Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,124 members, 7,863,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

My Country - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Country (414 Views)

NIGERIA MY COUNTRY... .. What If,,,,, / I Weep For My Country / My Country, Nigeria By: Ademola Ridwan Abiodun (hon. Ara) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Country by Abbeywondrous(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
A land filled with milk and honey, but the citizens are sick and hungry.

Where insecurity is the order of the day, still they said there's no war, but people are being slaughter, killed, kidnapped on a daily basis.

Where you leave home in the morning and you doubt if you will return home at night.

Where people die due to embezzlement of public funds that should have been used to put infrastructures in place.

Where the youth were happy when the not too young to run bill was signed, not knowing it's quite different from not too young to rule.

Where you have freedom of speech, but freedom after speech is not assured!

Where corruption is the order of the day, where laws are only meant for the poor.

Where people get lost and unfound just like urine in the sea.

Where everyone is a suspect, because no one can be trusted.

Where the rich buys their way, and the poor are left in their pains!

Where reports of atrocities by herdsmen is termed yellow journalism.

Where the youth loves and promote bad things, and most elders lack the moral right to correct them.

Where negativity is being promoted and positivity is in decline.

Where matters are taken lightly when it concerns the lower class, but they put all their strength in when it's about the upper class!

Where there's no proactive measure in all sectors!

Where god of man are more than men of God!

Where most media serves the higher class instead of all class; where most media who ought to be a watch dog, has turned into a tamed dog; where media gatekeeps what ought to be their social responsibility to the people!

Where those who ought to right the wrong, are the ones that made the right wrong.

In conclusion, until we agree that we belong to one another, and treat ourselves as brethren, we might not see and have the country of our dream!
Re: My Country by YouthAriseNga: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2021
Are you tired of everything going on in this country, want to see a positive change of power come next elections? join this train now and together let's all fight for our future, we are the next generation, we will make a better future for ourselves. Nigerian Youths Arise Now.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Novels For Sale For #700 Only. / Who Is Stephanie Nguevese Jirkyaa ? / Plays By TEMIENOR TUEDON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.