy it if you want to sell. Link in my signature
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Emeka71(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
I don't think Manchester united can win this Europa league and I strongly believe that Man-city shall win the final at weekend.
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by sylve11: 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
obasi101:
Manchester united ll lose to villarreal foxes, and chelsea ll win manchester City to lift d CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Trophy.

Like for chelsea
Share for Man U grin

You won't get half like from me. Like and share finish you there. angry cool
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by rawtouch: 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
cool

chukwueze to score
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by Seniorwriter(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
Nice one
Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by obembet(f): 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
It's all English affair, I stand with Manchester United

Manchester United to win 4-1

1 Like

Re: Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out by geesilver(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2021
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
As the reds go marching on on on!

Just like the busby babes in days gone by,
We'll keep the red flags flying high,
Your gonna see us all from far and wide,
Your gonna hear the masses sing with pride.

United, Man united,
We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley

In Seventy-Seven it was Docherty
Atkinson will make it Eighty-Three
And everyone will no just who we are,
They'll be singing que sera sera

United, Man united,
We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley

Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,

Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,

Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA U-17 Female World Cup: Flamingos Defeat Chile 2-1, Reach Quarter-Finals / Kylian Mbappe Tests Positive For COVID-19 / EPL: Awoniyi Nets Winner For Nottingham Forest On Full Premier League Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.