Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? (23030 Views)

Topupvista.com Agent Job: Make 100k Weekly / Part-time Job, Make #5000 Or More Daily. / Slavery 9am-5pm Is Settling For Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Reference(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

He is rich not wealthy.

Thank you.
This misconception is all too common these days particularly in an environment of rampant poverty.
Folks often mistake the articles of productivity for productivity itself. So money to them is a yardstick of wealth, which is wrong.
Wealth is not physical, but resides in the head and the heart. It is about competencies, ideas, inspiration, systems and organisation, values, culture, etc, THE WAY OF LIFE.

That is why Nigeria is mistakenly described as a wealthy country because of its extractive resources while at the same time dominates the base indices for life and living.

In a nutshell. You can be rich without being wealthy, but it is extremely hard to avoid becoming rich when you acquire or attain wealth.

And like i said, in employment where your resources are sequestered it becomes extremely difficult to organise values around wealth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by skayT: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
Z not! Only in your dreams. Mind you he's talking about paid employment, and not entrepreneurship!
joceey:
Why not
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by larrypourl(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

Lmaooooooooooo
1m monthly. Even State Governor never collect an

Don't say such brother, people actually earn big, let's just pray we get there. I know one earning 700k as far back as 2013, one earns over 1m monthly at the moment.

Make God pick our call jare

2 Likes

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
majamajic:
On a particular forum one guy said he is looking for a wife to marry , that him is very ok , but need a wife that is beautiful and earn from 150k monthly and above , and must screenshot present account balance

Na so we sit down dey observe confirmation of ladies salaries and account balances , since then I come double my hustle . A particular 26yrs old earn 450k monthly , one 23 yrs old posted salary confirmation of 580k , but she was ruled out cos she was under age , the guy demanded from 25yrs , about 100 of the husband applicants earn above 150k
Please tell me the forum. I need to mingle with the rich.
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2021
Reference:

Thank you.
This misconception is all too common these days particularly in an environment of rampant poverty.
Folks often mistake the articles of productivity for productivity itself. So money to them is a yardstick of wealth, which is wrong.
Wealth is not physical, but resides in the head and the heart. It is about competencies, ideas, inspiration, systems and organisation, values, culture, etc, THE WAY OF LIFE.

That is why Nigeria is mistakenly described as a wealthy country because of its extractive resources while at the same time dominates the base indices for life and living.

In a nutshell. You can be rich without being wealthy, but it is extremely hard to avoid becoming rich when you acquire or attain wealth.

And like i said, in employment where your resources are sequestered it becomes extremely difficult to organise values around wealth.

Money is used to transfer and quantify wealth.

Real wealth is assets( land, shares, investments, factories, bonds etc)
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by skayT: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2021
Even a salary of #1m won't make you wealthy in this present day Nigeria... Wait until $1 =#1,000, you go soon know how far the Nigerian economy has been brought to the gutters. Naija is gone!
wildikeman:
Impossible.... Except you are being paid 500k per month

1 Like

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
bozzyjoan:
I don't know your definition of being wealthy.
If For Example Someone Earns 520k per month, Stays In Ikorodu And Work On the island. Married And Having A Baby Girl.
Expenses For The Month.
Tithe 52k
Transport/Fueling/Car Servicing/ 120k
Feeding 100k
Savings 100k
Miscellaneous 100k
Savings2-48k

Note: There Are Always Close To 100k Change remaining From Feeding And Miscellaneous In Some Months.

Is This Person Wealthy?
When you can use your 9 to 5 salary to establish your own companies that will generate revenues that runs into millions of naira that after retirement you can run your business successfully and make profit without having to steal from your employer to do such.
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Bamz(m): 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Joysticks:
Can a Nigerian hard-worker get rich from a 9 to 5 monthly salary without involving in runs?
I don't mean politics where the politicians allawees are higher than their salary.
I mean genuine salary earners who don't engage in illegal activities to make extra income at their workplaces?

Start a career (foundation) - stage 1

Amass savings and corporate experience whilst testing the waters for your own hustle - stage 2

Exit and become self employed - stage 3

People in the civil service literally spend their youthful years in working for the government with a promise of pension in their old age.

Your aim is to enjoy best of both worlds. By the time you spend a minimum of 5 years working, you should have a slight idea of what you want to do. The time you allocate to stage 2 is solely at your discretion but if you'll look at around at most successful people, you'll get a clue.

This also applies to people who work for multinationals. All you basically do from a grand outlook is trade time for money, whether you earn 150k per month or its 5m per month. If you've found a way to atleast triple your pay whilst having your free time, I'd say you're on your way to financial liberation.

You can retire young and enjoy yourself.
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by dettolgel: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

He is rich not wealthy.

You are right
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by dettolgel: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
malaria:
you say?

He was head hunted from the states
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Cutehector(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
majamajic:
On a particular forum one guy said he is looking for a wife to marry , that him is very ok , but need a wife that is beautiful and earn from 150k monthly and above , and must screenshot present account balance

Na so we sit down dey observe confirmation of ladies salaries and account balances , since then I come double my hustle . A particular 26yrs old earn 450k monthly , one 23 yrs old posted salary confirmation of 580k , but she was ruled out cos she was under age , the guy demanded from 25yrs , about 100 of the husband applicants earn above 150k
which forum cry
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Adek15(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
The highest level reached with 9-5 is being comfortable. You can never be wealthy with only salary even if you are a manager of ExxonMobil in Nigeria. Not in Buhari's Nigeria
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by clems88(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
Depends. As for me ,I'm quitting mine because it's waste of time. Salary less than take home. Thank God for my online biz that feeds me n my family angry

1 Like

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Judolisco(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2021
seunfape:
ogbeni forget patient, salary earner is limited to managing life.
who on dis earth is not managing life?
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Babitee1(f): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lol. Noooooo
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by seunoj: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2021
Joysticks:
Just like bill gate,ellon Musk,etc.Where Forbes will give details of how you make your billions legitimately and list your net income in millions or billions.

It’s not possible. Paid employment can never get u there

1 Like

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by LyfeJennings(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Rich - YES
Wealthy - N.O
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by freeman67: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2021
Joysticks:
Can a Nigerian hard-worker get rich from a 9 to 5 monthly salary without involving in runs?
I don't mean politics where the politicians allawees are higher than their salary.
I mean genuine salary earners who don't engage in illegal activities to make extra income at their workplaces?

Yes it can. But that would mostly depends on
how you save, invest and spend. How much responsibilities you have to cater for. Leaving below your means, not allowing undue influence from peer pressure etc...
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Xhuntra: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
Romanoff:
Nope.

Not even if you work in a multinational company.

Only way out is to save as much as you can on your salary, start a business on the side and once the business is stable, resign.
See this one... With a salary of 7m per month, u can be rich as much as u want. Some multinationals pay up to that. Most staff of multinationals make much more money than ur so called business people
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Javalord000(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2021
Depending on the kind of job, salary earners hardly becomes rich based on their salaries alone,

Except in large oil companies etc, where you’ve attained the level of a manager and above

1 Like

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by bigpicture001: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Even abroad..it doesnt make one wealthy
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by wildikeman(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2021
skayT:
Even a salary of #1m won't make you wealthy in this present day Nigeria... Wait until $1 =#1,000, you go soon know how far the Nigerian economy has been brought to the gutters. Naija is gone!

Bro... I wake up everyday feeling pangs of anxiety. I remember when 50 naira could feed a family
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by mkoabiola: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
What is runs?
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
joceey:
Why not

nope - ask dangote andObi cubana
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by profmallor: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
There are jobs and there are jobs. The CEO of Apple is also a 9 to 5 person, but his package is not in this world. There are IT consultants, Bankers and medical practitioners that make enough to consider themselves very rich. The less people that have your skill set the more likely for you to be paid handsomely, get fat bonuses and generally live a life of affluence. However, the bulk of jobs in Nigeria would NEVER make you rich, it would barely get you home nor feed you. That's majorly due to poor pay, inflation and rising cost of living.

That said, from the CEO of Big companies to the cleaner in Nigeria, if you dont pursue multiple sources of income your will never remain rich if you ever got to attain it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by SocialJustice: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
Joysticks:

A 9-5 can actually make you rich. It is a matter of being able to land such job. The thing get levels, there are people doing $8k monthly salary, not manager, even N15m monthly, likewise people doing N50k monthly.

It is a matter of getting the job.

I know guys who are retired and after receiving over N200m lump payment, they still receive over N1m monthly. They are not even graduates.

Like I said, the thing get level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by dabossman(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Joysticks:

What do you consider to be wealthy? How much do you think you need to have to consider yourself wealthy? This is probably the first place to start. It can be a very subjective topic.
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by Romanoff(f): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Xhuntra:

See this one... With a salary of 7m per month, u can be rich as much as u want. Some multinationals pay up to that. Most staff of multinationals make much more money than ur so called business people

So with 7million per month, you think your lifestyle will be that of someone who wants 100k?

The car you drive, you think it's toyota Uber you'll be driving?..

It you think you'll be going to Iya Basira to eat.

Your lifestyle will make that 7m a month look like nothing.
I know someone who was earning 2.5mil monthly as far back as 2015. He had worked for the company for 8 years, resigned and started a farm on a 50 hectare piece of land in Kogi. Dude has his own house and an oyinbo wife by his side.
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
majamajic:

Nawa! Where them dey see this money?
Above 150k/month? This money must go round. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Romanoff:

So with 7million per month, you think your lifestyle will be that of someone who wants 100k?

The car you drive, you think it's toyota Uber you'll be driving?..

Corolla done suffer sha. grin
Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by JARUSHUB: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2021
1. N4m average per month https://www.zikoko.com/money/naira-life/the-nairalife-of-an-oil-company-accountant-who-just-cant-save/
2. N2.5m average per montth after tax and pension https://www.zikoko.com/money/naira-life/the-nairalife-of-an-oil-company-accountant-who-just-cant-save/

I don't know what you mean by wealthy, but if it is having a net asset of N100m-N300m (net worth, not necessarily cash) in your late 30s to early 50s, then that's pure water in the upstream oil and gas industry.

Most of the top upstream oil and gas guys have at least 2 houses from their 30s, each worth between N30m to N80m depending on location. Some have up to 5 by their 40s to early 50s.

Those that are investment savvy also have other investments.

Some easily walk away with N10m bonus in a year. Could be as low as N2m for some.

If you are made redundant or resign in some of these companies, you could walk away with between N20m to N150m as gratuity/compensation for loss of job after say 10-15 years of working depending on the size of that company.

These are 9-5 guys!

1 Like

Re: Can A 9am To 5pm Job Make Someone Become Wealthy In Nigeria Without Runs? by danjaD(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Never!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.