Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? (30356 Views)

Gaius Chibueze: Bitcoin Billionaire Offer To Buy Nairaland For 150m-pics / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Babtunz: 2:17am On Jun 04, 2021
Here's a fun and an engaging question I'd like to ask all Nairalanders.

How did you learn about this platform the very first time?
Can you remember the very first time you visited this website?

Did you learn about it in an advert, a Facebook post, Twitter or someone referred you here?

I'm asking this because I can't forget how I learned about this platform.

To answer the question, I'd go first...

I came across this platform sometime between 2015 and 2016.
I was a secondary school finalist then, and the person I lived with happened to be an IT expert, he's always on his laptop and then I'd see him scrolling down a site with green text almost everyday. I was interested in knowing what's he's doing here and what really caught my eyes was the name of the site. NAIRALAND. What could this site be? I always wondered and I memorized the name from there. I think what helped is the name of the platform, what could he be doing on a site named NAIRALAND? I was particularly interested about the 'Naira' part because then I thought this platform teaches people how to make money (well, it does).

At that time I didn't have a phone of my own and I couldn't create an account, all I do was just borrow phones to view the site as a guest. I got my own phone after secondary school and since then, I've been an active member of this platform.

And jsyk, I am a silent reader of the Travel section (you probably know why, lol) it's one of my favorite parts of this place. Another favorite section of mine on this platform is the Programming section grin

The information and knowledge that I have gotten from this place is invaluable, and I'm grateful to the creator and management for their efforts.

From my observations, I think the management needs to work more on the marketing of this site, this platform isn't popular as it should be. This place should be the frontpage of most Nigerians ( is it Uraniums? grin) on the internet.

I hope to see this site become really popular as much as I hope it would.

Woah, that's a lot...
Can you share your own story with us? How did you get here? cheesy

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by hslbroker2(m): 3:08am On Jun 04, 2021
Through Google search 2006, I search for the best forum in Nigeria google brought this site and I registered.

Check out some of the threads I have created here that make front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/2095730/calculating-numbers-blocks-need-fence/14

172, 051 views

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Freestainworld(m): 3:34am On Jun 04, 2021
Through my younger bro

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Cossybob(m): 3:38am On Jun 04, 2021
Through a guru friend... I can tell you, my friend literally knows almost everything, one will think he is an alien cheesy grin grin

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chukwuibuipob: 5:06am On Jun 04, 2021
sad
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Wawelexy(m): 5:16am On Jun 04, 2021
I used to brag about naijaloaded of makinde as the best site in nigeria(tho it was new then), before a friend ask me to check out nairaland. I was a guest for a couple of years cos i was addicted to naijaloaded due to music download. But recently, i was convince that nairaland is another world entirely cos of variety of people u meet and the way they reason and comment.

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by KingAttitude(m): 5:21am On Jun 04, 2021
hslbroker2:
Through Google search 2006, I search for the best forum in Nigeria google brought this site and I registered.
Exactly! Google redirected me, though I've heard about Nairaland during an argument in comparison to Linda Ikeji Blog @ my Villa back then on Campus (`2013)

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:36am On Jun 04, 2021
Was drinking beer... Had an argument with some friends, someone close to my seat decided to research our topic of discussion... Then as he showed me the news on Nairaland; I was more concerned about the comments as they were funny. So thereon I kept browsing the page

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Couldn't recall exactly how I came to know about the website. But I know I used to visit nairaland and other sites for java games, like donprosperT, sefan.ru, waptrick, wapday, mobile9, getjar...(java and symbian users can relate).

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Vyzz: 7:48am On Jun 04, 2021
cool

Through freebasics...

Then I started visiting like regularly then finally opened an account

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by BrownSugar8(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Shellsploit: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
Was trying to query google on a search about politics and boom, i landed on nairaland website with so many mentions on a particular moniker called "Amuocha" ... The "where's lalasticlacla sef " crooner grin

Guess he has deactivated his moniker.

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Godada(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021

Thru my best half

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by emmabest2000(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
2012 while reading Samson Siasia interview on Nigerianworld , He said something about people on Nairaland spreading rumors about him ,
I immediately type www.nairaland.com and boom � since that day till date grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by psychologist(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
I first heard about nairaland many years ago when I was having a discuss with friends about young entrepreneurs and one of them mentioned suen osewa and how he is a drop out and yet created Nigeria's no 1 forum

What really made me registered was because of one brother in church, I usually sit close to him in church, each and everytime when the pastor is teaching or the choir are ministrying, man is always on nairaland page (rccg P.O.R) I still don't known your name or have we spoken before, but if u see this post mention me grin

24 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by nextBIGthing: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
Ok

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
Through Buhari, I was checking for the most useless president in Africa for 2020 (that was around January this year) and I saw a topic on Nairaland that's how I registered and became an active member.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Xenasep: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
Oh wow
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by martyns303(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
I had just finished secondary school and was working in my uncle’s cyber cafe. This IT guy will come and spend hours surfing the web, 1hr was N150, and back in 2006 N150 was something, And this guy spends hours. I could monitor what he was doing from my system as admin, so I decided to check out the website he’s always on (Nairaland). Soon I was hooked, registered 2007 and has been a member since then.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by sotall(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
undecided

First time I saw this site was in 2007 grin grin

Then the text was not like this.

Though nairaland has undergone upgrades , it still lagging behind in many features that is common with other social media sites.

Nairaland should have a dislike button.

Site should be capable of video uploads

The emoticons should be upgraded to look more realistic.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by money121(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
Ok
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by money121(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
Babtunz:
Here's a fun and an engaging question I'd like to ask all Nairalanders.

How did you learn about this platform the very first time?
Can you remember the very first time you visited this website?

Did you learn about it in an advert, a Facebook post, Twitter or someone referred you here?

I'm asking this because I can't forget how I learned about this platform.

To answer the question, I'd go first...

I came across this platform sometime between 2015 and 2016.
I was a secondary school finalist then, and the person I lived with happened to be an IT expert, he's always on his laptop and then I'd see him scrolling down a site with green text almost everyday. I was interested in knowing what's he's doing here and what really caught my eyes was the name of the site. NAIRALAND. What could this site be? I always wondered and I memorized the name from there. I think what helped is the name of the platform, what could he be doing on a site named NAIRALAND? I was particularly interested about the 'Naira' part because then I thought this platform teaches people how to make money (well, it does).

At that time I didn't have a phone of my own and I couldn't create an account, all I do was just borrow phones to view the site as a guest. I got my own phone after secondary school and since then, I've been an active member of this platform.

And jsyk, I am a silent reader of the Travel section (you probably know why, lol) it's one of my favorite parts of this place. Another favorite section of mine on this platform is the Programming section grin

The information and knowledge that I have gotten from this place is invaluable, and I'm grateful to the creator and management for their efforts.

From my observations, I think the management needs to work more on the marketing of this site, this platform isn't popular as it should be. This place should be the frontpage of most Nigerians ( is it Uraniums? grin) on the internet.

I hope to see this site become really popular as much as I hope it would.

Woah, that's a lot...
Can you share your own story with us? How did you get here? cheesy

Impart Of Nairaland Forum In My Life & My Roofing Business (True Life Stories)

>> https://www.nairaland.com/5913335/impart-nairaland-forum-life-roofing

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by MasonKendall(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
I was looking for Airtel and MTN cheat on Google. Nairaland was referred.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Bustincole(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
To cash cruise

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by chiemmanuel(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
When I wanted to find out the salary structure of the central bank of Nigeria
I came across the thread where some people were agitating for CBN job , maybe there was a failed recruitment, the leader of the agitation suddenly went cold and it was rumoured to have been employed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by emmancecute(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
Through google search, was searching for Job in 2008.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2021
grin. This was my first sight and experienced on Nairaland grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / Take This Personality Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.