Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia (12737 Views)

Policeman Shoots Abia Revenue Officials, Kills One (Photos) / Shi’ites, Police Officers Clash Again At Federal Secretariat Abuja (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Dies In Accident In Aba During Chase By Revenue Officers (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Metrix147: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
At least one person has been reportedly killed while about four others were hospitalised following a clash between officers of Abia State Board of Internal Revenue and traders at Timber Market in Umuahia on Monday.

ABN TV gathered that trouble started then the revenue officers stormed the market and sealed it, demanding that each trader should pay the sum of N18,000 only to have access to their shops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2wP9_Ng-7w
Not pleased by the decision of the state government, the traders put up a stiff resistance, insisting that they must be allowed to conduct their business activities.

The officers of the state Board of Internal Revenue were said to have sought the services of the state vigilante group to help in enforcement of the order.

This however led to a sporadic shooting, resulting to the death of one person while the four people that sustained various degrees of injury have since been hospitalised.

Our correspondent gathered a patrol vehicle and motorcycle belonging to the members of the vigilante group were burnt.

When ABN TV contacted him for a comment, the spokesperson of Abia State Police Command, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna confirmed the incident but however denied the death of anyone.

He said all those who sustained injuries have been treated and discharged, noting that the office of the vigilante men were also torched.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/06/one-feared-dead-as-abia-revenue-officers-clash-with-timber-traders-in-umuahia-photos-video/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Daveambition(m): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
What bloody right does the revenue agency have to seal people shop & then demand they pay 18k each before getting access to their shops..
Wey diz kinda shiii dey happen..??

Most of the uniform personnel in this Zooyard are the major cause of this insecurity and chaos.

Imagine say you leave houz, heading to ya shop for ur daily hustle and some ragtag uniform men refused yu from entering ur OWN shop; still come dey demand say you MUST pay 18k before dem allow you shade ur market..

Omo e no get as una take approach me, I go surely rascal give all of una; regardless...

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Fahdiga1: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
Igbos are not known for such. Maybe they are returnees from no man's land where Agbero is a profession

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Kandeed: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
They resisted the task force and vigilantee even at face of Gun or whatever tool they may come with. one thing I learnt from this thread is the marketers came together to resist oppression from those task force, I'm very sure they did not pay shishi and might not pay it, next time those task force would be more cautious

#Nigerians what your oppressors need is a stiff resistance
#If our parents fought for us we won't be here, is this the same Nigeria you want to bring innocent children into to continue the struggle from where you stop?
#The more you continue to cower in fear the more they milk you completely dry till there's nothing left
#Take back ur future forcefully from those rubbing you and continue rubbing you
#Nigeria currently owe over 10Trillion Naira debt and it's estimated every Nigerian both the suckling child owes China #15,000 each. what did they used the money for?
#Nigerians do you have jobs? No Can you sleep or move out in peace?
#Can the little money you have be enough to take you or ur family thr for a long time?
#June 12th is the time to make ur voice heard and it match felt
#Hit ur streets and say the word #Buhari we're tired
#Resist fear and oppression

5 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Golan007: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2021
My people...
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Chidexter(m): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Igbos are not known for such. Maybe they are returnees from no man's land Lagos

Rent free.

8 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Bola146(f): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
I just pity incoming generations embarassed When will all these wahala ends

5 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Karlovych: 3:46am On Jun 08, 2021
embarassed embarassed I'm sure they are the ones that usually hang out with owo mi da urchins in Lagos, they should have learnt well from their kinsmen before returning home

4 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by essenjack(m): 4:35am On Jun 08, 2021
thank God say nobody die nobody injure No property lost

3 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Sealteam(m): 5:11am On Jun 08, 2021
Everyday someone must be killed in this country.

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by sslcrypt: 5:19am On Jun 08, 2021
This is no news my friend

Taking a picture from different angles of one vehicle isn't news my friend.

Now Carnage is multiple vehicles with trail of destruction.

Sometimes we should weigh within ourselves if certain news is worth putting up.

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by escapefromusa(f): 5:22am On Jun 08, 2021
It was cause by Fulani herdsmen. The wanted to feed the cows at the timbershed.

But the almighty Ibos resisted them. Its a lie it was not a revenue officer .. it was fulani's smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Mindlog: 5:23am On Jun 08, 2021
Crude way of revenue collection.

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Mixedfruit: 5:26am On Jun 08, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed I'm sure they are the ones that usually hang out with owo mi da urchins in Lagos, they should have learnt well from their kinsmen before returning home
@karlovych you see, when I told you last year that you no longer have sense, you didn't believe me, now you have proved me right before the whole world

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by dele1727: 5:33am On Jun 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin

At least ...This is igbos vs igbos....

The noise will be less....

If you noticed....nobody here blamed the Governor or Government of Abia state....

Imagine it was Lagos......

Tinubu and Sanwo olu will be dead from those that will call their name.....

And this is the issue here....
People prefer to blame others for their problem

Blame fulani, yoruba, tinubu, sanwo olu, Buhari....

But you will never see them blame their own people
The once the elected/choose by themselves...

Instead of holding their leaders responsible...its other people's leaders that is the problem

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 08, 2021
May God bring peace to our land

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by IJOBA11: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Mixedfruit:
@karlovych you see, when I told you last year that you no longer have sense, you didn't believe me, now you have proved me right before the whole world
BORORO DESERT DWELLERS DEY GET SENSE
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by gambia(m): 5:47am On Jun 08, 2021
Sad news keeps dripping out of the fraud called Nigeria.
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Taiwojon(m): 5:47am On Jun 08, 2021
Oga

Early moi moi.

Na death news una bring.

Well
I bring good news.

It is all about JESUS
The Messiah
The Saviour of the world.

JESUS have done it all for you, just Repent from your sins and accept Jesus as your lord and savior then salvation is yours

2 Likes

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by gambia(m): 5:49am On Jun 08, 2021
you4me:
May God bring peace to our land

Blood of innocent souls are crying, the land needs cleansing
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by henryadex(m): 5:57am On Jun 08, 2021
I decree every spirit of destruction that has made Nigeria it's headquarters be consumed by fire in Jesus name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Franklyspeakin: 5:59am On Jun 08, 2021
B
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Franklyspeakin: 5:59am On Jun 08, 2021
H
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by GboyegaD(m): 6:13am On Jun 08, 2021
Stop trying to fathom how things could have degenerated to this point.
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Rugaria: 6:15am On Jun 08, 2021
You can't demand for taxes and rates and levies from a very marginalised and suffering people, when you can't show how you, as a government have been using such funds gotten from such taxations in the past to improve the lives of your people. Taxes should never be paid to a corrupt government..
It's evil to pay taxes to Evil governments..

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Koval12(m): 6:18am On Jun 08, 2021
Distress sales: I have a plot of land for sale at a very good price. The land is located at New home layout Umuchugbo Abakpa Nike, Enugu. It goes for 3m naira.

All documents are ready. I am in need of money to offset a bill. Interested buyer can contact me on 08030616695. You can also chat me up on WhatsApp.

Thanks...
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by meccuno: 6:21am On Jun 08, 2021
escapefromusa:
It was cause by Fulani herdsmen. The wanted to feed the cows at the timbershed.

But the almighty Ibos resisted them. Its a lie it was not a revenue officer .. it was fulani's smiley
pray seriously for wisdom before it's too late.
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 08, 2021
Everyone is just angry in that Southeast.
Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by tillaman(m): 6:26am On Jun 08, 2021
The country is just filled with angry souls
Everybody flares at any little thing
Even little kids are not left out, everybody dey feel am ruggedly

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by premierlead: 6:27am On Jun 08, 2021
Is this banditry or Fulani attack? This is ibo to igbo

1 Like

Re: One Feared Dead As Abia Revenue Officers Clash With Timber Traders in Umuahia by Badonasty(m): 6:27am On Jun 08, 2021
Biafra isn’t going to be an utopia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda / Nigerian Police Secure '933' Short Code For Free Emergency Calls, Info Sharing / Gunmen Attack Mai-Jankai In Plateau, Kill 3. Burial Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.