Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner (6989 Views)

How Xiaomi Miraculously Lied To Their Vendors And Customers ..... / After How Xiaomi Treated Me Bad Its Time To Sign Out / Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX (2) (3) (4)

How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by talktalk4u: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2021
Hi nairalanders

A xiaomi fan nearly lost his life days back ooo..
His xiaomi note 10 exploded .

The explosion was reported in xiaomi community

Now this is almost about the 6 fan experiencing explosion of their devices

What is really going on ?

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by femmyapson(m): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2021
Mention me when this post hit FP
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by FBIBOT(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by talktalk4u: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2021
femmyapson:
Mention me when this post hit FP
it's on the bill board
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Youngpo413: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2021
No big deal na...
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by swarley75(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2021
I suspect he was playing the game while charging for a long time.

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Nwaikuku2(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2021
I am even planning on buying xiaomi
Thank for this info...pls recommend a good phone for heavy user
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Kayberg: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2021

Be glad you weren't killed, so you still have the chance to repent.
It's a sign of the End Time.
Repent.
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Kayberg: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2021
swarley75:
I suspect he was playing the game while charging for a long time.

That's not an excuse.
I play games on my phone while charging for hours.
In fact, if there is no electricity, I don't like playing games because I'll need my battery for other things. I play my games and still have my battery at 100%.

I think the Improvised 'Electronic' Device (IED) of a phone just couldn't handle the task.

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by NewDelhi(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Anybody using a xiaomi whatever is carrying a grenade. It's even better you get an infinix or itel than xiaomi
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by tecnolad(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
Xiaomi fans marketers will soon come in here trying to defend the glorified potato that just exploded. grin grin

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Honduras01: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
any brand of phone can blow

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by liveyourlife007(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Who did you offend?
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by 11Anonymous(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
You don't play graphics demanding games while charging
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
Big deal..

One phone out of millions explode..

And we should all be scared..

Guess you should be scared of Galaxys and iphones too.. grin

17 Likes

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by sunshineV(f): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
chai thank god say the man no die ooo...anyways, xiaomi ti take over

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by tecnolad(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
11Anonymous:
You don't play graphics demanding games while charging

Op never said he was charging. Also, judging by the area of explosion, it clearly shows that things didn't go wrong because he was charging.

Look at the pictures provided: explosion happened around the location of the processor and battery, and more affected site was on the left side.

Charging port area is completely free of explosion, which means that the charger supplied the phone with the required, normal current.

The ions volatility in the battery caused this explosion, which must have been as a result of a super heated up processor and battery.

Xiaomi either didn't have a cooling system set up, or they went with a cheap option.

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by melodyogonna(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
I was noticing heat issues on mine, asked many people and nobody else seemed to be having the same problem, perhaps some of the phones are defective. Anyway I changed the software to a custom ROM and the temperature have been quite normal since, never noticed anymore overheating yet. So software might be the issue
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
tecnolad:

Op never said he was charging. Also, judging by the area of explosion, it clearly shows that things didn't go wrong because he was charging.

Look at the pictures provided: explosion happened around the location of the processor and battery, and more affected site was on the left side.

Charging port area is completely free of explosion, which means that the charger suppliede the phone with the required, normal current.

The ions volatility in the battery caused this explosion, which must have been as a result of a super heated up processor and battery.

Xiaomi either didn't have a cooling system set up, or they went with a cheap option.
So let's assume that this story is true..

You have already made a conclusion that Xiaomi doesn't have a cooling system or installed a cheap option?

All these because ONE phone out of MILLIONS Sold,MALFUNCTIONED?

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by tecnolad(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
So let's assume that this story is true..

You have made already made a conclusion that Xiaomi doesn't have a cooling system or installed a cheap option?

All these because ONE phone out of MILLIONS SOLD MALFUNCTIONED?

Not up to a thousand phones exploded before Samsung note 7 was discovered to have a battery issue.

This might be a faulty unit, too. We can't really judge until we've seen a couple more occurrences

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by SportsHD: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Honduras01:
grin any brand of phone can blow
I've been playing games and charging simultaneously with my infinix since 2018 and e no blow. I only disconnect the charger when the phone gets extremely hot due to hours of gaming and charging simultaneously.
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by SqueezedPant: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
melodyogonna:
I was noticing heat issues on mine, asked many people and nobody else seemed to be having the same problem, perhaps some of the phones are defective. Anyway I changed the software to a custom ROM and the temperature have been quite normal since, never noticed anymore overheating yet. So software might be the issue

how can I install custom ROMs on note 9 pro
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by chukwuibuipob: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
sad
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Flamees(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
Dman
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by melodyogonna(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
SqueezedPant:

how can I install custom ROMs on note 9 pro
I don't know. You understand there's a risk right?
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Honduras01: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
SportsHD:

I've been playing games and charging simultaneously with my infinix since 2018 and e no blow. I only disconnect the charger when the phone gets extremely hot due to hours of gaming and charging simultaneously.

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by RuneKingThor: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Kayberg:

That's not an excuse.
I play games on my phone while charging for hours.
In fact, if there is no electricity, I don't like playing games because I'll need my battery for other things. I play my games and still have my battery at 100%.

I think the Improvised 'Electronic' Device (IED) of a phone just couldn't handle the task.
If you keep charging your phone while doing heavy task especially gaming then don't be surprised your battery will spoil faster than normal.

And also if you believed that post then you can believe anything.

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by liveyourlife007(m): 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2021
I'm still buying mine. It won't explode IJN

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Onyeka90210(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
RuneKingThor:

If you keep charging your phone while doing heavy task especially gaming then don't be surprised your battery will spoil faster than normal.

And also if you believed that post then you can believe anything.
You’re correct in a way, the worst time to use your phone extensively is when it’s charging from around 0-50%, it gets pretty hot, though the phone won’t blow or anything, it’ll degrade the battery faster. But when you’re at 80 and above it’s safe, when you’re at 100% it’s the safest, because at that point the phone starts using the power generated from the charger instead of the battery direct, battery health won’t be degraded, if anything should spoil from overheating/overworking it will be the charger.
That’s why fake charger blows sometimes, they can’t handle the load of the phone.
Same goes for laptops

Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by Cheezzyy: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
To think that this is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time it's happening to a xiaomi user. Hmmmmm
Re: How Xiaomi Note 10 Pro Nearly Killed Its Owner by 11Anonymous(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
tecnolad:

Charging port area is completely free of explosion, which means that the charger supplied the phone with the required, normal current.

What part of a phone gets very hot while you're charging and playing a game? The battery.
The charging port can't explode or even get hot, its job is to deliver current to the battery.

Charging that phone at 33watts and playing a game simultaneously is the reason the battery got so hot and melted as you can see from the picture.

Also, he wouldn't admit he was charging, so that nobody will blame him.

Airtel 200MB For 12months / How To Retrieve Lost MTN Sim / Battle Of Titans: Tecno Phantom6 Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy Note7.