Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? (30432 Views)

Gaius Chibueze: Bitcoin Billionaire Offer To Buy Nairaland For 150m-pics / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by michresakidjo(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2021
hslbroker2:
Through Google search 2006, I search for the best forum in Nigeria google brought this site and I registered.

Your profile information says you registered on 12 of may 2021.
Perhaps you have different account
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by grafixdon: 11:20am On Jun 04, 2021
2005 through Google search. I was looking for a job then as a graphic artist. Google brought nairalist and other sites, I decided to click nairalist. I actually got my first online job through nairalist just a week after knw the site. A year later or so, whenever I click on nairalist the link will always directs me to nairaland, that's how I got to know nairaland.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Afromentalist: 11:20am On Jun 04, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
actually before nairaland the most populat forum was owned by an igbo guy nnabros called NAIJARYDERS but the guy didnt have the foresight and long staying power because his site was way more popular than NAIRALAND back then in 2006. so nnabros i think wasnt getting the revenues from advert that he was expecting at the time so he abandoned the site and thats when all the crowd from naijaryders moved to nairaland and nairaland took off from around 2006. so i was here from the start
I registered on the site around 2008, because of you.

I was doing some research on reincarnation, and I somehow landed on a topic on nairaland where you were exposing your ideas under your (first?) moniker then. I have been addicted since, changing one moniker after another. Inukwa grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Heavensent01(m): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2021
getting Nysc info in 2012, Google redirected me to Nairaland, I became active member 2014 up till date
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by The5DME(m): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2021
I searched for some information on google and was directed here.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by halogate: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2021
..there is a filling station along Benin-Ore road named Nairaland. I wonder if it is owned by Seun? grin
..back to topic..mehn I can't even remember how I got here undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Styluss: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2021
Babtunz:
Here's a fun and an engaging question I'd like to ask all Nairalanders.

How did you learn about this platform the very first time?
Can you remember the very first time you visited this website?

Did you learn about it in an advert, a Facebook post, Twitter or someone referred you here?

I'm asking this because I can't forget how I learned about this platform.

To answer the question, I'd go first...

I came across this platform sometime between 2015 and 2016.
I was a secondary school finalist then, and the person I lived with happened to be an IT expert, he's always on his laptop and then I'd see him scrolling down a site with green text almost everyday. I was interested in knowing what's he's doing here and what really caught my eyes was the name of the site. NAIRALAND. What could this site be? I always wondered and I memorized the name from there. I think what helped is the name of the platform, what could he be doing on a site named NAIRALAND? I was particularly interested about the 'Naira' part because then I thought this platform teaches people how to make money (well, it does).

At that time I didn't have a phone of my own and I couldn't create an account, all I do was just borrow phones to view the site as a guest. I got my own phone after secondary school and since then, I've been an active member of this platform.

And jsyk, I am a silent reader of the Travel section (you probably know why, lol) it's one of my favorite parts of this place. Another favorite section of mine on this platform is the Programming section grin

The information and knowledge that I have gotten from this place is invaluable, and I'm grateful to the creator and management for their efforts.

From my observations, I think the management needs to work more on the marketing of this site, this platform isn't popular as it should be. This place should be the frontpage of most Nigerians ( is it Uraniums? grin) on the internet.

I hope to see this site become really popular as much as I hope it would.

Woah, that's a lot...
Can you share your own story with us? How did you get here? cheesy

a friend refered me to read stories in 2012… I started as a guest.. but the funny thing is I couldn't find nor read any story.. I fell in love with the forum, questions, answers, jokes , banters, and some unique Monika here,... Nairaland has henceforth been an addiction, I had to create an account in 2014

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Goldenfinger5(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2021
Mine was through mtn www.freebasics.com
I had no data and no money to buy a bundle. I was practically dying of boredom and nowhere to go. Was just scrolling through and I saw freebasics. I enter, saw nairaland and the rest is history. I'm an addict of the site cos it teaches a lot and very informative, not to mention some of the weird stories and very hilarious comments make me laugh all day. Notin we never hear for this place

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by pocohantas(f): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2021
Romanoff:
It was in 2006. I was in my mid teens and my dad had just installed internet on our computer.

I can't remember how I stumbled on it. First Moniker was Kennygee, I had to deactivate it two years ago.

Nairaland done spoil Sha.

Wow! You are Kennygee? Your persona didn’t change at all. I got to know of NL through my brother. Even though NL has gone to the dogs, I am forever grateful for the people I have met through this forum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by HEAVEN4444: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2021
Afromentalist:

I registered on the site around 2008, because of you.

I was doing some research on reincarnation, and I somehow landed on a topic on nairaland where you were exposing your ideas under your (first?) moniker then. I have been addicted since, changing one moniker after another. Inukwa grin
lmaoooo yeah I was a wild guy back then grin grin grin grin we thank GOD for preserving our life to see today all the way back from 2006 and 2008. ( is not a small something (FALZ )) grin NEKWA cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by DanielChinazom(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2021
Through freebasics. Have been a visitor for like 5yrs. Just registered recently.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Onekind04(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2021
Na too much of pressing phone cause am oo I dey on my own, wit my small button phone since 2018, I no knw how them take dey register sef till 2019 grin
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ayuzz007(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2021
That should be through ads. back then on Eskimi...have been a guest finally registered after some time "2016"

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ugandatales: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2021
Chycebel:
When i was preparing for waec in my ss2

What year...and how exactly did you stumble upon Nairaland?
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Onekind04(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2021
Can't really remember but I think it was through free basics I found this site.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by kenzysmith: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2021
I was at kickoffnigeria football when the site got close somebody in the site recommend Nairaland sports since then I am an addict there is no day of my life I won't open Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chimeremodlyn: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2021
A female accountant and female auditor needed. Pls call:0.8.0.3.7.2.9.8.4.0.3
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ugandatales: 11:36am On Jun 04, 2021
Romanoff:

Yes na. Years from now, one small pikin too go dey tell you the same thing.

Cycle of life.

Lol. True
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ellasure: 11:37am On Jun 04, 2021
Through my colleagues at work and their desktops.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by donpapachi(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2021
I got to know about Nairaland in 2013 after my Nysc when I traveled to Lagos to visit a friend who normally visit the site to read about news. The next thing I just registered to visit some forum. My favorite is sexuality forum.
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Equity15(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2021
Riplogic:
Couldn't recall exactly how I came to know about the website. But I know I used to visit nairaland and other sites for java games, like donprosperT, sefan.ru, waptrick, wapday, mobile9, getjar...(java and symbian users can relate).

lol. DonprosperT. I just remembered that site

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ugandatales: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2021
grafixdon:
2005 through Google search. I was looking for a job then as a graphic artist. Google brought nairalist and other sites, I decided to click nairalist. I actually got my first only job through nairalist just a week after knw the site. A year later or so, whenever I click on nairalist the link will always directs me to nairaland, that's how I got to know nairaland.

Yeah, Seun also owned Nairalist. He was trying to build a separate forum for jobs, matchmaking and the likes. But I guess he decided to close it down and focus on just Nairaland. Men! I met one girl via Nairalist...sweet memories wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by braine(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2021
I was on the site for about 2 years before I had to register to reply one nonsense comment someone made..

I registered in 2008.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Styluss: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2021
AgentGoat:
Google search in 2012. I say which kind site be this one wey people dey insult themselves like this?

that's why ur Monica is agentgoat abi?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2021
santakris:

Yeah. Married with kids. My first about to enter secondary school

Wow!!! Congrats. Wishing you and your family good life.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Ugandatales: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2021
pocohantas:

Wow! You are Kennygee? Your persona didn’t change at all. I got to know of NL through my brother. Even though NL has gone to the dogs, I am forever grateful for the people I have met through this forum.

Like me abi smiley
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by udemzyudex(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2021
Riplogic:
Couldn't recall exactly how I came to know about the website. But I know I used to visit nairaland and other sites for java games, like donprosperT, sefan.ru, waptrick, wapday, mobile9, getjar...(java and symbian users can relate).

Sure, those days naija loaded was mainly base on free browsing cheat, I remember peperonity too.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Hintona(f): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2021
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Hintona(f): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2021
Through my mum.

What I love about nairaland is how user friendly it is. Very easy and simple to use. Doesn't lag.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2021
Equity15:
lol. DonprosperT. I just remembered that site

I think android phones killed all these sites
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Codeverify: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2021
Vyzz:
cool

Through freebasics...

Then I started visiting like regularly then finally opened an account

Free basics really referred a lot of people to Nairaland
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Taye4j: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2021
I joined Nairaland in 2019. I was on kick off South Africa before our semi final match against South. One of the fans on that site mentioned that South Africans should check out Nairaland and see how Nigerians were roasting Soutys.

I quickly logged in and since then, I've almost laughed my lungs out. Love the comments, the bashings and the tribal war that goes on here. Any lady from the Carribeans also mentioned this site and asked why Igbos and Yorubas are always on each other's neck, talking one another to the cleaners. I can't go a day without checking this site and my Twitter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

18-Seater Bus Involved In Accident On Bida-Minna Road, People Dead (Graphic Pics / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa / Cattle Rearers On Major Road In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.