Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore (17887 Views)

Which Of These Two Careers Can Help Me Migrate To The US? / Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
Statistics has it that the percentage of youth unemployment in Nigeria is 33.3% but ask a Nigerian youth and you hear over 50%.

Who.has employed all the graduates from 2017, 2018 and 2019 ?

We all know its above 50% youth unemployment rate in Nigeria. In Spain, it's about 40% youth unemployment rate, a country whose economy is.highly dependent on tourism and hospitality, a business among the worst hit by Covid 19.

It's not what you studied, there are Nigerian youths earning N500k everyday, there are others who have never seen N100k since they graduated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by IkengaRussell(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
NaijaSumi:

Thanks so much for your kind response. I appreciate

God bless..

1 Like

Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by ultimatekint(m): 6:12am On Jun 10, 2021
Of what relevant is Agronomy?
Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by budaatum: 9:21am On Jun 10, 2021
uncleck:
Imagine spending 4/5 years studying any of those courses, wait for your clearance for a year, do NYSC for another one year. Start all over again to task your friends and relatives for money to secure farm land and resources which will definitely be higher than the amount you spent schooling. You invest more money on training and retraining to be able to manage your farm. Afte all said and done your crops start growing after applying very costly manures and fertilisers. You wake up one morning to discover that cows have eaten them up?

Maybe you're safe from cows because cows doesn't eat all kinds of agricultural products or maybe your area is safe, but thieves, government taskforce, area boys, inflation etc make a mess of your efforts.

Maybe you scare through those huddles, cost of transporting your end products, competition from imported alternatives etc will kill your little moral. Imagine how much a cup of well processed imported rice is compared to local, unrefined rice? Cost of production coupled with scale of production is not a joke.

After 5 years of fruitless investment and optimism, you give up, and Start carrying cv up and down. Las Las a A retired Deeper life school proprietor will hire you to teach 5 subjects at 25k/month. Those people are sadists

When he can't take it again, comes to nairaland to sell Aba made plain and pattern.

The only way these courses would be useful is if there are large scale agricultural enterprises in the company that can employ people with those skills.

The above is precisely why I said, "add brain".

If I were one of those you were tapping for money I would have identified in your business plan that you relied too much on imagining and optimism and never addressed your threats, and I would have decided you were a bad investment and would have turned you down so cattle does not eat my money due to your lack of diligence.
Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by uncleck: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2021
budaatum:

The above is precisely why I said, "add brain".

If I were one of those you were tapping for money I would have identified in your business plan that you relied too much on imagining and optimism and never addressed your threats, and I would have decided you were a bad investment and would have turned you down so cattle does not eat my money due to your lack of diligence.
Turning down a proposal and criticising it is one thing. Helping out with better suggestion is another thing.
Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by budaatum: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
uncleck:

Turning down a proposal and criticising it is one thing. Helping out with better suggestion is another thing.

I have suggested you add brain to your proposal because your proposal, by your own admission, has obviously failed.

As we say where I am from, if your ogbono does not draw cook okro.

I'd post a video, but could not find one, if anyone could oblige please.
Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by Greatdand007(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2021
IkengaRussell:

I am an Independent agent,i dont work for any company.There are a lot of Independent agents here in Onne that can give you a job..Which city do you live in?

Lagos igando plz let me have your number

1 Like

Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by Agbebakun22: 11:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hintona:
I haven't seen anything on storage especially storage of dry foods, that sector is very lucrative you should check out Ovaioza on Facebook she's doing very well she encourages people to invest in the business.

U are right that babe na boss lady, I was amaze reading a lot of things in her group today and her philanthropy gestures.. She's kind and I will love to learn about the business and I don't mind pay for an hour to have a business tips from her

3 Likes

Re: Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore by Babbangona: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / 5 Tips To Avoid SACK In This Economic Period. / 5 Signs Your Boss Is Taking Advantage Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.