Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,378 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

How To Cope With A Difficult Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Cope With A Difficult Boss (11387 Views)

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? / Strategies For Dealing With Difficult Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by pocohantas(f): 9:56pm On May 27, 2021
You can either resign or stand up to him/her.

I almost did the former, then I made a U-turn and did the latter. It was a memorable day at work. He just kept looking at me, everybody left the unit for two of is that day. He was replying and I was giving him back immediately. Then I told him to give me the query, e no go pass am.

He never did.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Seniorwriter(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2021
@OP why not strategies on " HOW TO BE YOUR OWN BOSS"! Stop wasting your time on trying to comprehend or cope with your boss rather direct your energy on how to position yourself to become a Boss.

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by IvarDboneless: 10:13pm On May 27, 2021
Having same issue with my boss she doesn't wanna hear you but there's one thing I have come to realize, and it's working for me.
1. I don't always want to express my self so I am just yes sir and yes ma
2. The moment you realize your opinion doesn't count to this kind of bosses the better for you cus if you are so intelligent you wouldn't be working for them you should probably be running your own company
3. Always be bold to speak when he wants you to with enough sir and ma at the end of each sentence.
4. Never you get close whenever they are pissed even if you have a report, just text them or leave it on there table
5. Lastly, always concentrate on your job and be professional don't try creating unnecessary bond for friendship cus it will never happen, these will keep them wondering what kind of human are you.

Note: all these stated above are if you dey chop wella from them ohh or your pay make sense no be for people way dey collect peanuts...

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Lilpen3758: 10:29pm On May 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
baba any update?
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by BigBashiru: 10:34pm On May 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
If the pay is ok, then manage him like that. General Abdusalam once told Abacha you can never be wrong sir, even if you're wrong, you're right, he ended up succeeding him as president.

Just answer him yes sir, and do whatever he tells you to do, whether you agree with his idea of not, just do it. After all you're not living under the same roof, so why are you complaining?

If both of you don't reach a common ground I see you loosing your job, and considering the millions of graduates in the employment market, I see you struggling to make ends meet.

This I have seen.

If there is lockdown and insecurity and your boss says you should meet him in person but you prefer zoom, how would you handle this?
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by HottieCoach(f): 10:44pm On May 27, 2021
AmgrayLogistics:
I think the best thing to do is knowing what gets him/her angry and abstaining from them

Amgray Logistics

Just out of curiousity,
How do you know what gets him angry?
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by elbarond(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2021
Kidnap his son, then command him to stop being unsatisfied at work. Release his child but tell him to start being good ... good and polite to his workers or next time you would not release the child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by 3Hopeblog(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2021
Had the same issue with one idiot I worked with. I kept sucking it up till I got a job. He started acting cool when I got a new job and submitted my resignation letter. On my last day the idiot wanted to act same way like he always did, I talked him down and left the office.

Most of these type of bosses suffer inferiority complex and depression but put on strong man behavior to cover it up. Your mental health is a priority bro.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by SolarEdge: 11:01pm On May 27, 2021
JUST FIRE HIM...QED
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by 99thEnemy(m): 11:18pm On May 27, 2021
olaogunt:
Good day everyone,
How can one cope with a difficult boss that is not ready to listen to you when he is angry. and I need to express myself as well
Kindly advice me. Thanks
Sorry, I only know how to handle young hawt sexy female boss's grin
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Lexusgs430: 12:34am On May 28, 2021
olaogunt:
Good day everyone,
How can one cope with a difficult boss that is not ready to listen to you when he is angry. and I need to express myself as well
Kindly advice me. Thanks

Quit the job.......

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by AOTEMN: 1:20am On May 28, 2021
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed kiss undecided undecided undecided595+
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by phemmyfour: 4:29am On May 28, 2021
olaogunt:
Good day everyone,
Kindly advice me. Thanks
When the matter don cool off, you can now express yourself

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Cutehector(m): 5:14am On May 28, 2021
I'm setting up my franchise, and when i am done, this is what i will say.

Goest and fuckest thyself!
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by ekevwe(m): 5:41am On May 28, 2021
olaogunt:
Good day everyone,
Kindly advice me. Thanks

Don't reply him, just do your job with integrity. Greet him when he is close to you not when he is far or you going to meet him to do eye service. See how he will respect you

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Sulaizio1: 7:54am On May 28, 2021
You have said it all
Davidski:
Get to know his/her Do's & Don't.

Get all your assigned work done to avoid loopholes on your part.

Learn to listen more and talkless.

Lastly, Learn to mind your own business.
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Whoknowsme: 9:07am On May 28, 2021
Promismike:
Bro, bosses don't like you responding when they are angry.

The best response is say nothing. Just make sure u do your work as he ask you to. Mind you, they are also hardly satisfied.
Exactly!! I had one like that in my former place of work. Had to quit.
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Buffalo2(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2021
All of you should come together and tender your resignation letter same day. If he tries to select those to recall, insist that since you all decided to resign together, all of you must be recalled together.
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by lilmaydee(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
If the pay is ok, then manage him like that. General Abdusalam once told Abacha you can never be wrong sir, even if you're wrong, you're right, he ended up succeeding him as president.

Just answer him yes sir, and do whatever he tells you to do, whether you agree with his idea of not, just do it. After all you're not living under the same roof, so why are you complaining?

If both of you don't reach a common ground I see you loosing your job, and considering the millions of graduates in the employment market, I see you struggling to make ends meet.

This I have seen.

What if they are leaving under the same roof - as in the boss provides accommodation?
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by HottieCoach(f): 9:02am On May 29, 2021
Buffalo2:
All of you should come together and tender your resignation letter same day. If he tries to select those to recall, insist that since you all decided to resign together, all of you must be recalled together.

Someone would tip “Boss” off
Someone would love to play a “take advantage of the situation “ game.

who’s gonna feed
“you all?”

What i mean is, you do not know the other person’s savings balance..
All man for himself.
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by EverythingFit: 9:50am On May 29, 2021
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by Buffalo2(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2021
HottieCoach:

Someone would tip “Boss” off
Someone would want love to play a “take advantage of the situation “ game.

who’s gonna feed
“you all?”

What i mean is, you do not know the other person’s savings balance..

it's true sha
Re: How To Cope With A Difficult Boss by olaogunt(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2021
Thanks for sharing your experiences with me, he is lebanese and will never change, the best is just to save enough and quit his work for me to have chance to hustle on my own. Thanks everyonefor sharing your useful ideas and experiences. One love!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Commercial Diving Career Looks Like? / Osun Govt To Pay 3months Salaries From Mondayl / 10 Ways To Have A More Successful Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.