Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Why Did You Quit Your Last Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job (12046 Views)

I Just Got A Job Of 50k After I Lost My Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by GreaterFuture(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Because of Evil.

Pls I need Jobs, I am a professional House painter and decorator. Horticultural, flower Garden and beautification works are also in my skill set.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by efembaba(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2021
It wasnt getting me anywhere. Just rat race and moving in cycles plus the people there can be real jerks sometimes save very few people

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by bamicity(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
I quit because they sack me embarassed
We muuve..........

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by kaymart: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2021
entrepreneurship
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Ishilove: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2021
Job dissatisfaction.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by maximunimpact(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2021
I hate human bosses so I quit fvcking bank job, now no one tells me what to do

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by usman3688(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2021
It's was mentally draining, I could see there was no future for me in that place. You only get promoted if you are Loyal to the GM and he likes you, same condition applies is you want a pay raise, your effort isn't appreciated no matter what, there is a lot of risk involved some life threatening, you could be at work today and the next day be sacked for one flimsy reason, the work environment is toxic, too many sycophants they can say the truth once they see oyinbo. Anything wey oyinbo talk is final no one can challenge them. I can continue to list them but let me stop here. I was actually laid off, I was called back after a few weeks but I decline because they could lay me off again for the same reason I was laid off the first time and I wasn't down with so I told my self I'd rather stay jobless than go back there something I have no regrets for even though I don't have a job yet; at least my mental health is better now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by greenguy: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2021
GDM Group/Pavoreal Industries. Craziest work environment EVER!

Very scattered and exploitative works space. They own you 24/7 with their peanut pay which will NEVER EVER be complete and which you will almost ALWAYS beg for at the next half of the second month.

The definition of Management there is man and his wife, every other title there is pure slavery.

You can't be there and be sane.

Very mad place, ask around.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Auxtan(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2021
Skyfornia:
We were among the first people that started the company, we did so many things outside our job descriptions just to keep the company afloat. Even went for marketing...

But when the company started making progress, new set of people were brought in and offered salaries higher than ours. We complained and after few months nothing significant was done...so we moved!
Tho this heartbreaking I understand the management's stance. Sometimes to be successful you have to be ruthless and quit being emotional. Start-ups tend to take non professionals initially to be able to pay their salaries but when they start seeing big growth in essense bigger customers employing better professionals that comes with bigger pay pack becomes important. That's why wherever you are keeping building your CV to make yourself a hotcake-a can't do without wherever you are or will be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2021
I regret working in my former place of work. It was a new branch in my state. I was the first employee to help set everything up. I ran errands, attended meetings to represent my boss,did everything he asked me to,even outside my job description,but he never appreciated me for one day. He promised to increase my salary after three months,but even after one year, no change. He was just using me as a slave. Always pay salaries very late and sometimes I'll even be the one to call or text to remind him to pay me. I'd be dying of hunger and end up borrowing money here and there just to feed. You can imagine what i went through. Most times he calls at odd hours to ask me to do a job, the worst was on 31st of december @10pm,he still called to do a task when he knows i should be with my family celebrating the festive period. So selfish he is and one morning he chatted me that my salary has been reduced to almost nothing. Mehnn i had to quit before i lose my sanity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by fatymore(f): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2021
I got tired undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by iramure(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2021
I have not quit but surely soon because my boss is putting me under immense pressure owing to the fact that I dont subscribe to the deeper life doctrine he has been brainwashing me with.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by JahBwoy: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Underpaying Nigerians when other sites worldwide are receiving triple. Toxic work environment
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Trustedpronet: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2021
I have many enemies because I don't allow them steal from the company, so I quit to start mine.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Icterus(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2021
My last job was paying me 98k, my current job pays 500k....... My village people lost both the battle and the war.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by IdrisE(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2021
I hear say some people de endure unfavorable working condition. Not me��. Work one month collect my pay and go focus on my Installation business. I can't come and Kill myself for someone with everyday insult, increase in work specifications, spent allot of time waiting on management decision, yet the expect a complete work hour result from you.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Goldenheart(m): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2021
grin I was tired and I wanted to sleep
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by JohnNgene: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2021
They were owing me my March and April salaries till the middle of May. It wasn't funny at all maka chi.

If you've ever worked as a security guard, you'll know that the job comes with hours standing in the sun in addition to receiving insults from some people who see guards as hopeless wretches.

You won't blame them too much for such perception because truly guards earn as little as twenty thousand naira (N20,000) to about thirty thousand naira (N30,000) per month.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by noble4d(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2021
Hmm! I no be robot, I be human being. Even nowadays, robots dey tire. Those people used me sote I dey spend almost half of my monthly salary for hospital.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by money121(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by smogia1994(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2021
mehn bad work environment is bad ooh. outsource global is a pain in the ass thos people would use u and pay u peanutes. chia no pressing of pone, no break no leave no nothimg everything is scrab. and they pay below 50k, u must call abt 70 people daily as a customer representative and covine dem to open account, it asif we are all working for the GM useless people
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by tellsblinks(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2021
I taught in a school, trust me that job is stressful lipsrsealed

Meanwhile I'm hiring writers, interested? Send a DM https:///message/5YC6KIIGQMJYO1

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2021
Imagine clocking by 8 in the morning and closing by 9pm everyday, Sunday inclusive.
The funniest thing is that if you come in a minute after 8, your salary is deducted but you can close late even by 10pm without even appreciation.
I had to quit because of my mental health.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by JohnNgene: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2021
Icterus:
My last job was paying me 98k, my current job pays 500k....... My village people lost both the battle and the war.

Chineke mee! How did you go from earning 98k to earning 500k per month sir? How many years did the transition take? Did you change your occupation from say marketing to ICT?

Please could you create a topic to tell us your full story sir? Teach us how to fish biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by sircrabo: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2021
Skyfornia:
We were among the first people that started the company, we did so many things outside our job descriptions just to keep the company afloat. Even went for marketing...

But when the company started making progress, new set of people were brought in and offered salaries higher than ours. We complained and after few months nothing significant was done...so we moved!

That was unfair. Your reason to leave is justifiable
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Silvernus2020(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2021
I was paid #22,500 instead of #30k as agreed, I was teaching Basic Science, Basic Technology, P.H.E, and I.C.T for JSS1-3 and Maths, Bst, Handwriting and Quantity Reasoning for Basic 4,5 and 6
I had to leave,..... cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by chi4ik4(m): 10:23am On Jun 08, 2021
I resigned because my mental health was gone. She behaves like someone with severe to profound bipolar disorder. God, the 4 years was a hell. However: before I resigned, I was paying myself double of my salary. Now, I'm paying myself what the company can't pay me in 4 months.

Thanks be to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by tweakdude1: 10:29am On Jun 08, 2021
Skyfornia:

This exactly what am facing at my place of work.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by chinoonew09: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
That company hates you.

Don't mind them.... Only thunder would fire them
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by illicit(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2021
I quit teaching

It's an underrated and underpaid job

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? / List Of Successful Candidates For Traffic Management Agency Of Abia State / Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.