Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate (13542 Views)

Between Master's Degree And Professional Course / Best Professional Exam For Public Administration Students? / Professional Course Available As A Mathematics Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2012
Am a graduate of agric economics and extension,i will like to know the professional course in agricultural science field or any other professional course that match my area of study
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by yamakuza: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2012
ICAN, ACCA, CISA, etc
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by ayox2003: 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2012
@OP
Honestly I've not heard of any professional course or qualification in Agric econs and extension. All my friends that studied Agric never said anything about a professional cert. The career-world is now ''mutually independent'' so with your economics background, you can do the ones listed above and more.
But the way you asked the question shows you have a tinge of interest in Agric, which is very nice. So I'll advice that instead of looking for a qualification, start a farm with the background you have. Since you did FPY (Farm Planning Year) while in school so it shouldnt be a big-deal.

1 Like

Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
@yamakuza nd ayox2003 i aappreciate ur comment,bt do u tink to start farm is an easy task compare to d situatn of dis country,on a serious note is vry challengin
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by yamakuza: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2012
gmumeen: @yamakuza nd ayox2003 i aappreciate ur comment,bt do u tink to start farm is an easy task compare to d situatn of dis country,on a serious note is vry challengin

wrt getting a job, what sort of challenges have u faced?

Inadequate qualifications?
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
yamakuza:

wrt getting a job, what sort of challenges have u faced?

Inadequate qualifications?
wot do u mean by inadequate qualification
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by yamakuza: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
gmumeen: wot do u mean by inadequate qualification

ur BSc in Agric Econs should be able to land you something on a good day, esp with good grades.

Just wondering why you want to pursue certs now.

Sometimes, its the job you get that determines the certs you end up pursuing.

2 Likes

Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
yamakuza:

ur BSc in Agric Econs should be able to land you something on a good day, esp with good grades.

Just wondering why you want to pursue certs now.

Sometimes, its the job you get that determines the certs you end up pursuing.
wer is now d somethin u ar talkin abt?is just to make myself busy,anyway thks so far
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by yamakuza: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
Of the 3 i mentioned, CISA provides the most flexibility.
[s]
At the end of the day, it all boils down to what types of jobs you intend applying for.
[/s]
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by denzel2009: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
yamakuza: Of the 3 i mentioned, CISA provides the most flexibility.
[s]
At the end of the day, it all boils down to what types of jobs you intend applying for.
[/s]

and he has to produce 5years of IS auditing, governance and control experience to earn the designation after passing the exam.
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by yamakuza: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
denzel2009:

and he has to produce 5years of IS auditing, governance and control experience to earn the designation after passing the exam.

true that!

But there are provisions for earning it on the job too.
[s]
Besides, most coys in naija will be happy to know/hear u've only passed the exam. Even for CISSP.[/s]
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by denzel2009: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
yamakuza:

true that!

But there are provisions for earning it on the job too.
[s]
Besides, most coys in naija will be happy to know/hear u've only passed the exam. Even for CISSP.[/s]

Cissp is a beast. I'm not even going to attempt it. If he gets a job in Accenture, Deloitte or PwC, he should just go for Cisa.
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2012
But what of all dis NIM dey asked us to registerd for during nysc year,is it of benefit in any field?
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by Meritbaba(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
Pls advise me: for a man who want to have a livestock farm which one is the better course to study in agriculutural economics and extension or animal production and fisheries
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
@meritbaba,u can choose either of d 2 u wnt because is under same faculty nd u ll offer d same course thruout ur study yr,bt due to d fact dat Nigeria apreciate paper qualificatn nd u said u wnt to invst in livestock stuff,den i ll advice u go for animal productn.
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by Meritbaba(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
Tanx for the reply i really appre8 it,pls which university are or have u finish
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2012
Uwc!Lautech,which institutn do u intnd to go?
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by Meritbaba(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2012
Uniosun or Funnab
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by gmumeen: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2012
Ok,best of luck in all ur endeavour
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by Meritbaba(m): 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
Tanx
Re: Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate by Fabulouslouie(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
How time flies

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Into Yahoo Plus, How It All Started In Details / Some People Kill With Words / Where Can Physiologist Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.