Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What (5939 Views)

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / Aps That Can Make You Rich / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Thatdave(m): 2:04pm On May 04, 2011
hi guys. i want to be
developing .jar mobile apps what
language and IDE do i use?
where do i even start? am a php
programmer and a web
developer. is this an adge?
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by IG: 11:21am On May 05, 2011
You need to know the Java language first. Then you need Java micro edition development tools. Not sure but I think it's called Java wireless toolkit. Do some readings about j2me.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Thatdave(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2011
thanks so much @IG I Hope to meet someone who has been into the soup.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by csharpjava(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2011
If you decide to use java then you need an emulator first so that you can run your mobile apps on a computer before deploying it on mobile devices.
I will find time to come back and give you sample codes to get you started.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Zeta(m): 1:24am On May 19, 2011
If you are just a php programmer then I think you've got a long way to go. Like one of the others said you need to know Java, but the thing is Java comes in three forms, Java SE, Java EE(Web applications programming), and Java ME. Java ME(Micro Edition for mobile devices) is what you want to know, but you can't know that without knowing the foundation which is in Java SE(Standard Edition for desktops). After you are done studying and writing little desktop programs you need to download the Java ME 3.0 Platform SDK(its got an emulator, text editor and all you need for mobile applications development for CLDC, CDC and MIDP devices). Its free on the Sun, excuse me oracle website, java.sun.com. After you done playing around with this SDK you should now have enough confidence to get the SDK from Nokia(this has more specific APIs for just Noka phones). Goodluck.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by sweetpawn1: 10:12pm On May 26, 2011
HI, THATDAVE!
I DEVELOP MOBILE APPS. EVEN DID ONE THAT CAN MAKE FOLKS WITH SIGHT PROBLEMS MAKE CALLS!:
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-597731.0.html#
YOU CAN EVEN DOWNLOAD ONE I MADE AT MY SITE ON MY SIGNATURE THAT ALLOWS USERS TO CHAT O'ER THE INTERNET.

IT'S QUITE EASY TO DO REALLY. ALL YOU NEED IS NETBEANS- AND NETBEANS ONLY, A FEW TUTORIALS ON IT, AND THAT'S THAT!
YES YOU HAVE TO KNOW JAVA BUT NOT THAT DEEP! NETBEANS MAKES LIFE EASY!
JUST GET A COPY INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM AND START RIGHT AWAY!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Afritelly: 8:18am On May 27, 2011
Don't waste your time anywhere just go for QT: It is C++ opensource and free to use plus Qt Demos and Examples to get you started.

http://qt.nokia.com/products
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 27, 2011
Qt is good alright,but Java runs on all Platform Qt only run on those with Qt library which is just Meego, and Soon to be Dead Symbian.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Afritelly: 5:30am On May 28, 2011
Qt is good alright,but Java runs on all Platform Qt only run on those with Qt library which is just Meego, and Soon to be Dead Symbian.

Qt is crossplatform, it can be use for Desktop,Web,Embedded and so on. It is opensource.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by Thatdave(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2011
First of all i want to say a big Thank you to Jehova himself.
And to all you who have found time to show me the way.

I will try out QT. NetBeans , but first of all i have to Learn Java basics.

Thats all i got.
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate.
Re: I Want To Be Developing .jar Aps For Nokia Phones. Where Do I Start?developing .jar Mobile Apps What by sweetpawn1: 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2011
Good luck to you! Maybe sometime soon I will post a mobile app basics development tutorial.

(1) (Reply)

Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / So What Happened To Andela In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.