Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,140 members, 7,842,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview (1121 Views)

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 17, 2021
My people, Abeg,

I want to change my surname tomorrow, although still planning to leave this country any time soon.

Just want to know if it may affect one during interview at the embassy.

Just only surname E.g (Benny Mike Ubuntu ) to (Jenny Mike Ubuntu )

I will appreciate ur contribution.

Please advise me..........
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Bola146(f): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2021
Why the change of name?
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Kriss216: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2021
Bola146:
Why the change of name?
Cos the former name brings him badluck.
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Bola146(f): 10:00am On Jun 17, 2021
Kriss216:

Cos the former name brings him badluck.

Let those who know best answer the question
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Kriss216: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2021
Bola146:

Let those who know best answer the question
Best answer to his question or yours?
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Duru9(m): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2021
What's the name on your passport?
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Bola146(f): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kriss216:

Best answer to his question or yours?

Ask Ifa or goggle

3 Likes

Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kriss216:

Cos the former name brings him bad luck.

Young man with no offence none of your desire we ever granted dis year.

Is a curse from my heart to you and it will be so.

1 Like

Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Duru9:
What's the name on your passport?

The New name I want to change to.
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Kriss216: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sirjendon:

Young man with no offence none of your desire we ever granted dis year.

Is a curse from my heart to you and it will be so.

Your prayers for 3 square meal a day are yet to be answered, what makes you think this one will be effective? O-de ni!
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by frozen70(f): 1:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Sirjendon:
My people, Abeg,

I want to change my surname tomorrow, although still planning to leave this country any time soon.

Just want to know if it may affect one during interview at the embassy.

Just only surname E.g (Benny Mike Ubuntu ) to (Jenny Mike Ubuntu )

I will appreciate ur contribution.

Please advise me..........

For a man to change his surname, he must have a good reason for that because it's not common
If you change surname, what about t by the name on your passport, so which one will you bear at the embassy

Get your visa first and then travel out come back then plan on change of name

Dont make yourself a suspect
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2021
frozen70:

For a man to change his surname, he must have a good reason for that because it's not common
If you change surname, what about t by the name on your passport, so which one will you bear at the embassy

Get your visa first and then travel out come back then plan on change of name

Dont make yourself a suspect

Thanks bro, the surname I want to use is already on my passport. Have been using the name for more than a year.

My consign is on my certificates.
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by frozen70(f): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Sirjendon:

Thanks bro, the surname I want to use is already on my passport. Have been using the name for more than a year.

My consign is on my certificates.
Since it's only the surname you changed, make a publication about it and am sworn affidavit on it

1 Like

Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2021
frozen70:

Since it's only the surname you changed, make a publication about it and am sworn affidavit on it

More blessing to you bro
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by frozen70(f): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2021
Sirjendon:

More blessing to you bro

Sis pls
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
frozen70:

Sis pls

Oh sorry more love for you oh baby.
Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Richy4(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
When applying for visa or anything like that, on that form, there's always a provision where they ask if you were known with a certain name... either former surname, first name nickname etc... so no big deal if u provide/ declare your former surname there.... as long as you did not use the former surname to commit a crime....no skin pain...

2 Likes

Re: Can A Change Of Surname Be A Barrier In Embassy For An Interview by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
Richy4:
When applying for visa or anything like that, on that form, there's always a provision where they ask if you were known with a certain name... either former surname, first name nickname etc... so no big deal if u provide/ declare your former surname there.... as long as you did not use the former surname to commit a crime....no skin pain...

Thanks brother

(1) (Reply)

Can This Be The End? / For Those Who Can't Speak Their Native Language, Learn. E Get Why. / The Vegetable 3L Oil I Bought 6k. Who Send Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.