Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What Is Your Reading Of The Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reading Of The Law? (431 Views)

Man Reveals Why He Hates Reading The Bible, Nigerians React / God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Reading Of The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2021
This lawyer asked Jesus in Luke 10:25, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He seemed to think that there was no one better than him among the people of Israel. So this lawyer (one who had not been redeemed) challenged Him, saying, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

The lawyer is but a reflection of ourselves. He asked Jesus, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus replied, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” 

So he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,” and “love your neighbor as yourself.” 

Jesus told him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.” 

He challenged Jesus while not knowing himself to be evil, a lump of sin who could never do good. So Jesus asked him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” 
What is your reading of it?” With this passage, Jesus asks how one, including you and me, knows and understands the Law. 

As many people do nowadays, this lawyer also thought that God gave him the Law for him to keep. So he answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” 

The Law was without fault. He gave us the perfect Law. He told us to love the Lord with all our hearts and souls, with all our strength and minds and to love our neighbors as ourselves. It is right for us to love our God with all our hearts and strength, but it is a holy commandment that can never be kept. 

“What is your reading of it?” means that the Law is right and correct, but how do you understand it? The lawyer thought that God gave it for him to obey. However, the Law of God was given to us so that we might realize our shortcomings, by completely exposing our iniquities. “You have sinned. You killed when I told you not to kill. Why did you disobey Me?” 

The Law exposes the sins in people’s hearts. Let’s suppose that on my way here, I saw some ripe melons in the field. God warned me by the Law, “Don’t pick those melons to eat. It will shame Me if you do.” “Yes, Father.” “The field belongs to Mr. so and so, therefore, you should never pick them.” “Yes, Father.” 

The moment we hear that we should never pick them, we feel an inclination to pick them. If we push down a spring, it bounces back up in reaction. The sins of people are just like that. 

God told us to never do evil deeds. God can say that because He is holy, complete and has the ability to do so. On the other hand, we can ‘never’ not sin and ‘never’ be purely good. We ‘never’ have good in our hearts. The Law is stipulated with the word ‘never’. Why? Because people have lusts in their hearts. We cannot help but to act on our lusts. We commit adultery because we have adultery in our hearts. 

https://www.bjnewlife.org/bbs/board.php?bo_table=sermons&wr_id=38&lang=English&cp=1&cpp=1
Re: What Is Your Reading Of The Law? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19pm On May 31, 2021
live4dgospel:
” He seemed to think that there was no one better than him among the people of Israel.

You know he was called upon to Challenge The Lord after the bests of themselves failed, right?

And you know that they were the best yet they failed, so imagine who that idiot lawyer must be over them?

He is the Best, of the best, as Paul was before his conversion.

live4dgospel:

The lawyer is but a reflection of ourselves.

No, he is not. He is the Best of the best and you are not, especially Nigerians. Mediocrity is their religion and not excellence.

So no, he is not like you, for he is better than you and worser than you.

live4dgospel:

He challenged Jesus while not knowing himself to be evil,

Do you yourself know that you are evil?

live4dgospel:

“What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?” 
What is your reading of it?” With this passage, Jesus asks how one, including you and me, knows and understands the Law. 

I guarantee that you did not know why He was asking The Lawyer, The Law and the Consequence of that transaction.

live4dgospel:

The Law was without fault. He gave us the perfect Law. He told us to love the Lord with all our hearts and souls, with all our strength and minds and to love our neighbors as ourselves. It is right for us to love our God with all our hearts and strength, but it is a holy commandment that can never be kept

Yet, the Disciples Accomplished it, Job Accomplished it, David, Abraham, Joseph, Isaac, Jacob, all accomplished it.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN NEVER KEEP IT ARE THE VERY EVIL PEOPLE WHO NEVER KNOW THAT THEY ARE EVIL.
Re: What Is Your Reading Of The Law? by live4dgospel(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
Free Christian books for the community!!!
Go to www.bjnewlife.org

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Based Nigeria Pastor Taunts Adeboye, Oyedepo Over TB Joshua's Death / ,,, / Download Koinonia Zaria Miracle Service August 2021 (mp3) With Apostle Joshua Se

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.