Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,500 members, 7,826,875 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Career Advice Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Advice Needed (297 Views)

Career Advice / I Need Career Advice Please !!! / Career Advice Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice Needed by OlodoGraduate: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2021
Hello here.
I've been an avid follower of this forum for a fact and I really take interest in the Travel section, especially the ones that involve getting out of Nigeria through pursuing of higher level of education. In light of that, I've always wished to study harder and follow the steps of the lucky and blessed ones, but I'm kind of confused about how to achieve that considering the education pattern I'm treading upon...

I graduated from a 'new generation' college of education late last year. I studied Math/Physics.
I wish to further my education in the university through direct entry, but I'm in a dilemma of deciding rightly in the sense that I don't know the future prospects of the course I have in mind. I intend to study 'Education and Mathematics' (maybe in OAU)...
Re: Career Advice Needed by OlodoGraduate: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2021
In addition, I intend 'Mathematics' too (OAU doesn't accept NCE for DE to study Mathematics, tho some others do).
I need clarification on these two courses in terms of reliability, job prospect, gaining admission/scholarship scheme and so on.
Pardon my naivety and any errors or inarticulation my post reeks of. I'm just curious and want the best for myself.

Also, if there are other ways you can advice me to go by, I'll really appreciate...

cc; lalasticlala, Fynestboi
Re: Career Advice Needed by OlodoGraduate: 12:48am On Jun 16, 2021
Advice still needed

cc; lalasticlala , Fynestboi, Richiez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Advice Needed by chatinent: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
I value your success in life, bro.

Please, if possible, read a professional course that can make you hotcake to jobs, or employed immediately after graduation...unless you want Nigeria to end you up in a secondary school with an over-peeled leather it-was-a shoe and render you completely demotivated as to why you wasted years in school.
Re: Career Advice Needed by OlodoGraduate: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2021
chatinent:
I value your success in life, bro.

Please, if possible, read a professional course that can make you hotcake to jobs, or employed immediately after graduation...unless you want Nigeria to end you up in a secondary school with an over-peeled leather it-was-a shoe and render you completely demotivated as to why you wasted years in school.

Thanks a bunch sir.
Do you have any idea of where someone who studies Mathematics (not 'education and mathematics') end up?
Can you recommend any professional courses?
In addition, I'm a graphics designer; is it enough as a professional course?

(1) (Reply)

France – An Emerging Global Ed-destination / Online Bookstore In Nigeria / UNIZIK Suicide : "Our Son Did Not Die Because Of School Fees" - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.