Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65768 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
STARGREEN:
She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding,

...this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible

You are right, if he's responsible perhaps he would have known;
i) That you are not considerate enough (580k spent within 8months ago with salary of below 100k).

ii) That you are liability for now and should have waited.

iii) That you won't care to know how he got the money to settle your father. How much indebted he is all because he has to pay 580k to have you.

iv) That a responsible man does things when he has the capacity.
Sadly....because of money a marriage (man)of barely 8months is called irresponsible Man? I wonder how his life will be after retirement!
Your comments sound funny but so much wisdom in it, I swear to God your last statement is correct if you allow vaginal people to continue to manipulate you will not do anything meaningful in this part of the world, considering the wat things are in Nigeria, this girls don't know what men go through to put food on the table.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lizzyangel:
This one is plenty.

Firstly, you wrote your full name and still put the innocent man's pics which is very wrong.

Can I ask you a question? How many in-laws contributed to the #580k he used in paying for your bride price?

If the answer is no, then he have nothing to pay for someone else's wife.

As a woman, you're expected to protect your husband from your family because you are both one ... he's not earning much, you know his capabilities and still choose to disgrace him before your family and now publicly.

Will you prefer he venture into illegal means of making money to satisfy your parents?

A wise woman builds her home... build yours ma'am.
Wow

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ronyman(m): 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
The level of entitlement some people feel is alarming. Salary of 70k you force him to borrow. And you papa is mandating him to pay 120k? You do not even love that guy for you to support such evil from your parents. Your family will eventually ruin your marriage or kill that Young man if he gives them the chance. You are wicked...
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sirjoe1124(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No].

What has IPOB to do with this or do you just want to show how dysfunctional your brain is
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by HoneySwag(f): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
I really can't understand why a man would enter a relationship with a woman that is not working. I wonder if such men have future goals, cos if you do, you won't venture into a relationship with someone that will end up draining you financially.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ronyman(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
Very unfortunate woman from a greedy family. Must be from Mbaise in Imo state walai.. Greedy wolves
Johnholmes:
U must be very senseless to bring dis issue to nairaland. And I must say u are rather wicked.
U wan finish ur husband angry
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Henri8: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Both you, your brother, your daddy, your family are mad.
You want to run a brother down because he married you?

Una be winches.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by rumzy1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
sista you're wicked aswear, so list to us how many people contributed to your husband when your family gave him your own list. He has his reason and i stand by him if he says he won't no be by force even tho i think d way he replied isn't ok buh ur fam sef me i can't do what they are doing o if they want to help him fyn not sharing d money like when he marries her they will make a time table too for who will be with her wtf. I personally will raise money to marry my woman cause sharing stuffs like dat brings insult either in the present or future and d insult sef may even come from d so called woman he gets married to
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Kwin1995(f): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na wa ,this ur family no Dey smile,I support ur husband 100%
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No

cheesy
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by BadEnglish(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
The problem here is not the lady , but her father is a mad man and very irresponsible.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by dangwarmai(m): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Lizzyangel:
This one is plenty.

Firstly, you wrote your full name and still put the innocent man's pics which is very wrong.

Can I ask you a question? How many in-laws contributed to the #580k he used in paying for your bride price?

If the answer is no, then he have nothing to pay for someone else's wife.

As a woman, you're expected to protect your husband from your family because you are both one ... he's not earning much, you know his capabilities and still choose to disgrace him before your family and now publicly.

Will you prefer he venture into illegal means of making money to satisfy your parents?

A wise woman builds her home... build yours ma'am.
You can see why Shekau bombs people up and down, because dem no get sense.

Thank you for that advice.
If she fail to build her house a side chick will enjoy the husband.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by kakaflex(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722

The same thing I'll be doing to my Wife Family after I pay her Bride Price.

The family billed me over 970k.

Have told her already, If I pay that money I will never help them in anyway. She tot am joking.

Families need to start changing their ways.
You bill the man, Later you return back to ask of help, I won't help

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Obipaul77(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
What do you expect?, He bought you outrightly, he has nothing with your people again.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ficeo(m): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
... So you even have the mind to tell your husband to help your brother marry his own wife? You get mind ooo! If you like don't beg your husband and face your family. When the chips are down... Let me stop here.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by barcaboi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abeg those wey need husband should apply biko; the wife don chop belle ful
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Bishopino: 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
1) you were not working. 2) Your parents insisted that he must pay all the money: that it is tradition: As if the guy packed money somewhere. Now your parents is asking him to help your own brother ceremony with 120k.
My Igbo adage says that: Ori otu ugboro amaghi eri. Meaning somebody that ate once do not know how to eat. Your parents should have been getting small small assistant from your husband after the wedding but they choose to collect everything at once in the name of tradition. My dear the young man owns your family nothing: they should go and hustle. Finally: go and apologies to your husband for calling him irresponsible.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by CzarChris(m): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
jadyclem:

The tribe she identifies with makes the story fake. The urhobos have one of the cheapest marriage list in Nigeria. They will tell you categorically that they don't sell their daughters. The OP edited an old story but she identified with the tribe that has never been known for expensive bride prize which makes the story very fake. Some people wey read d story go dey ask which part of urhobo dem dey give list of up to 500k? It's really funny
It's just crazy, I'm an Igbo man leaving and working in Warri. I have uncountable Urhobo friends, I've been to many Urhobo traditional marriages. So when I read the thread, the name raised a red flag.

The "fakeness" of this story cries to high heavens.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by EaglesEyes1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sleekfingers:

that your family na barawo, i mean ajeloju onile......he should be sending money to your parents every month abi? Since he is sending to his parent abi? You self no get shame......efe pa ketekete pelu eru ni? ( you guys want to kill a donkey with load)........person wey dey earn 70k ooooo.......why you self no go find work? Or tell your husband to save some for u, so that u can start something small.......from my observation, you be lazy bone......

And lastly, your younger brother want to wed, and your parents said, your husband to contribute money again.......shey your brother no dey work? Poverty don finish this your family..........if na me be your husband, i go send you parking without thinking twice........because , if your husband come dey rich small.....and he decide to build a house for his parent, buy a car for his parents......your parents self go say make he build house for them too........
How can he send his 500k investment parking? If he has to let her go, the bride's family has to return the 500k or she stays in that house for better or worse if though she wants to leave the marriage. Ask her, has she had a child for her husband yet? No, the main purpose why she was wedded and she is there calling her husband irresponsible. I don't blame her, I blame the person who can't cut his coat according to his size. If a woman loves you so much, she will be able to convince her parents to accept what you got to offer as bride price, have seen it happen many places in Igbo land. In Igbo land a man pays the bride price according to his pocket. But some foolish men will try to embark on journeys that they can't complete cuz I wan prove I am a man to my in-laws and the only woman available in the world. That's why if that woman cheats on them, they kill the woman and themselves or at worse kill only themselves.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by bizhop01: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
To marry africa woman dey hard me sef cool
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nonexisting:
He will cut off his dick too for your family soon. Daughter of Jezebel.
grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Hassanmaye(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
ICTWeb:
I pity men who still pays bride price. Without even understanding what they are getting themselves into.
Hahaha tell us na
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Gkemz: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your father is very insensitive and it's unreasonable of him to expect anything from your husband, let alone requesting him to cough out 120k after milking him dry just 8months ago.
If na me, I go change am for am. Na craze dey worry you and your dad. If he sends anything to your family especially concerning your brother's wedding, he must be under a spell.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sandra50(f): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Contribute to your brother's wedding?did your brother contribute when your father wanted to bill him to death..this is what happens when you do things without thinking tomorrow.. you can go if you are tired.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by adecamp(m): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
580k, he really loves you.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by highbee02: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
580k was an investment for your family members, let them deduct 120k and leave the guy alone. It's not advisable to marry from a poor family background. Golddigger, hungry in-laws!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Blackdisciple(m): 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Selfish woman ..

When your husband wanted getting married to you did someone help him with 120k

If you can't continue file for a divorce land stop wasting our time...
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ogubolokento(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
What rubbish help? they should spend from your dairy infact i don't want to see around the house stupid people we
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Moikiitos: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
Right now, your immediate family and responsibilities is you and your husband expect otherwise. As he has said he doesn't owe your family any financial obligations expect he wants to do so on his own. If you still wants to be in your marriage, my advice is to be by your OWN FAMILY and not your family. 70l is not even enough to maintain one family talkless of adding another in present Nigeria.

Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
This one and her entire family are liabilities. Tua. What effrontery for your father to share money to him for brother's marriage, as he is his first son or what? If entire village contribute money for your brother to get married, who will take care of his family after the marriage?, A family without shame.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Tribu(m): 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
I like this man
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ovis1302(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
This na BIG FABLE...she is either an Urhobo or Isoko lady from her name....I stand to be corrected, there is no Urhobo or Isoko community where such an huge amount of money will be collected by the Bride family as Bride price.
Na sell dem wan sell her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Her Neighbor’s 2-yr-old Son From Entering Her Room / Christian Oluchukwu Nwodia Missing Person: Please Have You Seen This Guy? / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.