Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent (1059 Views)

Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos / 3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by bastien: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello good morning!
I was angry and searching for an apartment last month due to some small wahala and no freedom at home, which I got an agent who took me to a pack out vacant house, I was really looking for a new house and all have seen for room and parlor was small size and very expensive... until this one big parlor and bedroom with two toilet (those was why I wanted it ) I went there at night and didn’t really see the building well or the backyard as I was only after getting the big parlor. Long story short!

I spoke with the lawyer of the house and made payment and after a week the key was given to me and I went there the next day being first of this month of June..... only to have bad taste about the house and building! the compound is tiled aside the main backyard which have palm tree and the landlord stays in the same building opposite the apartment I paid for. That tree alone discouraged me more and the water doesn’t run upstairs unless u come down to fetch from 2 storey building o (only the landlord dey receive running water upstairs cause he has a separate tank and pump only for himself while the tenant doesn't want to use their own prepaid meter or fuel the gen to pump water according to the lawyer). The work to be done and paint all just discouraged me and I called the agent and told him about my mind that I no longer want the house and dropped the key with him to get another tenant.

He told me if it is so only house rent of 280k will be refunded and not the agent and agreement 110k...I told him if so let them eat the 110k and get me the rent money back by renting it out.... I can wait till this month end..

Today he called that I should inform the lawyer since all the people he has shown the house to doesn't like the arrangements of using my name and not theirs. I called the lawyer and I told him my company I work with has transferred me to ikorodu I no longer need the house and he was rude and told me they no longer do such that I should lock the apartment for a year. ( Note I have never met with the lawyer nor have I been given the tenancy agreement doc or reciept of payment...only met with the landlord with my agent and the landlord said all transactions goes to the lawyer)

I don't care about the apartment or the agreement money...na my 280k for the rent I want back...what to do? I just need refund cry
Re: Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by budaatum: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
Get a lawyer. Make sure he sues for his cost. You might have to pay if you lose though, so beware.
Re: Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by bastien: 6:59am On Jun 15, 2021
budaatum:
Get a lawyer. Make sure he sues for his cost. You might have to pay if you lose though, so beware.
thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by solelymade: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
budaatum:
No lawyer can help him here, he has a bad case. He is at the mercy of the agent and the lawyer, he does not even have a receipt for payment. Imagine

Op, two options use a rogue police officer to intimidate the agent and landlord or play easy with them. Either way recovery of your money depends on how they respond to your move.
Re: Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by bastien: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2021
solelymade:

No lawyer can help him here, he has a bad case. He is at the mercy of the agent and the lawyer, he does not even have a receipt for payment. Imagine

Op, two options use a rogue police officer to intimidate the agent and landlord or play easy with them. Either way recovery of your money depends on how they respond to your move.
I don’t usually like violence.... never done no one wrong and I see no reason why this lawyer will do me wrong! I’m going easy and the next time I will call him I will make it known to him that he is being wicked
Re: Is It Possible To Get Refund Of House Rent by solelymade: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2021
bastien:
I don’t usually like violence.... never done no one wrong and I see no reason why this lawyer will do me wrong! I’m going easy and the next time I will call him I will make it known to him that he is being wicked

Try that too... Appeal to their conscience and torture their mind with blackmail. Good luck brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Western Hilltop Estate Ikola Road Alagbado Selling On Promo Price. / Property 4 Sale@ Gbagada / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.