Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding (1482 Views)

Programming Is Not Fun And To Make It Fun / How To Make Money Online From Coding Or Programming / CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 9:56pm On May 27, 2021
I love coding but it ain't working for me so far ,i have been learning coding since 2019 but no little achievement to show off with now i have started learning panel better just to have a skillset now i don't know how to make it in life apart from coding which is difficult for me to learn and i don't have time again since i have start panel better so what i need from you guyz is to advise me what i can do to succedd in life apart coding
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2021
Honestly with regards to Nigeria nothing especially if you are from a very less privileged background. The thing with mechanic work I used to be one is that where you can get money fixing big men motors. You can't get such jobs without connections. Sometimes you need to belong to specific cults to get such contracts. Weird things happen in these cults like having sex with men and other really weird shit. If you are going to be working on cars for average Nigerians then I am afraid making money will be very tough. My street alone has over 200 panel beaters. If your prices are too much no one will patronise you. So you would practically be doing work at the same price as others. Not easy at all.

I recommend that you learn a trade. Go to ladipo or alaba or any major market find an Igbo man and join him in his business. It takes long but they teach you the rudiments of business especially how to succeed in a hopeless market like Nigeria. If you insist on still getting a skill, then look towards phone or laptop repairs. Go to computer village and volunteer yourself as an apprentice to any shop. At least the skill will give you access to a laptop and you make more money fixing phones than fixing cars at least in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by stanliwise(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2021
Cybercop2002:
I love coding but it ain't working for me so far ,i have been learning coding since 2019 but no little achievement to show off with now i have started learning panel better just to have a skillset now i don't know how to make it in life apart from coding which is difficult for me to learn and i don't have time again since i have start panel better so what i need from you guyz is to advise me what i can do to succedd in life apart coding
Hard work, smartness and dedication is enough to make any man succeed
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by The5DME(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Honestly with regards to Nigeria nothing especially if you are from a very less privileged background. The thing with mechanic work I used to be one is that where you can get money fixing big men motors. You can't get such jobs without connections. Sometimes you need to belong to specific cults to get such contracts. Weird things happen in these cults like having sex with men and other really weird shit. If you are going to be working on cars for average Nigerians then I am afraid making money will be very tough. My street alone has over 200 panel beaters. If your prices are too much no one will patronise you. So you would practically be doing work at the same price as others. Not easy at all.

I recommend that you learn a trade. Go to ladipo or alaba or any major market find an Igbo man and join him in his business. It takes long but they teach you the rudiments of business especially how to succeed in a hopeless market like Nigeria. If you insist on still getting a skill, then look towards phone or laptop repairs. Go to computer village and volunteer yourself as an apprentice to any shop. At least the skill will give you access to a laptop and you make more money fixing phones than fixing cars at least in naija.
Even the phone repair sef there's no money there. Except you're fixing those high end phones, there's no money in phone repair. Abi na infinix screen of 6500, u charge 10k na I'm be money? I learnt that work for 6 months and I know the ins and outs of it. Most of the phone repair guys are in the same conditions as the panel beaters you described above.

1 Like

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:54pm On May 27, 2021
The5DME:

Even the phone repair sef there's no money there. Except you're fixing those high end phones, there's no money in phone repair. Abi na infinix screen of 6500, u charge 10k na I'm be money? I learnt that work for 6 months and I know the ins and outs of it. Most of the phone repair guys are in the same conditions as the panel beaters you described above.
Omho wahala dey o. I thought they had money o. There's a very huge oversupply of artisans in Nigeria o and the economy isn't making things funny.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Franzinni: 10:55pm On May 27, 2021
Read this book... The richest man in Babylon.

It will broaden your mind alittle ... There is money in programming.. if you know how to target.

Besides that is the future .. every device will need to run on some software programmed by people like you and me.

1 Like

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by The5DME(m): 10:56pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=tensazangetsu20 post=102127256]
Omho wahala dey o. I thought they had money o. There's a very huge oversupply of artisans in Nigeria o and the economy isn't making things funny.[/quotei swear bro. I had to quit the thing sef as I saw no future in it. My laptop will soon arrive In a few months time. It's Coding or nothing oh. We die here.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:57pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=The5DME post=102127314][/quote]
Once you get it buzz me. You can take some of my courses I used.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by The5DME(m): 10:58pm On May 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Thank you sir.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by jesmond3945: 11:08pm On May 27, 2021
Cybercop2002:
well if you are not solving problems with coding it will not benefit you. Also you have to do some projects and have a github page to be able to make it.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 11:32pm On May 27, 2021
stanliwise:

Hard work, smartness and dedication is enough to make any man succeed
am all if this above but dont understand my life
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by stanliwise(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2021
Cybercop2002:
am all if this above but dont understand my life
well let’s talk about the coding. You have been coding quite already.
How pragmatic are your portfolio?
Can someone use your portfolio for a real life project?

1 Like

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 11:54pm On May 27, 2021
stanliwise:
well let’s talk about the coding. You have been coding quite already.
How pragmatic are your portfolio?
Can someone use your portfolio for a real life project?
i dont have any portfolio i got stucked at javascript since last 2 years ,maybe coding isn't not for me and i wanna travel out of the country
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by stanliwise(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2021
Cybercop2002:
i dont have any portfolio i got stucked at javascript since last 2 years ,maybe coding isn't not for me and i wanna travel out of the country
There is no word as got stuck for 2 years in JavaScript. You didn’t want to press forward.

It safer you say you don’t wanna be a programmer than saying it didn’t work out for you. No portfolio, no project. Guess you were joking around then. Meanwhile then it means you didn’t start since 2019. You started and stopped at 2019

5 Likes

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:02am On May 28, 2021
stanliwise:

There is no word as got stuck for 2 years in JavaScript. You didn’t want to press forward.

It safer you say you don’t wanna be a programmer than saying it didn’t work out for you. No portfolio, no project. Guess you were joking around then. Meanwhile then it means you didn’t start since 2019. You started and stopped at 2019
sir i wanna be a coder that is my all time goal and the only way i believe i can make it ,though i do quit many time and get back to it again but i just don't understand what is wrong am passionate about coding ,pls help me
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by stanliwise(m): 12:08am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
sir i wanna be a coder that is my all time goal and the only way i believe i can make it ,though i do quit many time and get back to it again but i just don't understand what is wrong am passionate about coding ,pls help me
Well I am suspecting you kicked off with a bad fundamental journey. Probably used poor resources(W3school and fast-lane resources) or maybe you were just distracted with fancy stuff. That moment we call a kid in the candy shop

1 Like

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:13am On May 28, 2021
stanliwise:

Well I am suspecting you kicked off with a bad fundamental journey. Probably used poor resources(W3school and fast-lane resources) or maybe you were just distracted with fancy stuff. That moment we call a kid in the candy shop
i don't understand those kid candy thing but it seem related to me,sir i wanna be an app developer pls show me the way or guide me through
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by stanliwise(m): 12:18am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
i don't understand those kid candy thing but it seem related to me,sir i wanna be an app developer pls show me the way or guide me through
Well there is no way except understanding the fundamental knowledge of app development.
You need to understand common things. By understanding I mean able to be able understand concept such as
Array,
loops,
Functions,
decisions,
variables,
OOP,
Data structure,

And how to use this basic knowledge to atleast write fundamental codes to achieve an aim.

1 Like

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:24am On May 28, 2021
stanliwise:

Well there is no way except understanding the fundamental knowledge of app development.
You need to understand common things. By understanding I mean able to be able understand concept such as
Array,
loops,
Functions,
decisions,
variables,
OOP,
Data structure,

And how to use this basic knowledge to atleast write fundamental codes to achieve an aim.
i learnt all this but don't know how to use it but now its getting late and am over dedicate now, i have 2 option in mind should i learn dart or python though in the future i will move to cyber security but as of now i wanna learn 1 of this 2
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by GeneralDae: 12:31am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
i learnt all this but don't know how to use it but now its getting late and am over dedicate now, i have 2 option in mind should i learn dart or python though in the future i will move to cyber security but as of now i wanna learn 1 of this 2
First ask yourself what you want to do.

Dart is for Mobile App Development.
Python is best for Data Science, Machine learning, and A.I.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:37am On May 28, 2021
GeneralDae:

First ask what yourself want you want to do

Dart is for Mobile App Development.
Python is best for Data Science, Machine learning, and A.I.
what i wanna do is app development so tell what long to learn
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by GeneralDae: 12:44am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
what i wanna do is app development so tell what long to learn
For Mobile App Development, you can learn Dart and flutter framework. However, it is also good to learn either Java/Kotlin (for native android) or Swift (for Apple) in addition.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:45am On May 28, 2021
GeneralDae:

For Mobile App Development, you can learn Dart and flutter framework. However, it is also good to learn either Java/Kotlin (for native android) or Swift (for Apple).
ok thanks but from your experience which one should i go with
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by GeneralDae: 12:47am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
ok thanks but from your experience which one should i go with
I just told you what to go with in the post you quoted nah.
You'll have to know the type of App you wanna make. Android App?
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Cybercop2002: 12:49am On May 28, 2021
GeneralDae:

I just told you what to go with in the post you quoted nah.
thanks i go with dart
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by GeneralDae: 12:52am On May 28, 2021
Cybercop2002:
thanks i go with dart
Cool. Useful for cross platform development.
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Uzomacharles: 5:36am On May 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I need
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by von02: 11:04am On May 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I am interested too.Are you into web development? Which one exactly sir
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Ajibade123(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
what's up bro please can you list the learning curve to learn WordPress please I would really appreciate
note: I am quite good in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap and react
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2021
Ajibade123:

what's up bro
please can you list the learning curve to learn WordPress
please I would really appreciate

note: I am quite good in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap and react
Just learn the basics of PHP and use the wordpress codex to learn how to build themes and plugins. Since you know React, look up the Gatsby documentation for headless Wordpress. Building Wordpress sites with React and WordPress as your backend.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by Ajibade123(m): 1:56pm On May 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Just learn the basics of PHP and use the wordpress codex to learn how to build themes and plugins. Since you know React, look up the Gatsby documentation for headless Wordpress. Building Wordpress sites with React and WordPress as your backend.
thanks bro
do you have any materials??
Re: Other Ways To Make It In Life As Part From Coding by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:57pm On May 28, 2021
Ajibade123:

thanks bro
do you have any materials??
At all that's how I learnt. From now on, only documentation can help. I have not seen any material I can recommend to anybody.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sun Java Studio Creator 2.0 / Meet Temzy-the Mtn Nigeria Bot / How Do I Convert Csv File To Graph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.