Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. (9331 Views)

Is It Possible To Get One's Bvn Off Blacklist? / Scammers Call Bank Customer, Reveal His BVN & Then Ask For More Details / Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
Being 'helpful' has it's perks also and my brother is learning this the hard way..

Someone transferred 72k to him last month and asked him to help withdraw.. He did. Little did he know it was fraudulent Money and as it is his account has been blocked and also his BVN blacklisted by CBN..

I can't go into details right now but the truth is that a loan that was just secured in a separate bank account is caught up in all of this..and untold hardship awaits my family if this loan is not accessed...(we're dying slowly honestly)

But as it is, He's willing to pay back the 72k as a cost of his ignorance (or foolishness if you may) in order for the account to be unblocked..

But with the recent discovery that the BVN is blacklisted by CBN and not blocked as we thought earlier, we are at a total loss as to what to do.
Is it possible pls that this Blacklisting issue can be taken off pls?? What are the steps pls?

Any one who has gone through this before should kindly assist pls.

N/b -- he's not into fraud pls,, he's helpful to a fault and this one cost him a lot.

Any assistance on how to go about the blacklisting issue is welcome as there is nothing shady AT ALL in his transaction details.. There is absolutely nothing to hide!
Help pls!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Kamdil: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by 1030(m): 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
Let him visit his bank,they will guide him on what to do.My fear for him is that the police might come in,let him also engage a lawyer as his plan B.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by DelTel(m): 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
1030:
Let him visit his bank,they will guide him on what to do.My fear for him is that the police might come in,let him also engage a lawyer as his plan B.

Engaging a lawyer should be his/her Plan A.

bestboo001:
Being 'helpful' has it's perks also and my brother is learning this the hard way.

Any assistance on how to go about the blacklisting issue is welcome as there is nothing shady AT ALL in his transaction details.. There is absolutely nothing to hide!
Help pls!!!

Get a good lawyer and explain all that happened truthfully.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by laraskey(m): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
bestboo001:
Being 'helpful' has it's perks also and my brother is learning this the hard way..

Someone transferred 72k to him last month and asked him to help withdraw.. He did. Little did he know it was fraudulent Money and as it is his account has been blocked and also his BVN blacklisted by CBN..

I can't go into details right now but the truth is that a loan that was just secured in a separate bank account is caught up in all of this..and untold hardship awaits my family if this loan is not accessed...(we're dying slowly honestly)

But as it is, He's willing to pay back the 72k as a cost of his ignorance (or foolishness if you may) in order for the account to be unblocked..

But with the recent discovery that the BVN is blacklisted by CBN and not blocked as we thought earlier, we are at a total loss as to what to do.
Is it possible pls that this Blacklisting issue can be taken off pls?? What are the steps pls?

N/b -- he's not into fraud pls,, he's helpful to a fault and this one cost him a lot.

Help pls!!!
make I shock you, all this you type here are lies.. There no way bank will Blacklist ur bvn or CBN because of 72k.. Come out clean so we can help u..

12 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by seunoj: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
bestboo001:

Help pls!!!
Pls answer this questions honestly
1. How did u know the reason for watchlist?
2. The reason is very important as it determines the possibility of the removal and whether police will not be involved.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by maasoap(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2021
Your narration is not convincing enough, many people are into fraud these days. I'm sure that they are waiting for him at his bank

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Pcmra123: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
maasoap:
Your narration is not convincing enough, many people are into fraud these days. I'm sure that they are waiting for him at his bank
I can't start convincing everyone about what to believe or what not to..
He was supposed to be arrested immediately he walked into the bank but he was instead asked to go to the police himself because they know him well at the bank..They saved him the embarrassment because of a good name..

After back and forth at the station with nothing tangible to show,, the legal department of the bank's headquarter called and explained all available options and he settled for accepting to pay the said sum of 72k( thats the truth honestly). The number they used in calling doesn't go through when dialed...so we can't reach the headquarters directly.

So the bank(local branch)acting on the directive of the headquarter agreed to deduct the money and unblock the account.. Only for them to realize that the BVN was blacklisted by the CBN..

They said they'll try their best to do what they can from their end but I just want to know if at all there's any hope in sight as I heard something about an account being sealed for about 10yrs if it has been blacklisted by CBN.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2021
seunoj:

Pls answer this questions honestly
1. How did u know the reason for watchlist?
2. The reason is very important as it determines the possibility of the removal and whether police will not be involved.
The local branch of the bank told him so.
That's the truth!
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
laraskey:
make I shock you, all this you type here are lies.. There no way bank will Blacklist ur bvn or CBN because of 72k.. Come out clean so we can help u..

So I'll cook up nonsense and stay awake late at night instead of sleeping because of what
I can't control what you believe though, but that's the truth..it was 72k.
If you know any procedure that can be followed to help remove the blacklist, help pls!
I won't gain a thing by depriving myself sleep only to start dishing out lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by seunoj: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
bestboo001:

The local branch of the bank told him so.
That's the truth!

So tell him to go to branch n ask them for possible solution
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
seunoj:

So tell him to go to branch n ask them for possible solution
They're the one who told him its 10yrs of account closure if one's bvn is blacklisted by CBN but at the same time they promised to try their best to see if there's anything they can do about it, but I think they're giving him some.kind of 'hope'

Thats why I'm. asking if there's anyone who has experienced this before..and how it was handled!
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by seunoj: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
bestboo001:

They're the one who told him its 10yrs of account closure if one's bvn is blacklisted by CBN but at the same time they promised to try their best to see if there's anything they can do about it, but I think they're giving him some.kind of 'hope'

Thats why I'm. asking if there's anyone who has experienced this before..and how it was handled!

That’s the rule but he should demand to see a more senior person. Possibly he will get a way. Otherwise, na lawyer things
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Unrated900(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2021
laraskey:

Leave him with his lies
He taught we are as daft as him
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by maasoap(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2021
bestboo001:

He was supposed to be arrested immediately he walked into the bank but he was instead asked to go to the police himself because they know him well at the bank..They saved him the embarrassment because of a good name..

After back and forth at the station with nothing tangible to show,, the legal department of the bank's headquarter called and explained all available options and he settled for accepting to pay the said sum of 72k( thats the truth honestly). The number they used in calling doesn't go through when dialed...so we can't reach the headquarters directly.

So the bank(local branch)acting on the directive of the headquarter agreed to deduct the money and unblock the account.. Only for them to realize that the BVN was blacklisted by the CBN..

They said they'll try their best to do what they can from their end but I just want to know if at all there's any hope in sight as I heard something about an account being sealed for about 10yrs if it has been blacklisted by CBN.

Okay.
He should get the email of his bank and their social media handles, most especially twitter and Facebook handles, it works effectively if wants to continue interacting with the headquarters, phone calls are problematic and expensive anyway. With emails, there will be documentation and history of communication.
He should also start communicating with the CBN directly too. Twitter and emailing them telling his predicament, he shouldn't get tired. The moment they start responding to him is when he will know where he stands.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 6:57am On Jun 03, 2021
Unrated900:

Leave him with his lies
He taught we are as daft as him
I know I'm daft sir, but I also know I can never misuse 'taught' and 'thought' in a sentence or even construct incoherent sentences like the one you just made.

If being wise means typing the way you do, then I think being 'daft' is fine by me.
Good morning to you.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2021
maasoap:

Okay.
He should get the email of his bank and their social media handles, most especially twitter and Facebook handles, it works effectively if wants to continue interacting with the headquarters, phone calls are problematic and expensive anyway. With emails, there will be documentation and history of communication.
He should also start communicating with the CBN directly too. Twitter and emailing them telling his predicament, he shouldn't get tired. The moment they start responding to him is when he will know where he stands.

Will look into this. Thanks for your time and have a good one!
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by UDUJ(m): 7:12am On Jun 03, 2021
laraskey:

You read my mind.

With the way our youths are so much involved in all sorts of stuffs these days such cases of bvn been blacklisted will be happening everyday.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by allen113: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2021
loader,azaman or picker, which one your brother be?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
If anybody tell me say dem wan use my bank account I dey always let them know say I will only give them 10% of the money.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
bestboo001:

I know I'm daft sir, but I also know I can never misuse 'taught' and 'thought' in a sentence or even construct incoherent sentences like the one you just made.

If being wise means typing the way you do, then i think being 'daft' is fine by me.
Good morning to you.
I almost fall inside this kin trap around April last year, a friend called me and started giving me an excuse about how he can't accept 170k in his bank account and wants me to help him to receive the money in my account, then send the money to him bank account from my own account. Immediately, I reason am say this money fit land me in trouble.

I told him immediately I will only return 20k from the money if he is going to send it to me. As e no gree, I told him to use his mom, dad or siblings bank account.

I knew something was not right, thank God I was smart.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Addme: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Blacklisting BVN (not even blocking) all because of 72k.
Op, has your brother been involved in something like this before?
If not ,just like someone said, communicate with CBN on social media, Twitter and mails do wonder in this regard.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I almost fall inside this kin trap around April last year, a friend called me and started giving me an excuse about how he can't accept 170k in his bank account and wants me to help him to receive the money in my account, then send the money to him bank account from my own account. Immediately, I reason am say this money fit land me in trouble.

I told him immediately I will only return 20k from the money if he is going to send it to me. As e no gree, I told him to use his mom, dad or siblings bank account.

The need to be extra careful cannot be overemphasized..thanks for sharing
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by bestboo001: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
Addme:
Blacklisting BVN (not even blocking) all because of 72k.
Op, has your brother been involved in something like this before?
If not ,just like someone said, communicate with CBN on social media, Twitter and mails do wonder in this regard.
Its 72k sir, and no this has never happened before.
We're currently looking at the social media angle as someone earlier suggested. Thanks though.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Jayrams: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2021
Please I also have issues related to this topic, but mine is someone somehow used my sim-card, linked to my (BVN) to secure loan on fairmoney and some others 2 loan app, without my notice, now it repayment time and as it is overdue but since I don't have idea on the mater I was left blind not until I started receiving calls from 3 loan lenders threatening to punish me if I refused paying back my loan and they said to block and blacklist my( BVN) using the power of credit bureau,and also legal services like police and the rest to capture me, as in everyday that passes by I must receive threat and for God's knows why the person could do this to me. It took me awhile to even believe what they were saying not until they started showing me prove on whatsapp through my line he/she used in register for the loan, and I asked them how is it possible of receiving the money without passing through my account? And they said the app has credit inside already the thing is if you're granted a particular amount of loan offer then it will automatically be available in the app balance then you can send to any bank account of your choice not necessarily it must be same name used on profile, and am like what is this mehn this isn't funny I also have use for my money � instead paying for what I did not eat or even see. Now am using my (BVN) to register for a legal service online and it keeps saying user not found or details are not matched properly as we have on our records �. Please this is not a joke I think my BVN is blocked or blacklisted or something but I have been using it since and it fine but now all I do is error the last I tried they sent my OTP to one long lost line of mine which I have updated to a new one, please help me because right now am skeptical about my decision of going out there for complaint without having idea of what what those loan guys must have put my name and bvn all over the place, I want to know if such happens with loan company and their costumer is this how they do? And how do I go about making my bvn fine again as before without stain on it please help Thank you �
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Obsy20: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Can my bvn be enlisted from cbn blacklist?
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by adebwalex(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2022
bestboo001:

I knew a soldier guy who had similar issues. He went for a years training while his phone and sil was given to one of his family member that was living with him then. By the time he return back after one year, the useless brother as used his bvn to borrow money from banks. He was reported and the soilder BVN was blacklisted. He went to the bank and he was told he should write a letter and state the reason why they should unblock his bvn. He was also ask to pay all the money amont to 250k plus. He paid the money and yet his bvn still in Blacklist. I learnt it take longer time before it will be taken off from blacklist. Atleast 1 year if care is not taken....
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by ibechris(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
Una dey scam people any how...this what awaits many of u.

Your brother is now a helper.
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Candora(f): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
Get a good lawyer first, then head to the bank.
Narrate everything the way they are.

If truly he ain't guilty as you've stated, the bank will be of great help to him.

Besides, you said someone transferred the funds to him. Why the panic when he has enough evidence to back up his claims?
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Thomthom(m): 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2022

How wish he agreed to your terms, will you have agreed to accept the money
Re: Is It Possible To Get One's BVN Off CBN's Blacklist. by Thomthom(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
The only advice I will give is that nobody should use his Account number to receive money from unknown source... like me, about 4 persons I respected so much has asked me for my Azza to receive money.. in other for them not to feel bad, I just told them I only use the Community Microfinance Bank .. According to one musician he said " This is Nigeria everybody Na criminal "

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Boy Was Alive Yesterday But Dead This Afternoon Because Of Cult War - PHOTO / EFCC Most Wanted Nigerians / Vigilante Chief Kills Man Over Girlfriend In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.