Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

US F1 Visa Interview - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US F1 Visa Interview (2331 Views)

US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US F1 Visa Interview by Zoe37: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
Good evening everyone. So I went for my Visa interview today and was denied. Below is the transcript, your candid advice will be appreciated.

Me: Good morning sir
Vo: Good morning
Vo: your documents please
Me: (gave him my documents)
Vo:what are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going to study.
Vo: which course
Me: Biochemistry
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my parents but my uncle is also providing additional financial support.
Vo:what does your parents do
Me: my mum is a business woman, she has two supermarket, wholesale distributor of drinks in Nigeria. She also manages my late father's property and she is in charge of his contracting job with xyz company
Vo: what does your uncle do
Me: my uncle is a citizen of the US he works with *xyz* in the US
Vo: what about your siblings
Me: my eldest sister is a nurse, she graduated here in Nigeria. The one before me is a medical student here in Nigeria.
Vo: why Biochemistry
Me: I am studying biochemistry because it is the ideal background course for my long-term goal of being a physician assistant.
Vo: so you will be staying with your uncle
Me: no, I will be staying on campus
Vosadtypes) I currently cannot give you the visa.
(gives me green paper)

I took my mum's statement of account and my uncle's but he didn't ask for it.

That's it. I feel the reason he denied me is because my uncle is there in the US. But the reason I mentioned my uncle in the equation is because my mum is the only one providing fund so that if the vo isn't convinced that my mum can fund me throughout then I also have my uncle as a support.

I plan to reapply in a different embassy. I don't know if this time I should use just my mum as my only sponsor or add another of my uncle who is based in Nigeria here, he is a car dealer.

I would really appreciate everyone's input.
PS: I am 18 years, I am going for undergraduate program.
Thank you everyone in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: US F1 Visa Interview by Jojopikin85: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Zoe37:
Good evening everyone. So I went for my Visa interview today and was denied. Below is the transcript, your candid advice will be appreciated.

Me: Good morning sir
Vo: Good morning
Vo: your documents please
Me: (gave him my documents)
Vo:what are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going to study.
Vo: which course
Me: Biochemistry
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my parents but my uncle is also providing additional financial support.
Vo:what does your parents do
Me: my mum is a business woman, she has two supermarket, wholesale distributor of drinks in Nigeria. She also manages my late father's property and she is in charge of his contracting job with xyz company
Vo: what does your uncle do
Me: my uncle is a citizen of the US he works with *xyz* in the US
Vo: what about your siblings
Me: my eldest sister is a nurse, she graduated here in Nigeria. The one before me is a medical student here in Nigeria.
Vo: why Biochemistry
Me: I am studying biochemistry because it is the ideal background course for my long-term goal of being a physician assistant.
Vo: so you will be staying with your uncle
Me: no, I will be staying on campus
Vosadtypes) I currently cannot give you the visa.
(gives me green paper)

I took my mum's statement of account and my uncle's but he didn't ask for it.

That's it. I feel the reason he denied me is because my uncle is there in the US. But the reason I mentioned my uncle in the equation is because my mum is the only one providing fund so that if the vo isn't convinced that my mum can fund me throughout then I also have my uncle as a support.

I plan to reapply in a different embassy. I don't know if this time I should use just my mum as my only sponsor or add another of my uncle who is based in Nigeria here, he is a car dealer.

I would really appreciate everyone's input.
PS: I am 18 years, I am going for undergraduate program.
Thank you everyone in anticipation.
from my little understanding of how this stuffs works, the VO feels your main intention was not to study but to be with ur uncle in the US, you shouldn't have mention that you know anybody in the US unless the person is the one inviting u. Wait for few months then apply again and don't mention your uncle.

1 Like

Re: US F1 Visa Interview by Blessing07064: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hello everyone
Please I'm not seeing any recent visa interview transcript for 2022 what's wrong
Re: US F1 Visa Interview by Luckyuk: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2023
Good evening everyone!

I am given admission for MS in USA for Fall 2023 and my school gave me a graduate assistantship financial aid of $28,800 and I am to pay the deficit of $5,660. One of the terms and conditions is that the graduate assistantship will take effect in Fall 2023. Please how can I apply for visa so that I can get an appointment date between May to July 2023 and also which is the best place to apply for f1 visa, Lagos or Abuja?

Thank you all for your advice.
Re: US F1 Visa Interview by Sisib15: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Start searching dates
Luckyuk:
Good evening everyone!

I am given admission for MS in USA for Fall 2023 and my school gave me a graduate assistantship financial aid of $28,800 and I am to pay the deficit of $5,660. One of the terms and conditions is that the graduate assistantship will take effect in Fall 2023. Please how can I apply for visa so that I can get an appointment date between May to July 2023 and also which is the best place to apply for f1 visa, Lagos or Abuja?

Thank you all for your advice.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Caught After More Than 20 Years Of Stolen Identity In The UK / USA Port Of Entry Requirements For International Students / What Are The Requirement To Enter Mozambique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.