Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? (27186 Views)

Festival Of Fire @erema Community Of Onelga Lga, Rivers State(photos) / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Land And The People Of Osun: History, Facts And Fugures . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by abdulizom(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
I never meant to be tribalistic, but i find this amazing.
I came to Omoku in Onelga by the year 2008, it was a surprising thing to me, that Land is sold to Yoruba, Hausa and any other tribes but Igbos'.
I have over time tried to ask, the reason behind it. All i got as a response was that, they've been badly betrayed in past by Igbos. So no room for chances.
Onelga as a L.G.A, is sharing common boundary with Ohaji\Egbema of Imo State.
Judging by that proximity, is it better to conclude that, they know them better or is it just been acientic?
COS NO IGBO MAN, NO MATTER THE STATUS GETS LAND IN OGBA
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Ngodigha1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
abdul izom: I never meant to be tribalistic, but i find this amazing.
I came to Omoku in Onelga by the year 2008, it was a surprising thing to me, that Land is sold to Yoruba, Hausa and any other tribes but Igbos'.
I have over time tried to ask, the reason behind it. All i got as a response was that, they've been badly betrayed in past by Igbos. So no room for chances.
Judging by that proximity, is it better to conclude that, they know them better or is it just been acientic?
Monkey, common shut up your stinking mouth. Every fool wants cheap popularity in nairaland by coming up with one crap about Igbo.
In ONELGA, you still have Egbema people whose other Egbema kins are in Imo state. So by your idiotic logic, Igbo does not sell land to Igbo.
Monkey, get a life, idiott.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2012
Still a misplaced war survival strategy aimed at creating a new ethnic group free from anti-Igbo sentiments. Onelga is just a continuation of the eastern part of the riverine Igbo which starts from Ogbaru in Anambra and extends past Egbema-Oguta in Imo to Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni in Rivers. We are all the same people. In the past the same Nzeobi was ruling the entire Egbema but we now have a different Nzeobi for Rivers and different for Imo. Well done to our dividers. Unu emela.

The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States)
The balkanization of Egbema into two different States (Imo and Rivers States) is another constraint to infrastructural and economic development of Egbema Community. Making a case for the re-unification of Egbema into one State, the[b] Nzeobi of Egbema, HRM, Eze S. N. A. Uzor (Late) at the
1975 Justice Irikefe panel on the creation of new States and boundaries adjustment stressed that, “
it was suicidal as well as criminal to split the inseparable and indivisible Egbema just to satisfy the
whims and caprices of politicians.”[/b]
The backwardness of Egbema kingdom is an aftermath of thisdivide. While tangible indices of development exist in Egbema Rivers, that of their kith and kin inImo state are sordid. On many occasions, Egbema in Imo State - a bona fide member of the lowerNiger Delta
 – 
have been excluded from beneficial schemes given to the Niger Delta region. During the passage of the NDDC bill in 2000, Egbema in Imo State almost lost its inclusion in the NDDCbill, but for painstaking and cost involving efforts of prominent politicians and power moguls of Egbema extract. Worth mentioning is the legislative dexterity and tenacity of Hon. Tony Okere Eze and the Oguta-breed Senator Arthur Nzeribe, who were at the then National Assembly.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60363903/Oil-Activity-in-Egbema

The part in Imo refused to disclaim Igbo and hence are treated badly by the Federal Government. The more you disclaim Igbo, the more your gain. The original Nzeobi(Eze or Igwe) stool for the entire Egbema is in Imo State but a parallel was created by FG in Rivers to divide and cause enmity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by abdulizom(m): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Monkey, common shut up your stinking mouth. Every fool wants cheap popularity in nairaland by coming up with one crap about Igbo.
In ONELGA, you still have Egbema people whose other Egbema kins are in Imo state. So by your idiotic logic, Igbo does not sell land to Igbo.
Monkey, get a life, idiott.

WHY THIS HARSH COMMENT, ARE U A VICTIM OR UR FATHER?
Pls, let us know

w wEe
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
People just come up with all sorts of lies to discredit Igbos. If Northerners can sell land to Igbos then why not an Igbo clan? Quit spreeading falsehood and get a life.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Ngodigha1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
abdul izom:

WHY THIS HARSH COMMENT, ARE U A VICTIM OR UR FATHER?
Pls, let us know

w wEe
Would it not sound insane if one bingo starts a thread claiming Ijebus don't sale land to Yorubas.People like you make outsiders see nairaland as congegational ground for mad people.
Bring some sanity to nairaland biko.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by abdulizom(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
You can disprove me by making an inquiry, not by castigation.
This is a reality, no Igbo can buy a single plot of land in Omoku and Onelga as whole.
Confirm it, this is a world of info tech.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by abdulizom(m): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
abdul izom: I never meant to be tribalistic, but i find this amazing.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
abdul izom: You can disprove me by making an inquiry, not by castigation.
This is a reality, no Igbo can buy a single plot of land in Omoku and Onelga as whole.
This idiotic thread is hereby closed.

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva: People just come up with all sorts of lies to discredit Igbos. If Northerners can sell land to Igbos then why not an Igbo clan? Quit spreeading falsehood and get a life.

Afam they do not sell land to other Igbos.Even the Imo State Egbema cannot buy. Very true but unfortunate.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Abagworo:

Afam they do not sell land to other Igbos.Even the Imo State Egbema cannot buy. Very true but unfortunate.
Are you saying that no single land has been sold to an Igbo onelga? But do they sell to non-igbos? I need some sort of eviedence because that's how we were told that Ikwerres don't seel land to Igbos whereas Igbo have bought over almost all Ikwerre villages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 1:16am On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you saying that no single land has been sold to an Igbo onelga? But do they sell to non-igbos? I need some sort of eviedence because that's how we were told that Ikwerres don't seel land to Igbos whereas Igbo have bought over almost all Ikwerre villages.

Some people seem to assume any Igbo speaking group in Rivers as Ikwerre. I think that is where the mistake came from. I posted a link where the cause of all these originated from. Politics of oil and Biafran war. Almost every group in Rivers State has one thing or the other with Igbo, especially origin but politics of economy, acceptance and survival has made identifying as Igbo a taboo in Rivers State. All colonial and pre-colonial history has evidence of igboness but most post-1970 history were compromised and manipulated. Even in some cases where the evidences are undeniable, there is usually a claim that Igbos lied to early Europeans. People like Francis Ella of blessed memory who refused to compromise their identity were hated for standing by the truth while power and wealth was given to those spearheading the lies. Even the late Nzeobi of Egbema had most of his properties confiscated in a bid to force him to deny his ethnicity. People like him should be heroes of Igboland because his kingdom was divided and he still stood firm in Imo State. he could have easily denied Igbo, joined Rivers State and got his kingdom and properties back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Obiagu1(m): 2:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Abagworo:

You cannot buy land, at any cost, in my town in Anambra because the lands are inherited lands. Igbos mostly sell free lands, agu and okeohia, to non natives.
So people like abdul izom should stop manipulating the truth to score a cheap point.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by abdulizom(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
I said it and still repeating it, no Igbo man buy a piece of Onelga at any cost.
A trillion naira can not afford igbo man a land in Omoku.
They give out even free sometimes to any other tribe, my landload is yoruba man from Osun.
igbos who use oda peoples' name to buy and built, have their building ceased by d community.
It is reality, pls confirm it.
My question is why not igbo
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
abdul izom: I said it and still repeating it, no Igbo man buy a piece of Onelga at any cost.
A trillion naira can not afford igbo man a land in Omoku.
They give out even free sometimes to any other tribe, my landload is yoruba man from Osun.
igbos who use oda peoples' name to buy and built, have their building ceased by d community.
It is reality, pls confirm it.
My question is why not igbo

Its true but Omoku people are Igbos. In opening remarks during festival Oru n'Igbo is used in addressing the people. They know themselves as Oru n'Igbo which is common amongst all riverine Igbos. That law was borne out of a lie claiming that Igbos polluted their original language and made them start speaking Igbo and if Igbos are allowed to own properties that they will lose their identity as their language is already changed to Igbo. Those lies were products of Biafran war propaganda used by the Federal side to win the oil producing communities and give them distinct ethnic status.

http://ogbakingdom.com/royal-fathers/

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ibide(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
I dön't think that the river's egbema ar ibos cause i once work at okwuzi the easyly grow anoid if u call the ibo insted they took an urhobo as their brother 4rm niger / delta
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Abagworo(m): 5:29am On Jun 30, 2012
ibide: I dön't think that the river's egbema ar ibos cause i once work at okwuzi the easyly grow anoid if u call the ibo insted they took an urhobo as their brother 4rm niger / delta

You are right in their trying hard to alienate themselves from themselves but rotweiler na dog even after you cut its tail. While I don't completely blame them because being Igbo reduces your acceptance in Nigeria but however a wise man knows that at the end of the day you can't stop being you.

When I went for a job in NDDC, and wrote state of origin as Imo, there was an uproar that an Igboman wants to take the job of Niger Delta even after I made it clear that my LGA produces more oil than most onshore areas in Nigeria. The reason is because we are in Imo State and hence our Igboship is indisputable.

From the biblical angle, Peter denied being a Christian three times and Judas betrayed Christ for money but some people like St Stephen accepted and died for refusing to renounce their faith. Francis Ella and Nzeobi S.N. Uzor chose not to renounce their ethnicity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by Johndoe100(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2012
I am sure that what you say is correct. You need to understand the ibo that are on this forum. They are cronic fantasists. They are trying to "recolonize" Rivers state, so all peeps from there are "happy ibos". Do not listen to their crap.

abdul izom: You can disprove me by making an inquiry, not by castigation.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 10:48am On Jul 03, 2012
honestly when I read stuff on this website, I wonder what reality this people live in. This is why I barely listen to sh1t on this website anymore. If I didnot live , grew up and schooled in River state, I probably would believe some of the gibberish I read on this site about that state. hmm I wonder why my family have a home in PH and on top of that we have two stores in Rivers and we own five lands unused in River state if they don't sell lands to Igbo.

I swear you people get pathetic and more pathetic as day goes by on this site and I wonder why any Igbo on this website pay mind to your 1diotic bs.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by aljharem(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2012
It is funny how Nigerian discriminate against each other. grin grin grin

Ok let me say the truth here. The so called Onelga people need to leave this 1400 mentality. I am a yoruba man from Lagos royal family and if I have no problem with Igbos, I wonder why you should.

Yes we have our differences here on Nairaland but in reality, we yorubas and Igbos cannot be separated and we are miles away from ala igbo, not to talk of you onelga people which are relatives of Igbos.

Just my views.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 10:54am On Jul 03, 2012
Johndoe100: I am sure that what you say is correct. You need to understand the ibo that are on this forum. They are cronic fantasists. They are trying to "recolonize" Rivers state, so all peeps from there are "happy ibos". Do not listen to their crap.

Dude STFU. Someone asked una to bring proof of this fact right now so far none have obliged his request. So while we wait for the proof, I would also want you people to explain how MY FAMILY came in possession of lands, properties in Rivers state while being Igbo people. I'll await the answers thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by aljharem(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira: honestly when I read stuff on this website, I wonder what reality this people live in. This is why I barely listen to sh1t on this website anymore. If I didnot live , grew up and schooled in River state, I probably would believe some of the gibberish I read on this site about that state. hmm I wonder why my family have a home in PH and on top of that we have two stores in Rivers and we own five lands unused in River state if they don't sell lands to Igbo.

I swear you people get pathetic and more pathetic as day goes by on this site and I wonder why any Igbo on this website pay mind to your 1diotic bs.

Cool down na. When Yorubas and others complain, you laugh right !!!

Now na your turn, you come dey vex grin grin grin grin . Take it easy brother
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2012
^^^Dude take the hint when someone skips through your post and ignores your post for a very long time. Take the hint
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by aljharem(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira: ^^^Dude take the hint when someone skips through your post and ignores your post for a very long time. Take the hint

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
Wonders shall never end! Who are these Onelga ppl ? Firstly,I will not set foot there talk more of buying lands there....Kogi and Benue ppl are giving lands free to Igbos to invest and we are hear discussing a group with no presence! If they like let them sell lands to yorubas and boko harem.......I dont care! If they like let them claim Uhrobo I dont care but one thing I am sure of is that they will need our help 00pm oneday just like the Ijaws....These ppl are probably not up to 100,000 in population and we are here discusing a non factor..Op is probably from there and comehere to seek cheap populaity amongst the IGBOS!

Op,tell ur ppl I said they should shove all ther lands into their weak a..ss! Everybody wan use Igbos shine!
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Wonders shall never end! Who are these Onelga ppl ? Firstly,I will not set foot there talk more of buying lands there....Kogi and Benue ppl are giving lands free to Igbos to invest and we are hear discussing a group with no presence! If they like let them sell lands to yorubas and boko harem.......I dont care! If they like let them claim Uhrobo I dont care but one thing I am sure of is that they will need our help 00pm oneday just like the Ijaws....These ppl are probably not up to 100,000 in population and we are here discusing a non factor..Op is probably from there and comehere to seek cheap populaity amongst the IGBOS!

Op,tell ur ppl I said they should shove all ther lands into their weak a..ss! Everybody wan use Igbos shine!

The Op is not onelga for one thing and for two the story is not true. I'm still waiting for one of them to answer why my fam has lands in a place we supposedly cannot get a land. Abagworo you too, I'm awaiting una answers.

By the way Nri priest, seriously do some of una ever visit a place before attacking and insulting the place and people or do you guys just base all you know about a place from stories written by 1diots on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
One_Naira:
The Op is not onelga for one thing and for two the story is not true. [b]I'm still waiting for one of them to answer why my fam has lands in a place we supposedly cannot get a land. [/b]Abagworo you too, I'm awaiting una answers.

Are you not Delta state?
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by aljharem(m): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN:

Are you not Delta state?

LOL grin grin grin grin

NRI PRIEST: Wonders shall never end! Who are these Onelga ppl ? Firstly,I will not set foot there talk more of buying lands there....Kogi and Benue ppl are giving lands free to Igbos to invest and we are hear discussing a group with no presence! If they like let them sell lands to yorubas and boko harem.......I dont care! If they like let them claim Uhrobo I dont care but one thing I am sure of is that they will need our help 00pm oneday just like the Ijaws....These ppl are probably not up to 100,000 in population and we are here discusing a non factor..Op is probably from there and comehere to seek cheap populaity amongst the IGBOS!

I love the first part but wetin yorubas do you ? undecided

We sell and give lands to Igbos. Give igbos titles and positions of power and authorities in our land and yet you still think Yoruba should be discriminated against ? na wa o !!!
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN:

Are you not Delta state?

I am but as I have mentioned before due to family business I was privileged enough to have lived in Asaba, PH, Enugu and Onitsha. In all four states, which inhabit the four cities, we have houses and stores. In three of the four states plus three more states, unfortunately, we never inhabited the three additional states, we have lands in which my father uses as a business of buying and reselling. Therefore I am actually waiting for either one of them to explain to I how my father came in possession to lands he supposed to not have gotten because he is Igbo if going by the stories we hear every day on this forum. I am even sitting in front of my laptop, scratching my head and wondering whom sold him the land he built our house upon. Judging from the stories, the only way my father could have obtained such objects is through theft. Thus I wonder why hasn't anyone accused my father of stealing the lands or anyone accusing him of building a house in his and or her land and why is it he there is a willing business partner helping my father to resell the land. I still they wonder and I am waiting eagerly for one to explain it.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're Delta state. You're technically [b]not [/b]Igbo, in context of this discussion.
Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by OneNaira6: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
ChinenyeN: Well, One Naira, what's there to explain? You're Delta state. You're technically [b]not [/b]Igbo, in context of this discussion.

Wow dude what a way to insult someone. How am I technically "NOT" Igbo? angry

1 Like

Re: Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Don't play dumb. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, and it's certainly not an insult. You're Delta state, so you're technically not Igbo. Someone else like me for example, who by design is Abia state, is technically Igbo. That's simply the way things are. So it shouldn't come as such a surprise to you that your family apparently has land in places where Igbo supposedly "can't".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

King Edward Asimini Celebrates 20 Years On The Throne In Bonny Kingdom / Ooni Of Ife Hosts American Delegates At His Palace In Osun State. Photos / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.