Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) (76850 Views)

Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) / Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Is The Most Expensive Car In The World in 2023 / $142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:26am On May 31, 2021
It’s no surprise to anyone that Rolls-Royce vehicles don’t come cheap. But when your architecture of luxury includes 1813 completely new parts, custom-built to specifically suit your exact lifestyle, the cost can blow out, in this case, into the tens of millions.

The British marque has just unveiled a new ultra-exclusive bespoke model that will spearhead the expansion of its coachbuilding service. The new Rolls-Royce Boat Tail is a super-yacht inspired build that has been heralded as the most expensive new car in the world and costs a whooping $28 million.

Featuring the classic front design we’ve come to love from Rolls, the two-door, four-seat grand tourer has an innovative canopy roof that can be detached at will. According to the brand, only three examples of the Boat Tail have been hand-built, entirely customised to suit the client.

“Rolls-Royce Boat Tail challenges the notion of what a motor car is and creates a new definition of what a motor car means. Boat Tail exists far beyond a mere means of transport. It is not just the method to reach a destination, but the destination itself. It is an ambition realised with a remarkable cohort of men and women who empowered the marque to create a concept of extraordinary scope,” Alex Innes, Head of Rolls-Royce Coachbuild Design, Rolls-Royce said.

“With Boat Tail we have achieved this. We have created a trio of exceptional cars which, although they share a common body style, are each imbued with the unique, highly personal imprint of the commissioning patron, thereby telling differing stories. Boat Tail is unprecedented. Boat Tail is a distinct counterpoint to industrialised luxury.”

In terms of design, the Rolls-Royce Boat Tail continues on the refinement of the brand’s ‘post-opulent’ aesthetic, which began with last years’ Mk2 Ghost. As the predecessor to the £10 million Sweptail, the Boat Tail features some familiar design elements, albeit with a slightly more inventive scope. The back of the coach has a distinctive rear end that mimics a J-class yacht’s hull, which was bolstered by the use of hand-built parts.

Under the hood, the Boat Tail is more akin to its Phantom counterpart. It uses Rolls-Royce’s new Architecture of Luxury platform and the 563bhp 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12 engine from the Phantom. Innes explained that the all-aluminium architecture allowed for “flexibility to work on a low-volume basis”, an aspect that will be brought forward for future Coachbuild projects.

Rolls-Royce Motors || Luxury Launches

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:26am On May 31, 2021
More Photos

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:27am On May 31, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:28am On May 31, 2021

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 9:28am On May 31, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Kosoco(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2021
Dope... The Toks na how much

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Dalil8: 9:57am On May 31, 2021
A beauty to behold

I'm so in love smiley

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Manq(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2021
Whaaat! Imagine being gifted this because I just know I can't afford it now but soon. Lol

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2021
WriterNig:
More Photos

Please post the real live pics not computer generated graphics undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 11:00am On May 31, 2021
Kobicove:

Please post the real live pics not computer generated graphics undecided

FYI these are real live images gotten from Rolls royce official website above...........

7 Likes

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Mac0: 12:23pm On May 31, 2021
This isn't the actual design.

It's custom built, so you can contact rolls royce and they'll build it to suit your taste.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by SODbaba2(m): 4:02pm On May 31, 2021
Mac0:
This isn't the actual design.

It's custom built, so you can contact rolls royce and they'll build it to suit your taste.
That's not rendering bro, it is real and only three are produced

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Mac0: 4:17pm On May 31, 2021
SODbaba2:

Yeah i know. My point is the one in the photos was designed exclusively for the buyer. If you want a different shape, color, interior, they can make it happen.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 31, 2021
Luxury kiss kiss kiss
Beauty to Behold smiley kiss cool
Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by LoudLord(m): 4:38pm On May 31, 2021
Omo!!!

I must get money no be by mouth alon

#Hustle

1 Like

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by tillaman(m): 4:49pm On May 31, 2021
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Casper21: 4:55pm On May 31, 2021
Beyonce and Jayz recently bought that. Meanwhile I never knew, Bugatti, Rolls Royce are custom made unlike some cars like lexus that will manufacture 100k cars and sell 60. There are some levels to having money joor. Just like we choose the kind of shape our houses should have we can aswell choose our cars cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by rayvelez(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2021
Hushpupi kind of car but nig is in cage.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by SODbaba2(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2021
Mac0:

Yeah i know. My point is the one in the photos was designed exclusively for the buyer. If you want a different shape, color, interior, they can make it happen.
definitely. i understand you now

2 Likes

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:39am On Jun 01, 2021
SODbaba2:

Correct!.......

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

1 Like

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Kramerr: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2021
rayvelez:
Hushpupi kind of car but nig is in cage.

Hushpuppi can't afford it. We're talking 28 million USD, not 2 million.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
Does it have AC
Lolxxxx

2 Likes

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Jh0wsef(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kai. Even 100BTC no reach buy am grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Aje ku ikale.
Behold! Money! tongue .
My transport fare is not up to a dollar but I can't even afford it without borrowing till the month ends.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by FalseProphet1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
I see davido announcing to his fans that he has bought it but it will land in Nigeria by 2025 because of lockdown, I see bobrisky posting a Photoshop pics with the car, I see dino melaye releasing an album inside the car, I see DSS and EFCC inviting him for questioning.

This I have seen.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Adelakunjohn009: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Omo this is expensive ooo God....give me. Money ooo
Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
WriterNig:
It’s no surprise to anyone that Rolls-Royce vehicles don’t come cheap. But when your architecture of luxury includes 1813 completely new parts, custom-built to specifically suit your exact lifestyle, the cost can blow out, in this case, into the tens of millions.

The British marque has just unveiled a new ultra-exclusive bespoke model that will spearhead the expansion of its coachbuilding service. The new Rolls-Royce Boat Tail is a super-yacht inspired build that has been heralded as the most expensive new car in the world and costs a whooping $28 million.

Featuring the classic front design we’ve come to love from Rolls, the two-door, four-seat grand tourer has an innovative canopy roof that can be detached at will. According to the brand, only three examples of the Boat Tail have been hand-built, entirely customised to suit the client.

“Rolls-Royce Boat Tail challenges the notion of what a motor car is and creates a new definition of what a motor car means. Boat Tail exists far beyond a mere means of transport. It is not just the method to reach a destination, but the destination itself. It is an ambition realised with a remarkable cohort of men and women who empowered the marque to create a concept of extraordinary scope,” Alex Innes, Head of Rolls-Royce Coachbuild Design, Rolls-Royce said.

“With Boat Tail we have achieved this. We have created a trio of exceptional cars which, although they share a common body style, are each imbued with the unique, highly personal imprint of the commissioning patron, thereby telling differing stories. Boat Tail is unprecedented. Boat Tail is a distinct counterpoint to industrialised luxury.”

In terms of design, the Rolls-Royce Boat Tail continues on the refinement of the brand’s ‘post-opulent’ aesthetic, which began with last years’ Mk2 Ghost. As the predecessor to the £10 million Sweptail, the Boat Tail features some familiar design elements, albeit with a slightly more inventive scope. The back of the coach has a distinctive rear end that mimics a J-class yacht’s hull, which was bolstered by the use of hand-built parts.

Under the hood, the Boat Tail is more akin to its Phantom counterpart. It uses Rolls-Royce’s new Architecture of Luxury platform and the 563bhp 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12 engine from the Phantom. Innes explained that the all-aluminium architecture allowed for “flexibility to work on a low-volume basis”, an aspect that will be brought forward for future Coachbuild projects.

28m is what you tagged "most expensive"? SMH

2 Likes

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by africandollar: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
Hmm..boat-tail. Hope for that price it can also be used for transportation on water though? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) by rawtouch: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.