Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) (17069 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Martyrdom Of Lady Ruqayya Bint Al-Hussain (as) / In Commemoration Of The Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima (as):the Mother Of The 12 Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 2:26pm On May 06, 2011
THE ASSAULT BY UMAR IBN AL-KHATTAB ON THE HOUSE OF LADY FATIMA (as),DAUGHTER OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (sa)

soon after the passing away of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) and even before his burial,a gang of elders led by some notables from the Quraysh gathered in Saqifa Banu Saeda to plan,bargain and wrestle for power and who will lead the Muslim ummah.the gathering of the Saqifa Banu Saeda is the saddest event in islam which led to the usurpation of the right to caliphate by Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (as).Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib had being declared by the Holy Prophet as the first successor to lead the ummah when the Prophet was divinely informed of his near departure from earth.the Prophet declared Imam Ali (as) on many occassions that he will be the first successor of the ummah after his demise.

in the Saqifah Banu Saeda they gathered when the Prophet (sa) was even yet to be buried.his family members and Imam Ali (as) were making funeral arrangements and taking care of the burial.the gang in the Saqifa Banu Saeda eventually declared Abu Bakr as "caliph".among the first who objected to the usurpation of the caliphate was Imam Ali,his wife Lady Fatima (as) and a band of loyal supporters that included notable companions of the Holy Prophet like Salman al-Farisi,al-Miqdad,Abu Dhar al-Ghifari and Ammar Bin Yassir (may Allah be pleased with them).

the scoffle for power reached the stage where even a piece of land (known as Fadak) given to Lady Fatima by her father,the Holy Prophet,was confiscated by Abu Bakr under the false testimony that prophets do no leave inheritance.both Imam Ali and his wife protested.infact,there is a popular speech by Lady Fatima in the Masjid-An-Nabawi where she addressed Abu Bakr in protest.

the attrocities reached a stage whereby force was used to threaten Imam Ali to pay allegiance to Abu Bakr.it is recorded that for as long as Lady Fatima lived Imam Ali refused to pay allegiance to Abu bakr as caliph.upon hearing the news that Imam Ali had refused to pay allegiance,a customary pledge attributed to arab tradition known as "bay'a",Umar (the same man who hurt the Prophet on his deathbed by calling him "delirious" when the Prophet asked for pen and paper to write a will) gathered his gangs and attacked the House of Fatima.Umar asked Imam Ali and his loyal supporters to come out of the house to pay allegiance to Abu Bakr.he stated that upon their refusal he would set the house ablaze.he was told that Fatima the daughter of the Prophet was in the house.his reply:"i do not care"!finally firewood was gathered by Umar's gang to set the door ablaze and gain access into the house.the assault on the house of Fatima,led to the untimely death of the Prophet's daughter.the Prophet had already foretold and informed his daughter that she would be the first to follow him.Lady Fatima (as) was close to the door when the door was forced open.a nail injured her which led to her untimely death.tetenus could have been the possible cause of her ensuing illness and unfortunate death.during the assault also,Lady Fatima was pregnant which led to the miscarriage of her yet unborn child,Muhsin.barely 6 months had passed after the demise of the Holy Prophet (sa) when his daughter Lady Fatima passed away.

Heartfelt condolences to the 12th Imam,Imam Muhammad al-Mahdi (may Almighty Allah hasten his reappearance and the decent of Prophet Jesus) and to the entire Muslim Ummah especially the followers of the Ahlul-Bayt (a.s.) on the occasion of the martyrdom of Lady Fatimah Zahra, the daughter of Holy Prophet (pbuh & hf).

among the records of this event,the most renowned Sunni historian Ibn Jareer al Tabari also recorded this event. We read in al Tabari (English translation), Volume 9 page 187:

"Ibn Humayd - Jarir - Mughirah - Ziyad b. Kulayb:Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of Ali. Talha and Zubair and some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out: "By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or I will set the house on fire." al-Zubair came out with his sword drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand so they jumped over him and seized him."- History of al-Tabari, Volume 9 page 187

"Although the timing is not clear, it seems that Ali and his group came to know about Saqifa after what had happened there. At this point, his supporters gathered in Fatimah's house. Abu Bakr and Umar, fully aware of Ali's claims and fearing a serious threat from his supporters, summoned him to the mosque to swear the oath of allegiance. Ali refused, and so the house was surrounded by an armed band led by Abu Bakr and Umar, who threatened to set it on fire if Ali and his supporters refused to come out and swear allegiance to Abu Bakr. The scene grew violent and Fatimah was furious".-Ansab Ashraf, by al-Baladhuri in his, v1, pp 582-586;Tareekh Ya'qubi, v2, p116;al-Imamah wal-Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah, v1, pp 19-20.

The names of those people who brought firewood to burn the House of Fatima (as)

1) Umar Ibn al-Khattab
2) Khalid Ibn al-Walid
3) Abdul-Rahman Ibn Awf
4) Sabit Ibn Qais
5.) Ziad Ibn Walid
6) Mohammad Ibn Muslam
7) Zaid Ibn Sabit
8 ) Salamah Ibn Salamah
9) Salman Ibn Aslam
10) Aseed Ibn Hazeer

(Reference:Kitab-ahlus-Sunnah,Tareekh al-Yaqoobi, J-2 Page #126).

May the curse of Almighty Allah be upon the enemies of Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad from the first to the last of them to the Day of Judgement.Ameen.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad said:"Fatima is a part of me, and he who makes her angry, makes me angry."
Sahih al Bukhari Volume 5 hadith 61

Say (O Muhammad), "I do not ask any recompense for it (my work as a messenger), except the love of my near relatives (Ahlul Bayt)." And whosoever earns good, We (Allah) increase for him good therein. Verily, Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Grateful. (Holy Quran, Surah ash-Shura, 42:23)
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 2:34pm On May 06, 2011
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by muhsin(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2011
Salam,

Fear Allah in whatever we do, say, etc. shocked

But this what you write is but, InshaAllah readers will see soon. May Allah give me the strength to compose a reply to this thread, amin.

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by 123jml: 3:47pm On May 10, 2011
May Allah Almighty give you courage and deliver your promise.@muhsin.

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 1:51pm On May 11, 2011
muhsin:

Salam,

Fear Allah in whatever we do, say, etc.  shocked

But this what you write is but,  InshaAllah readers will see soon. May Allah give me the strength to compose a reply to this thread, amin.

please,no fairytales.

provide facts that the evidence presented do not exist in the references provided and explain to us what happened.not fairytales and nonsense like how sunnis love repeating that Imam Ali (as) had a son named abu bakr,so automatically he "loved" abu bakr so much.

"muhsin" the wahhabi drama queen never knows what a reply is.he always promises one.why cant you just reply.Allah will never provide the strength you're praying for to conceal the truth and spread falsehood.its only shaytan that will give you the rebellious zeal.but the truth is already out and you can do nothing about it.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by isalegan2: 2:12pm On May 11, 2011
LagosShia,
You're passionate, but don't insult Muhsin! Just state your case. You turn people off when you behave like that. Has he insulted you?

I couldn't quote you because a couple of your comments were so offensive. Can't you see that?

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 2:19pm On May 11, 2011
isale_gan2:

LagosShia,
You're passionate, but don't insult Muhsin!  Just state your case.  You turn people off when you behave like that.  Has he insulted you?

I couldn't quote you because a couple of your comments were so offensive.  Can't you see that?

i should be passionate.when Lady Fatima's (as) house was attacked it was the house of my Prophet (sa) that was attacked.when she was hurt it was my Prophet,the messenger of Allah,who was hurt.and we have a bunch of ill-minded people who love some so called sahaba more than they love the Prophet (as) himself.they will not feel shame in lying that the Prophet made this mistake or that mistake or "frowned" at a poor man.and infact all the garbage that the missionaries use to attack islam and the Prophet (sa) are fabricated hadiths found in sunni books (e.g the so called satanic verses).but they will make a world war the moment some deviant sahaba are exposed for what they did.all the evidence provided are referenced in sunni compilations of hadiths.it shows they value the sahaba (the deviant ones for that matter) more than the Prophet himself.and that is not because of islam but because of arabian jahiliyah and culture which give "elders" prominece.

please bring forth my "offensive" comments and if they are truly offensive and inappropriate i will apologize.

after i devoted my time to a worthwhile write-up for muslims to see what has being concealed from their eyes deliberately an ignorant man is coming here to insult me that i should fear Allah.does he fear Allah (swt) more than i do?or you think that is not an insult and a vain attempt to question the credibility of my write-up?

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 2:25pm On May 11, 2011
my message for you mallam "muhsin" is that i am the one who started this thread and i am ready for you.infact i am eagerly waiting to see the boast of a reply you've just promised.bring it on.you'd end up being exposed and the ignorance you represent would be revealed.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by isalegan2: 3:45pm On May 11, 2011
LagosShia:

please bring forth my "offensive" comments and if they are truly offensive and inappropriate i will apologize.?

You challenged his masculinity and wished he would not get the strength nor the inspiration to debate you.  I'm sure you know what you wrote, and if you see no offense there, there's no point in me belabouring it.

By the way, did you miss all the hateful propaganda threads created by your "Nigerian brothers and sisters" accusing Muslims of all sort of imaginary deeds, including them proceeding en masse from masjid to go commit  murder and mayhem?  You lose sight, and focus all your ire on someone like Muhsin.  Do you know who your enemies are at all?

If you don't think you should apologize, then don't.  I only wanted to bring your attention to something, and I have done so.  I'll withdraw from commenting further unless I feel obliged to do so.  Hoping for a good robust debate without name-calling.  smiley

P.S. I was referring to anti-Islam Nairalanders, not Northerners, spewing hate about Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by Lagosboy: 5:15pm On May 11, 2011
isale_gan2:

You challenged his masculinity and wished he would not get the strength nor the inspiration to debate you. I'm sure you know what you wrote, and if you see no offense there, there's no point in me belabouring it.

By the way, did you miss all the hateful propaganda threads created by your "Nigerian brothers and sisters" accusing Muslims of all sort of imaginary deeds, including them proceeding en masse from masjid to go commit murder and mayhem? You lose sight, and focus all your ire on someone like Muhsin. Do you know who your enemies are at all?

If you don't think you should apologize, then don't. I only wanted to bring your attention to something, and I have done so. I'll withdraw from commenting further unless I feel obliged to do so. Hoping for a good robust debate without name-calling. smiley

sister please dont burn your energy with the brother , i have given up debating with him . nothing is achieved as he has a set of ideas and debates like a programmed robot who can never see anything right in what the other party is saying. If is not white it has to be black for him, and engaging a person with such a mindset is a sheer waste of precious time.

98% of his posts are trouble making posts , Umar is this, sunnis are that , anyone disagreeing with him is wahabi, anyone disagreeing with him is supporting a tyrant. I have taken a decision to ignore his posts and i just opened this thread for the first time while i had been seeing it for about 3 days now and i was not dissapointed. All I saw was Umar RA is evil ,Abu bakr RA is that.

May God help us all.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 7:39pm On May 11, 2011
isale_gan2:

You challenged his masculinity and wished he would not get the strength nor the inspiration to debate you.  I'm sure you know what you wrote, and if you see no offense there, there's no point in me belabouring it.
anyone who prays to get strength to fight the truth inshaAllah he will never get that.

By the way, did you miss all the hateful propaganda threads created by your "Nigerian brothers and sisters" accusing Muslims of all sort of imaginary deeds, including them proceeding en masse from masjid to go commit  murder and mayhem?  You lose sight, and focus all your ire on someone like Muhsin.  Do you know who your enemies are at all?
if you're refering to the northern riots after the presidential election,i'm not a northern.you should address that to "muhsin" who was chanting "sai buhari" (not that i have anything against buhari).but "muhsin" is a notherner.i'm not.

If you don't think you should apologize, then don't.  I only wanted to bring your attention to something, and I have done so.  I'll withdraw from commenting further unless I feel obliged to do so.  Hoping for a good robust debate without name-calling.  smiley
thank you.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 7:42pm On May 11, 2011
Lagosboy:

sister please dont burn your energy with the brother , i have given up debating with him . nothing is achieved as he has a set of ideas and debates like a programmed robot who can never see anything right in what the other party is saying. If is not white it has to be black for him, and engaging a person with such a mindset is a sheer waste of precious time.

98% of his posts are trouble making posts , Umar is this, sunnis are that , anyone disagreeing with him is wahabi, anyone disagreeing  with him is supporting a tyrant.  I have taken a decision to ignore his posts and i just opened this thread for the first time while i had been seeing it for about 3 days now and i was not dissapointed. All I saw was Umar RA is evil ,Abu bakr RA is that.

May God help us all.

in islam there is nothing called "grey area".there is right and there is wrong.there is morality and there is immorality.there is truth and there is falsehood.you got the choice to make.

you're a staunch proponent of Ibn Taymiyyah as ive read one of your posts propagating his beliefs even before i ever engaged you.when i did engage you you failed woefully to make your point.as usual you want to sit on the fence and be the devil's advocate but you failed to either realize the truth or oppose falsehood;you're hiding under your "grey area" which is so bright for others to see and not grey at all:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-659269.0.html
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 11, 2011
Honestly, i feel sad when i listen to lectures of how Fatima Zahra was killed by some heartless people,so in haste to force Ali to give allegiance to them,before jack robinson the burning door fell on our sweet Lady fatima Zahra,and she died and lost her foetus,and the saddest thing was one of her sons could not eat when they were called for dinner, even upon persuasion,the young boy said,"i want my mother to call me herself to come and eat",its very sad,its one fact we muslims have to know and not feel one silly arrogance when they talk about it,the people that did the heinous crime are  indeed criminals and no sane  person here should feel bad when they are pointed at,we doing all these for the love of the prophet(pbuh),we should also remember the hadith that says, "whoever angers Fatima angers me",.
    Another sad event was that they told Our Lady Fatima Zahra that ,she should not use her cries to disturb her,is either she choose the day or the night for her cries.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 11, 2011
I cant wait to be fully back here on nairaland insha Allah,Allah has indeed made me see more reason to love the Ahlubayt,and the more i listen to their lectures on QURAN AND SUNNAH,i feel inspired,they know traditions better than any people that call themselves Real muslims,kai,the Shia muslims are vast in knowledge,their knowledge is not limited to using three fingers to eat and fiercely warning not to eat with left hand or hanging haircomb and mirror to chest grin.May Allah help me along to share my little knowledge regards the Ahlubayt insha Allah,amin.cos i just learnt some things recently.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 6:34pm On May 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

All I saw was Umar RA is evil ,Abu bakr RA is that.

brother i decided to bring forth the below and post it as evidence to counter your shortsightedness.all you saw was "umar is evil and abu bakr is that".let me tell you this issue of justice which (shia) islam stands for and the opposition to tyranny and usurpation was/is never an issue of names or personality in the view of the shia.the problem is from those of your likes who have a complex of personality cult.

the son of abu bakr,Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr,is a much beloved companion to the shia while his father is much hated.can you ask yourself why?Muhammad (may Allah's mercy be upon him) Ibn Abu Bakr went to the extent of opposing the usurpation of the caliphate by his own father.i invite you and everyone who think of himself as a "non-shia" or a so called "sunni" to learn from the example of Muhammad (RA) Ibn Abu Bakr.learn honesty and justice from him.here is what Imam Ali (as) said about Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr (RA):

[size=14pt]Letter of Imam Ali (as) After The Matyrdom of Muhammad (RA) Ibn Abu Bakr:[/size]

When Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr (son of "First Caliph" and one of the great companions of IMAM ALI (a.s) was killed in Egypt by the guerrillas of Mu'awiya through disloyalty of his (Muhammad's) own companions and officers, Imam Ali (as) felt sad and wrote the following letter to Ibn Abbas:

Ibn Abbas! Muhammad (son of Abu Bakr), (may his soul rest in peace), died as a martyr and Egypt has fallen in the hands of the enemies. I beseech the Reward of Allah for the sorrow I feel and the grief I suffer on account of the martyrdom of this young man who was like a son to me. He loved me. He was faithful to me. So far as the defense of the Islamic State is concerned he was like a sharp sword and an impregnable fort.

Long before this deplorable event I had issued orders to the Heads of various provinces and to the people of Kufa to reach him or send help to him when he calls for it. I had repeated these orders. Some went to his help but half-heartedly, others started submitting excuses, while some sent false reports of important engagements and did not co-operate with him.
I feel disgusted and pray to Allah to relieve me of the society of such faithless and worthless people.

I swear by Allah that had I no desire of dying as a martyr, and had I not been ready for my death awaiting night and day, I would not have liked to live amongst them even for a day and I would not have come out with them to fight against the enemies of Allah and Islam.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by Stingky(m): 7:53am On May 14, 2011
@lagosshia may Allah swt increase your knowledge _bless you & reward you abundantly for propagating the true essence of Islam.
Alhamdullah
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 12:11pm On May 14, 2011
Stingky:

@lagosshia may Allah swt increase your knowledge _bless you & reward you abundantly for propagating the true essence of Islam.
Alhamdullah

Ameen and you too brother.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by muhsin(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2011
Salam,

I am strongly convinced that engaging a Shi'ite fellow, especially like LagosShi'a in any form of argument is next to a waste of time. However, my being convinced notwithstanding, I'll fulfil my promise of, at least, rebuking the kind of misinformation he's busy parading up here. That will, among other things, at least help some gullible Muslim brothers and sisters from believing in such a crap. Hence I wish I had all the chances and time in the world to engage him; sure he'll know (God Willing) that a tea is not just a water. But that I unfortunately lack, almost always. Oh Allah, help me. . .

Any way, for a stater, LagosShi'a, the case simply emanates from the passionate (which is, in actual sense: dispassionate) hatred you have for those Sahabas and more you mentioned. What a risk! Remember where Allah, the Exalted, clearly extols those Sahabas. Yet you are foolhardily accusing them of action which they would prevent from happening, am sure to their last breath. Even common sense cannot believe that fabricated story, which Shi'ites are very fond of telling.

Do you know who are the Sahabas about whom Allah revealed these verses:

Bismillahirrahmaanirraheem:

[center]The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes) and of those who gave them aid, and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well-pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity.9:100 [/center]

[center]But those who before them, had homes (in Medina) and had adopted the Faith,- show their affection to such as came to them for refuge, and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter), but give them preference over themselves, even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity. 59:09[/center]

Among other verses? I'll come back after you fairly answer above.

NB: Wallahi the reply was made in haste, yet I'm certain it says a lot. InshaAllah I'll make a more comprehensive reply after your response above. And special [b]thanks [/b]to those who prayed for me. May Allah reward you all and guide us all to the right path, amin.

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 2:56pm On May 16, 2011
muhsin:

Salam,

I am strongly convinced that engaging a Shi'ite fellow, especially like LagosShi'a in any form of argument is next to a waste of time. However, my being convinced notwithstanding, I'll fulfil my promise of, at least, rebuking the kind of misinformation he's busy parading up here.

more drama and no response.we are still waiting for your "rebuking" to convince us.and some people blame me for calling you a "drama queen".

That will, among other things, at least help some gullible Muslim brothers and sisters from believing in such a crap.
that is the normal wahhabi appproach.they believe others lack the mental faculties to identify or search for the truth.thus they see it as their responsibility on behalf of humanity not only to propagate their beliefs which is their right,but to shove down the throats of others what they believe as the "truth" while they are the most blinded people on earth.

Hence I wish I had all the chances and time in the world to engage him; sure he'll know (God Willing) that a tea is not just a water. But that I unfortunately lack, almost always. Oh Allah, help me. . .
more drama.

Any way, for a stater, LagosShi'a, the case simply emanates from the passionate (which is, in actual sense: dispassionate) hatred you have for those Sahabas and more you mentioned.

who are the sahaba?do i hate the sahaba?or do i as a shia only pay respect to whom respect is due and speak the truth about those who were evil?you cannot just lump all the companions as one.they were never one and same the people.they vary and so also is our view of them.i will treat this more extensively in my following post to put forth the view of the shia on the sahaba.

now,you have forgotten the topic of the thread.you have shifted the topic to praising the sahaba while you forgot that not all of them are worthy of the praise.you did not even bother to treat or even present any possible explanation about the assault on the house of the Prophet's (sa) which is recorded in sunni sources.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by vedaxcool(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2011
@Mushin and others, do not engage this fitnah creator in any discussion, as the OP has shown that sowing disunity is the only way he can celebrate his religion -Shia -Division-, rather than engage people like him in any discuss that would only help the enemies of Islam, it is better to start threads that shows the immense cordiality and respect the Sahabas of the Prophet S.A.W accoreded each other. Masalam

1 Like

Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 3:20pm On May 16, 2011
, continuation
@Muhsin

What a risk! Remember where Allah, the Exalted, clearly extols those Sahabas. Yet you are foolhardily accusing them of action which they would prevent from happening, am sure to their last breath. Even common sense cannot believe that fabricated story, which Shi'ites are very fond of telling.

Almighty Allah also said this clearly and this was in reference to the murderer of Lady Fatima (as),umar;Allah (swt) said:

Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dies or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels? He who turns back on his heels does no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful.(Holy Quran 3:144)

Do you know who are the Sahabas about whom Allah revealed these verses:

Bismillahirrahmaanirraheem:

The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes) and of those who gave them aid, and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well-pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity.9:100

But those who before them, had homes (in Medina) and had adopted the Faith,- show their affection to such as came to them for refuge, and entertain no desire in their hearts for things given to the (latter), but give them preference over themselves, even though poverty was their (own lot). And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity. 59:09

Among other verses? I'll come back after you fairly answer above.

no doubt.Allah will reward the good deeds of men but the promise of reward for good deeds is not a license to disbelief or perpetrate mischief later on.but those who Allah (swt) also describes below will not be rewarded:

Have you not seen those who have changed the Blessings of Allâh into disbelief and caused their people to dwell in the house of destruction?(Holy Quran 14:28)

NB: Wallahi the reply was made in haste, yet I'm certain it says a lot. InshaAllah I'll make a more comprehensive reply after your response above. And special thanks to those who prayed for me. May Allah reward you all and guide us all to the right path, amin.

all you have done is to put forth the sunni view of the sahaba:you sanctify them all by distorting the meanings of the Quranic verses and trying to portray the sahaba as angels roaming the earth who were so pious and could not have hurt a fly.infact you even go beyond ignorance by even denying the possibility of them going astray.you think in one event where Allah praise some of them,automatically and no matter what crimes they later commit they are free and will be admitted into paradise.you forget that there is something called freewill and there is also accountability and judgement for all by Almighty Allah.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 3:29pm On May 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

@Mushin and others, do not engage this fitnah creator in any discussion, as the OP has shown that sowing disunity is the only way he can celebrate his religion -Shia -Division-, rather than engage people like him in any discuss that would only help the enemies of Islam, it is better to start threads that shows the immense cordiality and respect the Sahabas of the Prophet S.A.W accoreded each other. Masalam

you are just as ignorant as those of the Quraysh.if spreading the truth is called fitnah then consider me the greatest fitnah-monger.i am proud to be one.it was the same premise that the Quraysh used to persecute the Prophet and his followers.

forget about the titles of shia and sunni,is it a crime to visit history and know our origins?it is those who have labelled themselves "sunni" that have made a sect out of themselves which is forbidden in islam.was it not muawiya that gave you your name?as for the term "shia" even Prophet Ibrahim (as) is described as a "shia" or "follower" of Noah (as) in the Quran.the Prophet Muhammad (sa) in his lifetime addressed the close friends and associates of Imam Ali (as) as the "shia of Ali) and that they will be victorious-this is recorded in sunni hadiths sources.so in reality we are no sect.we simply follow and dissect the truth from falsehood.it is unfortunate that your sunni sect has become associated with sanctifying all companions regardless of their crimes.that is gross dishonesty and un-islamic.as for you suggesting that anyone can open a thread to portray the "cordiality" and "respect" the sahabas had for themselves is tentamount to re-writing history.no doubt among them exist great men and personalities who we love and respect and who themselves respected one another.but also among them you find blood-thirsy barbarians who were only hiding under the guise of being muslim when the Prophet (sa) was alive.when the Prophet (sa) passed away they had no respect for themselves and they fought each other.

if you think saying the truth would empower the disbelievers,then you're mistaken.it is better for each individual companion to be held responsible for his or her actions than to bundle them all and attribute their actions to islam and the Prophet (sa).treating everyone individually would make the non-muslim identify that each man is liable for his own actions only.there were good sahaba and bad sahaba just as there were good disciples of Jesus (as) and an evil Judas.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 3:41pm On May 16, 2011
Please dear "Muhsin" tell us the meaning of the hadiths below and their likes from the most "authentic" sunni hadith books:

"The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount". 'Abdullah added: The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount, and some of you will be brought in front of me till I will see them and then they will be taken away from me and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'you do not know what they did after you had left.''
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8 Hadith 578

"The Prophet said, "Some of my companions will come to me at my Lake Fount, and after I recognise them, they will then be taken away from me, whereupon I will say, 'My companions!' Then it will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you."
1. Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8 Hadith 584
2. Sahih Muslim, part 15, pp 53-54

"The Prophet said, "I am your predecessor (forerunner) at the Lake-Fount, and whoever will pass by there, he will drink from it and whoever will drink from it, he will never be thirsty. There will come to me some people whom I will recognise, and they will recognise me, but a barrier will be placed between me and them." Abu Hazim added: Nu'man bin Abi 'Aiyash, on hearing me, said. "Did you hear this from Sahl?" I said, "Yes." He said, " I bear witness that I heard Abu Said al-Khudri saying the same, adding that the Prophet said: 'I will say: They are my companions. Then it will be said to me, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you left'. I will say, 'Far removed, far removed (from mercy), those who changed after me." Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet said, "On the Day of Resurrection a group of companions will come to me, but will be driven away from the Lake-Fount, and I will say, 'O Lord (those are) my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge as to what they innovated after you left; they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from the true Islam)"
Sahih al Bukhari, Volume 8 Hadith 585

"The Prophet said, "While I was sleeping, a group (of my followers were brought close to me), and when I recognized them, a man (an angel) came out from amongst (us) me and them, he said (to them), 'Come along.' I asked, 'Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah' I asked, 'What is wrong with them?' He said, 'They turned apostate as renegades after you left.' Then behold! (Another) group (of my followers) were brought close to me, and when I recognized them, a man (an angel) came out from (me and them) he said (to them); 'Come along.' I asked, 'Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah.' I asked, 'What is wrong with them?' He said, 'They turned apostate as renegades after you left.' So I did not see anyone of them escaping except a few who were like camels without a shepherd".
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8 Hadith 587
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 4:21pm On May 16, 2011
for further reading on the sahaba and the shia view in comparison with the sunni view on the sahaba:

"The Sahaba According to the Followers of Ahl al-Bayt"

http://www.al-islam.org/real/39.htm
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by congoshine(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2011
Really sad to read things like this.

How many of you can explain a fraction of what happened in the life of Bayajjida (for Muhsin & other northerners) of Oduduwa(for LagosShia,lagosBoy,uplawal & other yoruba people) ?

You know so much aboout every single minute aspect of Arab inter-tribal politics,history,culture & religion ,but will be hard pressed to say anything about your own heritage.

I'm sorry for this 'lost' generation. cry cry cry

I really hope our great country can produce men & women that will earnestly seek to know more about where they come from rather than waste time on things that have absolutely no bearing on their lives .
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by LagosShia: 7:21pm On May 17, 2011
congoshine:

Really sad to read things like this.

How many of you can explain a fraction of what happened in the life of Bayajjida (for Muhsin & other northerners) of Oduduwa(for LagosShia,lagosBoy,uplawal & other yoruba people) ?

You know so much aboout every single minute aspect of Arab inter-tribal politics,history,culture & religion ,but will be hard pressed to say anything about your own heritage.

I'm sorry for this 'lost' generation.  cry cry cry

I really hope our great country can produce men & women that will earnestly seek to know more about where they come from rather than waste time on things that have absolutely no bearing on their lives .

stay out of this.

religion is a matter of choice.you're free to follow Bayajidda or Oduduwa if you feel they can guide.but how do i follow men that they themselves needed to be guided? anyways that is not the issue,the issue is you have your way and we have ours.there is nothing common between us here.you can use the religion forum to post about your beliefs.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by congoshine(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2011
LagosShia:

stay out of this.

religion is a matter of choice.you're free to follow Bayajidda or Oduduwa if you feel they can guide.but how do i follow men that they themselves needed to be guided? anyways that is not the issue,the issue is you have your way and we have ours.there is nothing common between us here.you can use the religion forum to post about your beliefs.

Hey,don't ever ask me to stay out of anything I have a desire to contribute to. angry

Are you not exhibiting the same tyrannical tendencies you accuse your Arab anti-heroes of ? sad

Religion has nothing to do with your heritage.

If the basis of religion is Almighty God,why all this soap opera ?

"He was supposed to be Caliph,then there was a coup,they killed his grandson . . .blah,blah ,blah " undecided

Where is GOD in all this drama ?

WAKE UP !!
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by Sweetnecta: 10:28am On May 18, 2011
[Quote]I really hope our great country can produce men & women that will earnestly seek to know more about where they come from rather than waste time on things that have absolutely no bearing on their lives .[/Quote]
is religion the culprit of the 'backwardness' of Nigeria as you lamented above? of course not.

nigeria need a big dose of sincere patriotism along with religiosity or lack of any. by the way the onifa and other 'real' idol worshipers are evil and unpatriotic just as much as the abrahamaic religions you are complaining about.

if the christians and indeed the muslims are viewed from the authentic prizms of their religions, the beheadings and other cult sacrifices will have to be blamed on the 'african god' worshipers whose ranks you are asking us to join!

patriotism toward Makka was in the heart of the Messenger [as] as he was leaving her for Madina. it was his commitment to the Madinans [ra] that kept him in the new city that fostered Islam which was born 13 years before in the 'Mother of the towns'.

from the actions of the messenger [as] and those who believed with him 'patriotism to nation and commitment to the religion of islam' can co exist just like science islam are in co evistence.
Re: Matyrdom Of Lady Fatima,daughter Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) by congoshine(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

is religion the culprit of the 'backwardness' of Nigeria as you lamented above? of course not.

nigeria need a big dose of sincere patriotism along with religiosity or lack of any. by the way the onifa and other 'real' idol worshipers are evil and unpatriotic just as much as the abrahamaic religions you are complaining about.

if the christians and indeed the muslims are viewed from the authentic prizms of their religions, the beheadings and other cult sacrifices will have to be blamed on the 'african god' worshipers whose ranks you are asking us to join!

patriotism toward Makka was in the heart of the Messenger [as] as he was leaving her for Madina. it was his commitment to the Madinans [ra] that kept him in the new city that fostered Islam which was born 13 years before in the 'Mother of the towns'.

from the actions of the messenger [as] and those who believed with him 'patriotism to nation and commitment to the religion of islam' can co exist just like science islam are in co evistence.
You know I hardly agree with you ,but you have made more sense than I could ever imagine.

Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) was an arab from Makkah,like you have observed,he was nationalistic in orientation & loved his country/tribe/city.

Its this quest for improving his people (arabs) that led to most of his writings etc.

But most people now extrapolate all these to their own local environment.

Even Jesus Christ said his message was not for non-Jews (Matt 15:23-26)

I'm not necessarily talking about Ifa religion,but I'm referring to our African/Nigerian/Hausa/Yoruba heritage & culture.

Lets spend a fraction of the time we use on all these arab stories on learning about who we are !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do If You Eat In Any Dream / Conversation Between Prophet Muhammad (peace Be Upon Him) And The Devil / 100 Admonitions from the Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.