Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? (26056 Views)

HOW COVID-19 AFFECTED YOUR JOB OR BUSSINESS ? / Recruitment For Short-Term Consultancy At NCDC In The 19 States Affected / N-power Removes Double Salary Earners, See Those Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by DONFASZY(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
faceland:

He has a big ego. He feels no one should correct him.
he is a professional fool and this will finish him soon
I pray he makes more mistakes and russia usa uk france china etc come to our aid to destroy all his plans against Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by berrystunn(m): 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
I don't understand.. why no body is calling on APC
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
faceland:

Instagram and Facebook wants you to pay money to get seen. It is places like Twitter and YouTube that you can grow organically (without ads people would still discover your post is you use the right tags and keywords).
Wow, never knew about that of YouTube, could you throw more light, thanks
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by just2endowed: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2021
Quelme:
They should be banned and the keys thrown into the lagoon. Nonsense Twitter!!!

No room for double standard!!!

Bros, you have to report. The report button is there.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by ityP(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:
Banning Twitter in Nigeria is a petty and thoughtless move by the FG. But then, in the first place, Twitter shouldn't have the power to delete a president's tweet (any president whatsoever).
The Nigerian government and Twitter have both equally erred!

This shows how we Africans think. A whole sitting president had his account suspended by twitter and heaven didn't fall. That's a country who understands rights. You choose to use Twitter, you must abide by twitter rules. You can't start forming oga on top another person app. No be Buhari papa get twitter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by amrichy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
Kinzo0917:
. Was Truim twitter account not banned? Is buhari beta than him? Abeg go sleep. Mumu

So because Trump's account was banned, that has made it something right abi? Abeg wake up from your sleep and think. Dulllard
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by ityP(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2021
Quelme:
They should be banned and the keys thrown into the lagoon. Nonsense Twitter!!!

No room for double standard!!!

You want the govt to finish patapata grin. They should ban it permanently abeg. It will fasten the division of his useless contraption grin

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by PROPEACE: 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:
Banning Twitter in Nigeria is a petty and thoughtless move by the FG. But then, in the first place, Twitter shouldn't have the power to delete a president's tweet (any president whatsoever).
You are funny. What concerns Twitter's hate speech policy with the status of a president? You mean they should ban other posts that are hateful but should let it slide if it comes from a president? You think Twitter is a government ministry?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by faceland: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
Macsjebs:

Wow, never knew about that of YouTube, could you throw more light, thanks

Simply start a Channel and make videos on searchable content (not ads but interesting topics within your niche but pitch your produce in-between the video). Some content creators get famous without spending a penny, other give up or are unlucky.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
faceland:

Simply start a Channel and make videos on searchable content (not ads but interesting topics within your niche but pitch your produce in-between the video). Some content creators get famous without spending a penny, other give up or are unlucky.
Then the visibility?, without many subscribers, how would the video become searchable?

You mean using keywords words in description and title right?
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by plankyjacky(m): 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
Reputation build over the years on Twitter by young Nigerians , government and private institutions are not left out.

People have trust news from Twitter than the conventional news outlet . When was the last time you watch nta?

You can't enter for a game and decide to change the rule. Every player have to play by the rules of the game . Oga president inclusive . Afterrall Trump too was banned and he played by the rule

Swallow your pride Oga and let have our life back. You are not hurting Twitter but your people.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by biafranrealson: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
How does people make money on twitter?
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
A country where jobs cannot be created, the useless government is busy taking away people's online hustle. The only thing that buhari and his useless supporters can do is create problems

You must be thinking small with this your statement. A slight on your country should be condoned? No wonder some whites see us fit as hewers of wood and drawers of water.

When he losses millions of followers he'll know Nigeria is not just anyhow country.

Back to base, Buhari is not trying economically and in security, yes you have a point there, but to encourage someone to slap your wife, you must be high on something.
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by Narldon: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jamesrock:
I am a Twitter vendor and Twitter is the source of my breakthrough...

I don’t want to mention what I sell cos I wish to maintain my anonymity on nairaland

James, Forget anonymity. We know you sell medical Equipments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by amrichy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
ityP:

This shows how we Africans think. A whole sitting president had his account suspended by twitter and heaven didn't fall. That's a country who understands rights. You choose to use Twitter, you must abide by twitter rules. You can't start forming oga on top another person app. No be Buhari papa get twitter

The fact that Twitter did it to one president doesn't mean it's right. A president's official account ought to be accorded some respect.
By having the power to treat a president's tweet (a message to his/her people) anyhow, twitter indirectly has the power to greatly influence the politics of a country. This shouldn't be!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by srrrr(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
DONFASZY:
he is a professional fool and this will finish him soon
I pray he makes more mistakes and russia usa uk france china come to our aid to destroy all his plans against Nigerians
Sorry, but you're the fool here. You don't understand global politics. The countries you mentioned all support him secretely, because he serves their interest. No one is coming to your aid.
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by wacuc0: 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
A country where jobs cannot be created, the useless government is busy taking away people's online hustle. The only thing that buhari and his useless supporters can do is create problems

Nigerians has failed to create jobs right from the beginning. We are suffering it. We came to establish enterprises that last only our life time and close after our dead. If Abiola investments can go, then Nigeria can not make it through business. the mind of people that only Government should create employment is one thing that kills this African Nations.
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by wacuc0: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2021
plankyjacky:
Reputation build over the years on Twitter by young Nigerians , government and private institutions are not left out.

People have trust news from Twitter than the conventional news outlet . When was the last time you watch nta?

You can't enter for a game and decide to change the rule. Every player have to play by the rules of the game . Oga president inclusive . Afterrall Trump too was banned and he played by the rule

Swallow your pride Oga and let have our life back. You are not hurting Twitter but your people.

Twitter is an American system. China has theirs, India has theirs why cant Nigeria create theirs with over 200million people. Stop western patronage and be original. Spent 4 to 5 academic years in university and come out to wait for American to create for you to use. I think I am tired of this.
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by meobizy(f): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2021
If your business is affected by the ban, is your business sensible to begin with?
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by srrrr(m): 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:

The fact that Twitter did it to one president doesn't mean it's right. A president's official account ought to be accorded some respect.
By having the power to treat a president's tweet (a message to his/her people) anyhow, twitter indirectly has the power to greatly influence the politics of a country. This shouldn't be!
Don't mind him. If twitter have the right to delete the post of a president, then he also has the right to ban it. I don't support Buhari, but these media companies are playing god. If twitter was allowed in China, would they ban the post of any CCP leader.
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by MrPaul2: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
Nobody should complain oooo because in 2015 Jonathan told us before he handed over to him that we will remember all the freedom we enjoyed under his administration. Most of those complaining where the once that was chanting “sai baba” upandown in 2015 they all thought we were doing Jonathan. Even the northerners are regretting why they voted him now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by phemmyfour: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
Jamesrock:
I am a Twitter vendor and Twitter is the source of my breakthrough...

I don’t want to mention what I sell cos I wish to maintain my anonymity on nairaland
You wan do pass medical equipment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by Mccullum: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2021
I'm not affected because I used facebook and whatsapp.. Nothing consign me with twitter
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by nedekid: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:
Last time checked, Twitter is a privately owned company. Anybody that chooses to use Twitter is not a right but a privilege. It is not a right of any president! If the president is not happy with their app, then he should not use it!
Afterall, there is nta etc owned by government, so why not use nta? Why in the first instance will presidency be using an American based and owned app to make announcements?
When they now delete your post you shamelessly now block Twitter for the whole country forgetting thousands of Nigerians earn a living through the free services the app provides.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by srrrr(m): 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
wacuc0:

Nigerians has failed to create jobs right from the beginning. We are suffering it. We came to establish enterprises that last only our life time and close after our dead. If Abiola investments can go, then Nigeria can not make it through business. the mind of people that only Government should create employment is one thing that kills this African Nations.
Government is blaming the citizens for being lazy, and citizens are blaming the government for being corrupt and being sellouts. Lecturers blame students for being lazy and wayward, Students blame lecturers for being too proud and arrogant. Everybody is blaming everybody. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Nigeria has strong cultural issues
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by MrPaul2: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2021
HallaDaTruth:
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by srrrr(m): 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
nedekid:

Last time checked, Twitter is a privately owned company. Anybody that chooses to use Twitter is not a right but a privilege. It is not a right of any president! If the president is not happy with their app, then he should not use it!
Afterall, there is nta etc owned by government, so why not use nta? Why in the first instance will presidency be using an American based and owned app to make announcements?
When they now delete your post you shamelessly now block Twitter for the whole country forgetting thousands of Nigerians earn a living through the free services the app provides.
Do you know that Social media can be used to start a revolution against a government. I don't support Buhari or his government, but no reasonable government would tolerate this. Twitter has power and power must be controlled and regulated, else it'll get out of hand
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by bluefilm: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
Fück Twitter.

That's how much I care.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by DONFASZY(m): 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
srrrr:

Sorry, but you're the fool here. You don't understand global politics. The countries you mentioned all support him secretely, because he serves their interest. No one is coming to your aid.
I guess u should visit any psychologist and they examine ur secret madness and send d bills to me to pay - ur fada n ur mama na idiot to born goat like u
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by ityP(m): 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:

Abegi. Twitter has rules. If you go against the rules, you go hear am, no matter who you be. If Buhari wants to pass a message to Nigerians and he doesn't want it censored, he should use that nonsense station that uses Nokia C1 for its coverage (NTA) or one of these nonsense radio stations to pass his message. If he choose to use Twitter, he should better not say nonsense. If not, we will flock again and report and his tears afterwards will gladen our heart. Very useless, idiotic president
Re: Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business? by edoairways: 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
amrichy:
Twitter has the right to do whatever they feel necessary. Donald trump was banned yet heaven did not fall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally Gotten A Job / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site / NPGC Calling! What Are They Into Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.