Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,426 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:54 AM

I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! (2079 Views)

Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / “When I Woke Up, I Realized My Kidney Was Gone” - 23-Year-Old Gambian Human Traf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Blackpearlous(f): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi Guys,

This is the story.

I woke up with the thought of a friend that reached out to me for assistance and was planning on transferring money to the individual before I start my day, my phone wasn't at my arm's length so I decided to wait till I wake up fully(im still resting mode).

It was then I got a notification, I casually stood up to check then I saw a debit of all the money in my acct I thought it was a joke or I wasn't seeing well or it was an old notification.

It took two mins for it to dawn on me, I immediately got dressed and ran to the bank to block my atm or something and started making calls like a mad woman.

Eventually, I got to know that it was a site I bought something from yesterday that accessed my details and cleared my account.

Bank can't get my money back, I have sent emails to the site no response.

I used to read about it happening to people now it has happened to me.

This is what I have learnt from the experience- Make due diligence to run background checks on foreign (even local sites that you want to make payments on).

Plus I think Insurance companies need to start internet insurance or something. Another plus OTP's are important! I didn't get any.

The conclusion BE VERY CAUTIOUS!!!

P.S - Please share your experience if you have gotten your money back after this kind of experience because even though im typing English my heart is very very heavy and im not smiling at all! I would really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by DeBe32: 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
Name of site

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
Sorry

1 Like

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Blackpearlous(f): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
DeBe32:
Name of site

In all transparency, I don't know the site but I know their Instagram handle, found them through an ad. A study plan thing. I don't want to drop their handle because I have bombarded their page with a scam alert thing and I am trying to stay anonymous. I hope you understand.

Thanks for asking.
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by DeBe32: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blackpearlous:

In all transparency, I don't know the site but I know their Instagram handle, found them through an ad. A study plan thing. I don't want to drop their handle because I have bombarded their page with a scam alert thing and I am trying to stay anonymous. I hope you understand.

Thanks for asking.

You no serious. You only want other people to lose their money like you. That's all. Drama queen

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by zickyclef: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
U no wan review site name u de disturb us gerout wetin de work u.

7 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by ObaKlaz: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
Clearing and forwarding. grin
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Ishilove: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blackpearlous:
Hi Guys,

This is the story.

I woke up with the thought of a friend that reached out to me for assistance and was planning on transferring money to the individual before I start my day, my phone wasn't at my arm's length so I decided to wait till I wake up fully(im still resting mode).

It was then I got a notification, I casually stood up to check then I saw a debit of all the money in my acct I thought it was a joke or I wasn't seeing well or it was an old notification.

It took two mins for it to dawn on me, I immediately got dressed and ran to the bank to block my atm or something and started making calls like a mad woman.

Eventually, I got to know that it was a site I bought something from yesterday that accessed my details and cleared my account.

This is what I have learnt from the experience- Make due diligence to run background checks on foreign (even local sites that you want to make payments on).

Plus I think Insurance companies need to start internet insurance or something. Another plus OTP's are important! I didn't get any.

P.S - Please share your experience if you have gotten your money back after this kind of experience because even though im typing English my heart is very very heavy and im not smiling at all! I would really appreciate the help.
What is the name of this site?

1 Like

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by 4reala(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
Why open thread, when you are not ready to give away the name of the site. Do you want them to continue scamming others?

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by lifenija: 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blackpearlous:

Thanks for asking.

sorry what to understand here? u calling them out, but hiding behind the curtains lol u funny

so u want others to fall too shey

3 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by iamyemiakins(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blackpearlous:

Thanks for asking.
Sorry OP.

But you need koboko for still trying to protect their image/reputation after wiping ur account

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
You no serious oo
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by VanessaKokomama(f): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
What is the name of the site ?

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by dododawa1: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
People will just format (lie Muhammad) on this platform and wanted traffic especially on SUNDAY.
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Dapson73(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
I had similar experience last year but my fund was retrieved after 2 months.
Below is what I did
I tweet my bank with the complaint and proof. I was told to give them 90days but to my surprise, i got a refund after seventy something days.
Going inside bank hall to Lodge complain doesn't add up because most of the staff there doesn't know the procedure.
My fear in your own case now is that Twitter has been banned.
You can try all other social media available to Lodge your complain. Something good night come out of it.

4 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Quim2: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blackpearlous:

Thanks for asking.

And this why scammers succeed in Nigeria. None of you victims are ready to talk or take action.

A site scams you of everything and you keep their info private.

The thing has happened to me before but I got my money after a month cos unlike you, i talk plenty.

1 Like

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by Quim2: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
Dapson73:
I had similar experience last year but my fund was retrieved after 2 months.
Below is what I did
I tweet my bank with the complaint and proof. I was told to give them 90days but to my surprise, i got a refund after seventy something days.
Going inside bank hall to Lodge complain doesn't add up because most of the staff there doesn't know the procedure.
My fear in your own case now is that Twitter has been banned.
You can try all other social media available to Lodge your complain. Something good night come out of it.

@op see what I Mean? We dey talk plenty bedore our money gets refunded. Keep playing anonymous and protecting scammer info
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by nedekid: 12:20am On Jun 16, 2021
Blackpearlous:
Hi Guys,

This is the story.

Why don't you mention the site to warn others?
Sorry sha.
Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by kingthreat(m): 1:30am On Jun 16, 2021
If you cannot reveal the scam site, you shouldnt have bothered opening a topic

1 Like

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by francisbarrack(m): 2:36am On Jun 16, 2021
Blackpearlous:

Thanks for asking.

It's a lie... I smile lies

1 Like

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by mmadu5(m): 4:26am On Jun 16, 2021
this is scammer . she or he is known for fabricating lies . just to gain sympathy and probably someone will ask her to send account number .

3 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by vincent10(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2021
I think the op is telling lies to gain sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: I Woke Up To My Account Being Cleared!!! by authority2006(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2021
mmadu5:
this is scammer . she or he is known for fabricating lies . just to gain sympathy and probably someone will ask her to send account number .

More like it

(1) (Reply)

5-year-old Girl Abandoned Beside Osun River { Photo } / Please Help Me Beg My Uncle To Stop Sexually Assaulting And Molesting h Children / Man Shot Doctor After Orgasm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.