Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (3143 Views)

What Business Can Someone Start With 2million Naira / How Bold Gains Nigeria Limited Scammed Me 1.2Million Naira Just Now / I Need A Business To Start With 2million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Brexxit(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2021

2 Likes

Re: . by viyon02: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nice one op. But what is the function of palmwin in their diet? And what is gestation period of grass.
Re: . by LikeAking: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Beta business.
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
viyon02:
Nice one op. But what is the function of palmwin in their diet?
I do give them palmwine because grasscutters prefer drinking liquids with artificial taste,that's the more reason why they do destroy oil palm plantations.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ever8090: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ok..how much money does one need to kick start on a low-key and how long before profits start dropping in aza?
Re: . by viyon02: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
Brexxit:

I do give them palmwine because grasscutters prefer drinking liquids with artificial taste,that's the more reason why they do destroy oil palm plantations.
ok thanks, what is the gestation of a grasscutter?
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
viyon02:
ok thanks, what is the gestation of a grasscutter?
After mating the female carries the pregnancy for between 140-150 days,they give birth twice in a year with an average of 5-11.

1 Like

Re: . by RSVP: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
This is informative.

Can you please tell us what sort of cage/home is suitable to breed this animals and please give us insight on their health challenges.

Thanks.
Re: . by DICKstractor: 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
What's the major diseases that affects them abd how is it managed
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ever8090:
Ok..how much money does one need to kick start on a low-key and how long before profits start dropping in aza?
You can start with 2-3 colonies,a colony sells right now between 70-100k depending on the seller and location,how much you can also start with also depends on the type of cage you're going for.You can either use wooden cage, metal cage or concrete cage.I'll explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of cages later,at least 200k for a start.
Re: . by meobizy(f): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Brexxit:

After mating the female carries the pregnancy for between 140-150 days,they give birth twice in a year with an average of 5-11.
That’s a really long time. I thought they’ll breed as fast as rats. If a pregnancy is longer than three months then rearing the creatures doesn’t seem that profitable of a venture. How do you control the resulting rat population? I raise chickens from time to time and my abode is now a rat haven. They’ve found ways to camp in neighbours’ residences which they travel from to torment me nightly.

2 Likes

Re: . by Brexxit(m): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
meobizy:

That’s a really long time. I thought they’ll breed as fast as rats. If a pregnancy is longer than three months then rearing the creatures doesn’t seem that profitable of a venture. How do you control the resulting rat population? I raise chickens from time to time and my abode is now a rat haven. They’ve found ways to camp in neighbours’ residences which they travel from to torment me nightly.
Grasscutters farming is highly profitable whether you believe or not considering zero cost of feeding them,I do get water melon peels which I give them from those abokis selling water melon,I also get grasses around me to give them and infact 95% of what they eat can be gotten for free.No running cost like buying of fuel or diesel.

Grasscutters also have strong immunity,they hardly fall sick unlike poultry or catfish farming where you can lose everything within one day.

They sell for great prices,a colony of just 5 grasscutters sells for between 70-100k and it's high in demand.A farmer can have up to 100 colonies and that is big money.

1 Like

Re: . by Ever8090: 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
Brexxit:

You can start with 2-3 colonies,a colony sells right now between 70-100k depending on the seller and location,how much you can also start with also depends on the type of cage you're going for.You can either use wooden cage, metal cage or concrete cage.I'll explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of cages later,at least 200k for a start.
ok thanks
Re: . by stagger: 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
meobizy:

Get some cats ASAP before your farm turns to a snake haven.

Rats + poultry chicks...what a perfect combo for snakes. Do something very fast!

Where I used to live, there are many cats all over the street. I did not spot a single rat in the 2 years I lived there.

2 Likes

Re: . by ojjp: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
What are the major challenges in rearing them?
Re: . by Mveepee: 6:46am On Jun 16, 2021
Good thread. Following
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 11:43am On Jun 16, 2021
ojjp:
What are the major challenges in rearing them?
The major challenges to grasscutters are snakes,cold,ants,drugs for grasscutters, challenges of inbreeding.

1.Snakes:Snakes are very dangerous to grasscutters,an intending farmer should ensure cages to be used for rearing them is properly covered,holes where snakes can penetrate should be blocked.
For me I use anti snake repellants like bitter kola to get rid of snakes around my farm.

2.Cold:Another enemy to grasscutters is cold, grasscutters dislike cold environment,the cage should be constructed in a way to protect them from cold,you can also put dry grasses on the floor of the cage to prevent their feet from catching cold.

3.Ants:They are also an enemy to grasscutters,you can spray condemned oil around the vicinity where they are located to prevent ants.

4.Drugs for grasscutters: Currently their are not much medications available to treat sick grasscutters,for me I use natural ingredients to treat my sick grasscutters like charcoal.

5.inbreeding: It's a major challenge in grasscutters farming, grasscutters of same parents shouldn't be mated together,you can solve this challenge through proper farm records.

6.Also two male grasscutters shouldn't be together because they'll fight to death.

3 Likes

Re: . by Brexxit(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2021
shocked
Re: . by amadasunfarm(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2021
juniorstar:
Are you interested in cashing out from this crypto craze but you are still clueless about it.
Slide into my dm 07054504442. Let me show you some secrets nobody will ever tell you. By the way join forsage busd before it finally crashes still less than 4weeks old. I will also show you how to do it if interested. You need to download trust wallet from playstore and get 10busd and 2dollars worth of binance smart chain. for 6k you can get it from any crypto exchange or ask a friend to sell them to you if you have trust issues.lol in this Nigeria who doesnt have trust issues. If you want me to sell to you am also available.

Create your own thread for that pls.

1 Like

Re: . by Brexxit(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2021
The types of cages are wooden cage, iron cage and concrete cage.

The wooden cage is cheaper to construct than the other types,it involves using wood,zincs and nets to construct while metal is used in constructing the iron cage.

The concrete cage is the best type of cage for grasscutters and it's used by most big grasscutters farmers,it makes it look like their natural habitat.Grasscutters cages should be constructed in a way to make the animals safe from cold and snakes.

You can put dry grasses on the floor to prevent their feet from getting cold.Also, their plate for drinking water should be made of ceramic or cement because grasscutters gnaw at anything.

1 Like

Re: . by Brexxit(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
From 4 months old you can deworm them using unripe pawpaw seeds or use piperazine.

The unripe pawpaw seeds can be grinded and mixed with their food.
Re: . by Spechialone(f): 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nice thread!
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2021
Spechialone:
Nice thread!
Thanks.
Re: . by MERCHANDISER: 3:09am On Aug 14, 2021
Brexxit:

Thanks.
where is your farm located and how much can you sell one male and 3females
Re: . by pointstores(m): 4:20am On Aug 14, 2021
We're is ur farm also interested
Re: . by Panda7(m): 7:26am On Aug 14, 2021
nice thread
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
where is your farm located and how much can you sell one male and 3females
Edo state.60k

Message me on WhatsApp, contact on my signature.
Re: . by MERCHANDISER: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2021
Brexxit:
Edo state.60k
Message me on WhatsApp, contact on my signature.
Baba e too much nah. I think say I go fit get am 40k
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

Baba e too much nah.
I think say I go fit get am 40k
No problem,chat me up let's deal.
Re: . by Brexxit(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
pointstores:
We're is ur farm also interested
Edo state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Sale Just Arrived Fairly Used(tokunboh) Cars/buses From U.s.a / Export Garri And Other Nigeria Food Abroad / Do You Need A Financial Breakthrough?? Then This Will Be The Best Thread For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.