Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? (27209 Views)

History Of YAGBA Kogi State / Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos / Which State Are You From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by macof(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
nouveaux: As for u op, shey u dont have a yoruba name ni? So until ur dad told you before u knew? Or u dont go home for xmas etc? U havent noticed they speak the language at home? Just curious why u were excited to opeb this thread then

grin grin maybe the distinctions in Yoruba and Yagba language confused him
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Emmyk(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
nouveaux: As for u op, shey u dont have a yoruba name ni? So until ur dad told you before u knew? Or u dont go home for xmas etc? U havent noticed they speak the language at home? Just curious why u were excited to opeb this thread then

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Emmyk(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
macof:

grin grin maybe the distinctions in Yoruba and Yagba language confused him
Maybe. grin cheesy Or for Posterity. wink
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Emmyk: im oyibo kid, with one eye and mouth open d.
wen did u become one? Huhn
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Emmyk(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2013
nouveaux:
wen did u become one? Huhn
Just answer my previous question, im curious.
You quoted what I never typed and you are awaiting my answer? Man, ur a joke. cool

By the way, read my signature below. wink
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 29, 2013
DP
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by AndreUweh(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
macof:

Ilaje are fully Oodua people even though they have part ijo origin they are more Yoruba than ijo

Just like Onitcha that has a Bini origin are now fully Igbo, and also some Anioma are of Ife and bini origin

Biko, be careful on Onitsha origin here. What you have written is as thrash as someone claiming that the Jews have Egyptian origin.
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by macof(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Biko, be careful on Onitsha origin here. What you have written is as thrash as someone claiming that the Jews have Egyptian origin.

Lol you never see where onitcha dey claim 'ife aborigine'?

Anyway Eze chima(onitcha's first king) was from bini- So I read from a bini source. Tho it seems bini like to claim all first kings was from their land as they even claim Oduduwa

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Emmyk(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
nouveaux:
@mascof, the languages arent that distinct, I have heard both spoken. So over to u baba yagba
Yes, that's true. Just little differences between the two languages.

I guess you heard the 'modern' one we city people speak, not the original one spoken in the towns.

Like Knife. It's Obe in Yoruba. We city people call it Obe too, buh my hometown folks call it ISIN. cheesy

Cow. Maalu in Yoruba and my version of Yagba too. But in my town, they call it EELA. cheesy

Also, there is a word, in which most yoruba speakers cant call, only Yagba people can. The English word for it is COME.

Most yorubas call it WA.

In yagba, it's pronounced like GHA. Inshort, I dont know how to type it, because it's not GA or JA. cheesy

Yagba rhythm is sweet sort of. wink

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by aljharem(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Emmyk:
Yes, that's true. Just little differences between the two languages.

I guess you heard the 'modern' one we city people speak, not the original one spoken in the towns.

Like Knife. It's Obe in Yoruba. We city people call it Obe too, buh my hometown folks call it ISIN. cheesy

Cow. Maalu in Yoruba and my version of Yagba too. But in my town, they call it EELA. cheesy

Also, there is a word, in which most yoruba speakers cant call, only Yagba people can. The English word for it is COME.

Most yorubas call it WA.

In yagba, it's pronounced like GHA. Inshort, I dont know how to type it, because it's not GA or JA. cheesy

Yagba rhythm is sweet sort of. wink

It's like that for every dialect. You don't even want to imagine mine

grin grin grin grin lol

3 Likes

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by OJODEL10(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
alj harem:

It's like that for every dialect. You don't even want to imagine mine

grin grin grin grin lol
I LLIKE YORUBA LANGUAGE DIVERSITY, ESPECIALLY IN IJESA DIALECT WHERE U IS USED INSTEAD OF I AND O INSTEAD E, AS IN ULU INSTEAD OF ILU, ULE INSTEAD OF ILU, ONIYAN INSTEAD OF ENIYAN.

2 Likes

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by AndreUweh(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
macof:

Lol you never see where onitcha dey claim 'ife aborigine'?

Anyway Eze chima(onitcha's first king) was from bini- So I read from a bini source. Tho it seems bini like to claim all first kings was from their land as they even claim Oduduwa
Eze Chima was Igbo and not Bini. The Igbo who left Bini to settle in Onitsha were Igbo people and spoke Igbo upon arrival as well as had Igbo names.
Put simply, They were Igbo who left to sojourn in Bini and later came back home. Just like the Hebrews were in Canaan, through Joseph they migrated to Egypt and was led back later by Moses/Joshuah.

2 Likes

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 30, 2013
Interesting. But the yoruba people especially the osuns/oguns/oyos and lagos will never accept Okun people as yorubas. Quite sad. Dey refer to dem as either Ebira or sumtin else.
Ekiti and Ondo still accept tgem, maybe cause of the boundaries shared.
I dont know where to place kwara.
Inshort, we are all citizens of the Earth, I wonder why the artificial separation. Even tho its political, many dont see it that way.

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Emmyk(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2013
You are absolutely correct. cool

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by aljharem(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
OJODEL10: I LLIKE YORUBA LANGUAGE DIVERSITY, ESPECIALLY IN IJESA DIALECT WHERE U IS USED INSTEAD OF I AND O INSTEAD E, AS IN ULU INSTEAD OF ILU, ULE INSTEAD OF ILU, ONIYAN INSTEAD OF ENIYAN.
. Looool love the diversity

Examples

Yoruba = bawo ni
Lagos awori = bawa

Yoruba = omi
Lagos awori = mire for water

Etc

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by aljharem(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
nouveaux: Interesting. But the yoruba people especially the osuns/oguns/oyos and lagos will never accept Okun people as yorubas. Quite sad. Dey refer to dem as either Ebira or sumtin else.
Inshort, we are all citizens of the Earth, I wonder why the artificial separation. Even tho its political, many dont see it that way.
. And are we not going to accept them ? Are they not Yorubas ? Smh

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
alj harem: . And are we not going to accept them ? Are they not Yorubas ? Smh
i
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by macof(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Eze Chima was Igbo and not Bini. The Igbo who left Bini to settle in Onitsha were Igbo people and spoke Igbo upon arrival as well as had Igbo names.
Put simply, They were Igbo who left to sojourn in Bini and later came back home. Just like the Hebrews were in Canaan, through Joseph they migrated to Egypt and was led back later by Moses/Joshuah.

good to know.

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by macof(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
nouveaux: Interesting. But the yoruba people especially the osuns/oguns/oyos and lagos will never accept Okun people as yorubas. Quite sad. Dey refer to dem as either Ebira or sumtin else.

That's why Nigeria is not a good thing for Yoruba people. Our brothers in Kwara and Kogi states are finding it difficult to be identified

1 Like

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Eh
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by macof(m): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
nouveaux:
the hate is just too much.
Were do you rep?

I rep Ekiti

3 Likes

Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by A190(f): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Fynestboi
Dominique
This is educative
Re: So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? by A190(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Fynestboi
Decibel
amor4ce
Dominique
Fulaman198
Odumchi
bigfrancis
This is educative

(1) (2) (Reply)

King Edward Asimini Celebrates 20 Years On The Throne In Bonny Kingdom / Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? / Ooni Of Ife Hosts American Delegates At His Palace In Osun State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.