Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? (13535 Views)

How to hack Facebook/Google/TikTok/YouTube algorithm for maximum post engagement / INEC Portal For The Engagement Of Election Staff Now Open (All You Need to Know) / CJN Bars Judges From Uploading Personal Pictures On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by pocohantas(f): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
LinkedIn is the social network for job seekers, professionals, and businesses. A platform to build your network, find business contacts and connect with recruiters...

In the past the competition was who had the baddest “CV” and work experience. In fact, a friend said the folks on LinkedIn can make you feel your life is useless, lol, but a lot has changed. Our career people are now relaxing the professional platform to accommodate nonprofessional events.

Recently, four people in my circle have complained of the trend of posting engagement pictures on LinkedIn. One said he keeps seeing “and she said yes”. This is a platform that wasn’t designed for lovey dovey, we have Instagram for that already. I think anywhere man and woman dey, love must follow. At least you can meet career bae there ba?

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by folake4u(f): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
I stopped opening LinkedIn cos of the "tensioning" going on in that cyberspace. Gosh, that place was too monotonous for my liking. However now, people have started posting things about Testimonies, birthdays, weddings etc.

Back to the main question, Love can be found anywhere. So if someone meets Career bae from LinkedIn, sure why not post engagement pictures? After all, it's still part of social media.

25 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Juliusmomoh: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
I don't personally support it..

17 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by pocohantas(f): 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
folake4u:
I stopped opening LinkedIn cos of the "tensioning" going on in that cyberspace. Gosh, that place was too monotonous for my liking. However now, people have started posting things about Testimonies, birthdays, weddings etc.

Back to the main question, Love can be found anywhere. So if someone meets Career bae from LinkedIn, sure why not post engagement pictures? After all, it's still part of social media.

Don’t you think it will turn LinkedIn to another Instagram? Someone sat and realized we didn’t have a platform that unites jobseekers and recruiters. Came up with LinkedIn, but they are turning it to BellaNaijaWeddings.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by folake4u(f): 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Don’t you think it will turn LinkedIn to another Instagram? Someone sat and realized we didn’t have a platform that unites jobseekers and recruiters. Came up with LinkedIn, but they are turning it to BellaNaijaWeddings.

Hmmm I don't think the sole purpose of creating LinkedIn is being defeated, some small "BellaNaijaWedding" won't hurt na cheesy grin tongue.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Conner44: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
males shoud keep off from this thread. it is for females only.

take note

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by illicit(m): 1:42am On Jun 22, 2021
Event planners can post it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Wizzyfuturewife(f): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
Mmmm
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
Lol...why post engagement photos online in the first place?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Generalwoodz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
As far as Buhari and his goons won't ban it then it's pretty okay...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Built2last: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
No people on earth abuse LinkedIn like Nigerians.

We post burial, we post herdsmen news we post Tonto Dike and all other scaliwats we have as celebrities there.

It is a business networking platform. not your regular social media.

Have you looked at the profile of Nigerians on LinkedIn. You will see Bss, MSC, FCS, MSS, DSS, POS. everything.

Top CEOs will just put their names.

Nigerians carry their fake life go linkedin

Please don't post anything that is not business related there

21 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by timagentms: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
LinkedIn is for career progress, pls don't turn LinkedIn to Instagram and Snapchat. If you want to post love, my brother kindly go to your Facebook page to post.

27 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by oluwaseyi0: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
Do you think your engagement pictures will help you get better job, advance your career?

LinkedIn is not just your normal social media

Apart from chronic attention seeking I don't get why Facebook, Twitter, tikoto and the rest are not enough for your social stuff

32 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by elonmuskbaby: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
No.you want to turn LinkedIn to a market Square like Instagram

As people are showing off their wedding pictures some are selling soups,jeans,shoes,wigs.penis enlargement etc

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
NO.

LinkedIn is a professional social media site.

Leave those things for Facebook , TikTok, Instragram etc.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by money121(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Sunnybay7: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
It's ok in a way
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Timbryconcept: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
grin
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by ThatFairGuy1: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
No, not at all. We've been experiencing this Nonsense on the platform quite a time Now.

They're bastardizing it to the extent that, birthdays, wedding post, wooing and sort flood it.

It's a career platform and Should remain as Such.

Infact, I expect LinkedIn management to sanction whoever tries making it like Facebook. What Nonsense

13 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Its your choice and its your call
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Sabadon(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
On what basis?
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by kyuniii(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
If you ask me na who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by iambabaG: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
As long as it isn’t against the policy of LinkedIn..
It’s nobody’s business.
If you don’t link it, move on.
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by oluwaahmed: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
In a country full of unemployment the last thing job seekers need is for Linkedin to be filled with small minds and irrelevant stuffs. There's Instagram for that. Let professionals be professional.

21 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Babitee1(f): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Lol that LinkedIn that people usually toast ladies in inbox. As long as it’s a social media platform, people will definitely start posting what they want. But personally I don’t think people should start posting weddings and engagement there,except both of them met on LinkedIn and got married afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by Radovey: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
Oh wow
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by PrimeWatermark: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
LinkedIn gradually turning into Instagram and Facebook.

Unnecessary show-off and lies. Everyone is a motivational speaker, CEO, Founder on LinkedIn but in real life, active job seekers.

I'll stop here.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by SweetMan1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
No
Re: Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
Only a stupid person would do that . Then again Nigeria is full of stupid idiots

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job? / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate / Is It Proper To Borrow Money From Your Boss To Pay Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.