Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) (58980 Views)

Lasisi Elenu Shows Off Pregnant Fiancee, Rants About Her Pregnancy Urges / Ankara Gucci Rants About Lekki Flooded Roads / #bbnaija: Tboss Rants About New Housemates Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
I
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.
you are a lawyer, right
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Minjim: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
And her parent is making the decision for her..

Who are you to tell her being an Atheist is not good for her kid? shocked

You have comprehension issues.
Go read my comment and correct yourself
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Johnlegacy57: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
This is what you get by making a hoe have your child.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Johnlegacy57:
This is what you get by making a hoe have your child.

What makes her a hoe? because she doesn't want her kid to be brainwashed?

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
Minjim:

You have comprehension issues.
Go read my comment and correct yourself
Lol..

I get your posts loud and clear..

Bet you wouldn't be making these statements..

If the said mother is a Muslim..

But..

Being an Atheist..

You presumed to think being brainwashed with Christian religious mumbo jumbo is also good for her?

Let her choose when she grows up? grin

That is exactly the sh1t..

The mother doesn't want her child feed with any religious crap.. shocked

Is that too much to ask?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Minjim: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
FlipModeSquade:
Lol..

I get your posts loud and clear..

Bet you wouldn't be making these statements..

If the said mother is a Muslim..

But..

Being an Atheist..

You presumed to think being brainwashed with Christian religious mumbo jumbo is also good for her?

Let her choose when she grows up? grin

That is exactly the sh1t..

The mother doesn't want her child feed with any religious crap.. shocked

Is that too much to ask?

I don't impose religion on my kids. I only make sure the have sound moral values and personal relationship with God.

By religion I mean going to church and performing religious rites
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
Minjim:

I don't impose religion on my kids. I only make sure the have sound moral values and personal relationship with God

What is the difference

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

How has religious upbringing worked for the shithole called Nigeria?
read my post and ask reasonable questions. I am not the reason for the moral decay in the country
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Depressed101:
read my post and ask reasonable questions. I am not the reason for the moral decay in the country

Lol did I say you were?

How has religion helped the moral decay in Nigeria?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Lol did I say you were?

How has religion helped the moral decay in Nigeria?
you are implying that by not teaching moral lessons in schools Nigeria will be better?...
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Depressed101:
you are implying that by not teaching moral lessons in schools Nigeria will be better?...

Religious lessons are not synonymous to moral lessons, don't do that shit.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Religious lessons are not synonymous to moral lessons, don't do that shit.
i am very sure you never paid attention in primary school undecided
There's literally a list of moral lessons after every topic in both CRS And IRS...
Olodo backseat er undecided
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Depressed101:
i am very sure you never paid attention in primary school undecided
There's literally a list of moral lessons after every topic in both CRS And IRS...
Olodo backseat er undecided

Pls what is the moral lesson for judges 19 22-30

1 Like

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Pls what is the moral lesson for judges 19 22-30

Holy book my foot
you are disturbed stop quoting me
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Depressed101:
you are disturbed stop quoting me

You don't have an answer because you're a classic retarded religious nut.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by godlessmind: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
mariahAngel:

Atheism is a religion.

Eya....don't allow your phone to be smarter than you undecided.....

Your dictionary or Google will help you out lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Oh really? Like where ?

You're chatting shit and you know it.

Shut it and go to sleep......while I was taking my lil cousin to primary school as far back as 2004. His school doesn't not teach religious studies, I am talking of Festac Town, Lagos.

So i repeat, GTFO with your ignorance.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
mofedamijo:

Shut it and go to sleep......while I was taking my lil cousin to primary school as far back as 2004. His school doesn't not teach religious studies, I am talking of Festac Town, Lagos.

So i repeat, GTFO with your ignorance.

You're full of shit. Name of the school?

If they don't teach religion in the classes, they would definitely pray on the assembly ground.

You cannot escape religion in Nigeria. With the way Nigerians practise religion, you'd think it's only them that know about heaven.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by omonighoblessing(f): 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Did you read the article?
yes and you should read it over again
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

You're full of shit. Name of the school?

If they don't teach religion in the classes, they would definitely pray on the assembly ground.

You cannot escape religion in Nigeria. With the way Nigerians practise religion, you'd think it's only them that know about heaven.

You must be shitty....... I made my points very clear based on my experience. We are talking about religious studies, your stupid self is talking about praying on the assembly ground. Her comment was on religious assignment not assembly, but your dumb self still dragged it to assembly ground.

Goodbye booboo the fool.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
omonighoblessing:
yes and you should read it over again

If you read the article like you said, why the fvck would you suggest she takes her kid to a Muslim school when she already stated she's neither Christian or Muslim?? Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by omonighoblessing(f): 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

If you read the article like you said, why the fvck would you suggest she takes her kid to a Muslim school when she already stated she's neither Christian or Muslim?? Yeye.
I think that insult should be directed back to u... If she's neither Muslim nor Christian then why complain of the religion the child is taught.... I think you are the yeye in this case. cool
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
mofedamijo:

You must be shitty....... I made my points very clear based on my experience. We are talking about religious studies, your stupid self is talking about praying on the assembly ground. Her comment was on religious assignment not assembly, but your dumb self still dragged it to assembly ground.

Goodbye booboo the fool.

Don't deflect. Name of the school? You liar.

Praying at assemblies is another form of religious indoctrination and you know it.

If she isn't cool with religious assignments, you think she'll be cool with prayers at assemblies?

Dolt!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
omonighoblessing:
I think that insult should be directed back to u... If she's neither Muslim nor Christian then why complain of the religion the child is taught.... I think you are the yeye in this case. cool

because in Nigeria, either Christianity or Islam is taught! Get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
godlessmind:

Eya....don't allow your phone to be smarter than you undecided.....

Your dictionary or Google will help you out lipsrsealed undecided

I am more intelligent than my phone. I control it.
I don't need dictionary or Google to tell me that either...those information were inputed by humans after all.

In case you don't know, whatever course you live by is your religion.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Don't deflect. Name of the school? You liar.

Praying at assemblies is another form of religious indoctrination and you know it.

If she isn't cool with religious assignments, you think she'll be cool with prayers at assemblies?

Dolt!

Read what this guy posted and cure your ignorance...... Damn.

"Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has"
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
mofedamijo:

Read what this guy posted and cure your ignorance...... Damn.

"Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has"

Oh really? How many of you Christian hypocrites will be okay with Islamic studies or classes on hinduism? You won't sit there and call it 'education' so FOH with that hypocrisy.

I thought you bid me a goodbye?

1 Like

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Oh really? How many of you Christian hypocrites will be okay with Islamic studies or classes on hinduism? You won't sit there and call it 'education' so FOH with that hypocrisy.

I thought you bid me a goodbye?

I think you're a kid. Let me educate you on something.

Private schools in Lagos owned by Christians pray in Jesus name. Schools owned by Muslims pray in Allahs name.

I attended a Catholic high school in lagos, 30% of my classmates were Muslims. The school had a policy. All students must attend mass service twice every week. There were Muslim owned schools, however, because their parents values education, they enrolled their kids. My Muslim classmates attended Mass too. During Salah, we went to thier place to celebrate with them.

You have a shallow and myopic mind. Schools in the United States, South Africa, Ghana, Germany all pray in Jesus name. If you're not okay with that, enrol your child in a Muslim owned school. In China, I do not expect them to use Christianity on their assembly ground since they have their own religion. If you're not okay with that, enrol your child elsewhere.

STOP BEING IGNORANT AND MYOPIC.....
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Gfskw: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
mofedamijo:

I think you're a kid. Let me educate you on something.

Private schools in Lagos owned by Christians pray in Jesus name. Schools owned by Muslims pray in Allahs name.

I attended a Catholic high school in lagos, 30% of my classmates were Muslims. The school had a policy. All students must attend mass service twice every week. There were Muslim owned schools, however, because their parents values education, they enrolled their kids. My Muslim classmates attended Mass too. During Salah, we went to thier place to celebrate with them.

You have a shallow and myopic mind. Schools in the United States, South Africa, Ghana, Germany all pray in Jesus name. If you're not okay with that, enrol your child in a Muslim owned school. In China, I do not expect them to use Christianity on their assembly ground since they have their own religion. If you're not okay with that, enrol your child elsewhere.

STOP BEING IGNORANT AND MYOPIC.....

Right. Now the truth is out.

I thought you were saying they teach religious education just to inform and educate now you're turning around to say if they're Christian or Muslim they can teach whatever they want, if you don't like it go to hell.

You're full of shit. If it's just to educate and not indoctrinate, why aren't Nigerians open to teaching hinduism in schools?

This lady is neither Christian or Muslim where exactly is she supposed to take her kid to? Are you dense?

My point still stands, you cannot escape religion in Nigeria.

Schools in Germany and the US don't pray in Jesus name, you liar for Christ. And it is of no basis for comparison to Nigeria and other places in Africa as students have the option to opt out of religious prayers.

Are kids in Nigeria allowed to do the same?

You're the ignorant and myopic one..and disingenuous too. Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Minjim:

I don't impose religion on my kids. I only make sure the have sound moral values and personal relationship with God.

Nawa...
Una sabi confuse una sef.
What the hell is this supposed to mean? grin

1 Like

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by mofedamijo(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Right. Now the truth is out.

I thought you were saying they teach religious education just to inform and educate now you're turning around to say if they're Christian or Muslim they can teach whatever they want, if you don't like it go to hell.

You're full of shit. If it's just to educate and not indoctrinate, why aren't Nigerians open to teaching hinduism in schools?

This lady is neither Christian or Muslim where exactly is she supposed to take her kid to? Are you dense?

My point still stands, you cannot escape religion in Nigeria.

Schools in Germany and the US don't pray in Jesus name, you liar for Christ. And it is of no basis for comparison to Nigeria and other places in Africa as students have the option to opt out of religious prayers.

Are kids in Nigeria allowed to do the same?

You're the ignorant and myopic one..and disingenuous too. Hypocrite.

I speak from experience, am not here to tell you they said. Anyways, let me allow you wallow in your low I.Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Helen Paul And Gordons: Ay Carries Helen Paul Off The Stage / [PHOTOS] 5 Celebrities Whose Twin Kids Will Make You Green With Envy / Olamide Responds To NBC Banning His Song "Wo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.