Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,248 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Pls Help, Should I Marry Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, Should I Marry Him (1750 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by OnyinyeGod(f): 4:44pm On May 04, 2011
I please an urgent reply from matured minds and christians too. I am a christian and a pentecostal for that matter, then there is suitor that is asking my hand in marriage. He is caring, loving but the problem is that he is a roman catholic. And i have told him to join me in my own church but he refused and said that he's whole family is catholic that he cant compromise his faith. I love this guy, pls what do i do?
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by ifyalways(f): 4:51pm On May 04, 2011
OnyinyeGod:

I please an urgent reply from matured minds and christians too. I am a christian and a pentecostal for that matter, then there is suitor that is asking my hand in marriage. He is caring, loving but the problem is that he is a roman catholic. And i have told him to join me in my own church but he refused and said that he's whole family is catholic that he cant compromise his faith. I love this guy, pls what do i do?
Marry your Pastor.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-631887.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-385788.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2286.0.html
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On May 04, 2011
No dont marry him, marry me, I am not Cat[b]HOLIC[/b], I am alco[b]HOLIC[/b]
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 04, 2011
OnyinyeGod:

Is it the same guy that impregnated your friend undecided
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by andypash(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2011
Am not a roman catholic cos am not in rome neither do i go to catholic church let me ask u a question what is wrong with catholic people are u saying they are not christain
The word catholic means saint so all christain are catholic but not roman catholic,we are in nigeria not rome
Is like saying the name of my churh is christain church that does not say that other churches are not christain
But let me advice u if u kno u cant go to catholic church dont marry him cos there will be misunderstanding sooner or later for me my wife cant go to any other church from the one am going i can marry from any church but the day u say i do,u have no choice than to do what i want
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by manmustwac(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2011
So a Pentecostal cannot marry a Catholic, a Muslim cannot marry a Christian, an Irish Protestant cannot marry an Irish Catholic and even some churches discourage their congregation from marrying outside their church. All this just proves religion dose not unite people it divides people
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Odunnu: 6:28pm On May 04, 2011
Poster, how old are you?
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by HighChief4(m): 6:37pm On May 04, 2011
OnyinyeGod:

No, you dont love him
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Basseti: 6:43pm On May 04, 2011
OnyinyeGod:

He is caring, loving but the problem is that he is a roman catholic.

How is that a problem?

Well, u dont have to marry him. U can always wait for a male in YOUR church to marry you.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by nonnyp(f): 7:55pm On May 04, 2011
Same happened 2 me,but i wil tel u wot ma pastor told me,, wot matters is being born again in catholic we also have charistmatic followers of GOD,while in some pentecostal we stil get fornicators.wot realy matters is ur relationship wt ur GOD.make sure spouse is a born again n nt a fanatic.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by dani1luv: 8:40pm On May 04, 2011
OnyinyeGod:

Is it not the same God you're serving undecided
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by OAM4J: 12:43am On May 05, 2011
Wahala.

What will happen to you if you marry him in a catholic church?
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by harakiri(m): 6:29am On May 05, 2011
. . .and tomorrow, they will claim 2 worship the same god. These are churches that use the same bible,recite similar prayers etc and yet, they act like rival cult groups. Religion has NOTHING good to offer mankind (except the benefactors). The day religious people start to reason rationaly, that's the day religion will cease to exist.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Busybody2(f): 6:26pm On May 05, 2011
^^^

Just made me read all that junk, first correctly saying the right things by querying if Catholics are not Christians too, only to put his foot in it by revealing his hyprocritical yansh that the woman has to toe his line.

The irony, psffft.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by DBestDoc(f): 11:54am On May 06, 2011
I tot u wer going 2 say dat the GUY u luv and want 2 MARRY is a MUSLIM.mchweee
If he cannot compromise his CATHOLIC faith and u cannot compromise your PENTECOSTAL faith.oya now make una part wayss.
Wat if he accepts to follw your faith and after your marrige he goes bck 2 catholic,what will u do?u better make up your MIND
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by DBestDoc(f): 12:04pm On May 06, 2011
BTW i dont see anytin wrong wit a CATHOLIC marrying a PENTECOSTAL.Heavenly race is PERSONAL.All u nid do is 2 bring up morally upright children.finishh
as far as im concerned, u dont ve a problem if this is d only problem u ve wit d guy
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Bossman(m): 11:34pm On May 06, 2011
Pentecostal, catholic, bishop, etc. Who gives a damn about all these factions these days, go the extent that it can determine who one marries! What a bunch of nonsense! If you love and care about each other, that's what should matter.

No wonder we have so many problems in Nigeria.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by Ivynwa(f): 12:05am On May 07, 2011
Don't let that bother you dear. Worshipping in some good pentecostal churches is a wonderful experience just like it is in Catholic church, I roll with the two and believe me I am having fun with God.
Do you think that God worries and bothers about whether you worship him from a catholic or from a pentecostal church? Mttcheew, just give him some sweet praises and worship, communicate with him from the depth of your heart in spirit and in truth and Baba God is chilling and smiling.
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by francisj(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2011
If you refuse to marry him, then you will have to wait for another guy,(Wonder how many years it took you to find this guy).
You gals of nowadays thinks husband full town like b4,"A bird at hand worth 2 birds on a tree "
Girls are at time very stupid ? Imagine even between christian, there is church segregation !!
What will happen if it were marriage BTW
!. Christian and Muslim
2.christian and traditionalist
3.Christian and peg an
4. Christian and cultist
5. Christian and Talibans

How are about voodoo's, jaw's ,buggist, Hindu, etc
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by vanillaz: 11:20am On May 09, 2011
i advice u also seek professional help and counselling from the team at www.namywedding.com/advice
Re: Pls Help, Should I Marry Him by vanillaz: 11:33am On May 09, 2011
hi,

please seek for more professional advice from www.namywedding.com/advice

(1) (Reply)

Does Body Magic And Green Tea Help Reduce Tummy Fat? / Ladies, This Is How To Ensure Your House Girl Does Not Snatch Your Husband. / Men! What Will You Do If Your Father Inlaw Slaps You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.