Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why Did You Quit Your Last Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Did You Quit Your Last Job (12044 Views)

I Just Got A Job Of 50k After I Lost My Last Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? / Will You Quit Your Job And Travel Abroad For Studies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by adonaimart(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Never accept an abusive situation or workplace.
Your professional journey, success and growth is yours alone.
You are the one making your boss rich, so you need to take care of you.
Once you start a job, start planning for either the next position with higher pay or move to the company of your dreams.
You do this through continuous personal development, certifications, conferences, networking, etc.
Show no loyalty to any boss who doesn't appreciate or value you.

Robertkenny:
Okoye Juliana

My last job was horrible. It was an incredibly abusive situation. It was a law firm and the main shareholder was a huge jerk. I always say this joke to a close colleague of mine “Our boss his here now, let watch the Devil wear Prada”. He would yell at you in front of everyone, curse and scream “Are you a craze lout?!”. One time he threw his lunch wrap at me because they delivered it with whole wheat wrap instead of spinach (I wasn’t the one who ordered it and even so, why would it be his assistants fault if the restaurant messed up?). He even yelled at his wife in front of everyone. People had literal panic attacks and mental breakdowns not only from the abuse but because he would place impossible deadlines and overall stress us out. We were working on a class action lawsuit. We were expecting to get literally over 10 thousand responses (if I remember correctly Defensive was arguing that the number of claimants was false and so now were requesting proof) and he wanted us to open every single one, scan them in and file them in by a certain date. I remember doing the math and if we (it was a group of 5 of us) literally stopped doing our jobs and just spend the next week opening letters from open till close we still would not be done on time, and that didn’t include scanning them in but he didn’t care. He would walk in and yell at us that we were too slow and not good for anything. One girl had a mental breakdown after she spent basically her last three days living at the office. She would sleep at her desk and shower in the gym downstairs because of how much work he gave her.

It was honestly one of the worst work environments I had ever been in, I finally give up the job last year. Before quitting my old job, I made sure I secured a better job with great management team.

Thank you Bogger for sharing my story.

Why did you quit your last Job? Kindly share your story.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by adonaimart(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
Bad bosses make good workers leave.
The boss isn't loyal and he forgets so easily.

He will reap what he sows.

I always advice that you prepare for your next job while still working.

Take your role as a career not as a job.

Skyfornia:
We were among the first people that started the company, we did so many things outside our job descriptions just to keep the company afloat. Even went for marketing...

But when the company started making progress, new set of people were brought in and offered salaries higher than ours. We complained and after few months nothing significant was done...so we moved!
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Aimolatunde1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
Six weeks after I got the job as a Fleet Analyst at Silver Freight and Allied Ventures (Sfav), I left due to toxic work culture and verbal abuse. Your salary will come at least a month late. You’ll work from morning till night, even on Sundays and blame shifting is a goto escape for almost everyone there. The HR will yell at anyone, as long as you’re a staff and they overload you with work of about three people.

You can try to cope, but I bet you’ll become jaded at the end.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by adaperry25: 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
We just work for the money so we survive..my boss will tell it to your face that there's no job so you either resign or cope.
I hope there'll be a silver lining in the cloud. I just need to be patient
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by pablo5282(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Robertkenny:
Okoye Juliana

My last job was horrible. It was an incredibly abusive situation. It was a law firm and the main shareholder was a huge jerk. I always say this joke to a close colleague of mine “Our boss his here now, let watch the Devil wear Prada”. He would yell at you in front of everyone, curse and scream “Are you a craze lout?!”. One time he threw his lunch wrap at me because they delivered it with whole wheat wrap instead of spinach (I wasn’t the one who ordered it and even so, why would it be his assistants fault if the restaurant messed up?). He even yelled at his wife in front of everyone. People had literal panic attacks and mental breakdowns not only from the abuse but because he would place impossible deadlines and overall stress us out. We were working on a class action lawsuit. We were expecting to get literally over 10 thousand responses (if I remember correctly Defensive was arguing that the number of claimants was false and so now were requesting proof) and he wanted us to open every single one, scan them in and file them in by a certain date. I remember doing the math and if we (it was a group of 5 of us) literally stopped doing our jobs and just spend the next week opening letters from open till close we still would not be done on time, and that didn’t include scanning them in but he didn’t care. He would walk in and yell at us that we were too slow and not good for anything. One girl had a mental breakdown after she spent basically her last three days living at the office. She would sleep at her desk and shower in the gym downstairs because of how much work he gave her.

It was honestly one of the worst work environments I had ever been in, I finally give up the job last year. Before quitting my old job, I made sure I secured a better job with great management team.

Thank you Bogger for sharing my story.

Why did you quit your last Job? Kindly share your story.
I quit my job because the new technical director doesn't have human sympathy and always insults everyone and doesn't even motivate anyone rather he was arrogant.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Dre183(m): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
CaptGroin:
MARKETING OFFICER
Qualification: ND, NCE, HND/B.Sc in any discipline
Possess at least 1 years working experience in any financial institution or related industry

Salary: 40k-60k, commission , transport and HMO

Interested candidates should send CV to firstglobal21@gmail.com

*PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN AS SUBJECT OF THE MAIL*

Which one be 40-60k

Just say you're paying 40k shikena

NB: those accepting this offer, just know it won't end well

My 2 cent

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by OBelz(f): 4:51am On Jun 09, 2021
Joysticks:
Afte reading all your comments I have come to the conclusion that all of us are just working for the sake of not being idle not because we love our jobs.
before nko
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Icterus(m): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2021
JohnNgene:

Chineke mee! How did you go from earning 98k to earning 500k per month sir? How many years did the transition take? Did you change your occupation from say marketing to ICT?

Please could you create a topic to tell us your full story sir? Teach us how to fish biko.

Of course I changed jobs from a state civil service to an international organization, transition took about 10 years, with a lot of self development and volunteering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by Adeplus: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2021
For me currently is be leaving soon just got the job I'm bearly 2 months salary is 50k, I spend 400 each day for transportation but I work Mondays to Sundays 10am to 10pm, no time for me, family, even church, I can't even think well, hoping I'd be able to cope my boss won't allow you share your opinion if there is issue "he's always right and give the instructions. I have has a one-to-one conversation with employees I met there they complain of the 10am to 10pm or they under pay them.

By the way this is a company I make 85k to 150k each day in sales that means over 2.9 million cash just myself on sales we are 3 sales representative on the main land and he has another branch in lekki with 3 other sales representative so in total like roughly over 17 million in sales CASH !!! THIS IS NO JOKE HERE.

It's a Food Company they look small but mheen customers dey troop in to buy.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by tosaino95(m): 3:48am On Jun 15, 2021
PythonDeveloper:
I didn't quit, I was axed (in the same week I was planning to quit due to the Mess of an organization they were). Since then I've been making at least 2x my salary monthly doing legit businesses and also having free time to do other things and learn new skills.

Right now the Organization and it's staffs are not finding it funny(An educational organization which failed their recent accreditation) and I have every reason to believe it was established for the sole purpose of Money Laundry

It sounds like you're now a programmer if you don't mind can you please teach me programming languages.
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by passionberry(f): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2021
[quote author=Cholls post=102497618] My brother tribalism[/quote

Same here ,,tribal war .oooh,envy ,jealousy,just hate mostly from ladies ,some even said I used charm to charm ogas Dem cos they do things in my favor and annoying part work mon -sat for merger salary I quit mbok..I can not come & kill myself ..if you know what you are doing and know your job people go hate you but we move ..God no go shame us
Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by passionberry(f): 8:38am On Jun 15, 2021
eveninnewspaper:

The story of my last job! I did all sorts- from accounts, to customer service, to admin, to marketing...just to keep it running at a low cost and the midget still slashed the pioneers' salaries by 1️5% against the upward review of salaries he had promised us once ROI starts yielding. And, to crown it all, he began paying the old staff their due salaries at the end of a new month, so as not to leave. I resigned from the job and didn't get paid. He deducted pension without remitting a dime.

My closing time was adjusted from 5pm to 7pm and he'd call me up to report to the office at 9-1️0pm just because I lived near the office. Monday- Saturday and would still order us to come on Sundays. No day off! If we were not taking items to his house, he was mandating us to go to the field or to meet with clients at various locations. No lunch. Only calculated t- fare given. Haaa!

He called us poor at the slightest snap.

Most Nigerian employers are users.
I'm telling you most Nigerian employers dey use us catch cruise oh and use people like slave

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Quit Your Last Job by tosaino95(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2021
PythonDeveloper:
what's your location?
Isolo in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd. / Rite Foods Nig Ltd, Shagamu, Ogun State / How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.